Delphic Oracle 9 for macOS

I finally got Delphic Oracle 9 running on my iMac earlier this evening. I've still got some significant issues to deal with before it's released... Where to put the remaining 1783 files that compose the entire project, accessing protected directories for the Terran Atlas, apparent dylib address collision altering the checksum for two other components that dynamically access the Swiss Ephemeris and setting up a mac installer, but seeing it like this shows that it isn't an impossible dream. What others said couldn't be done is nearly accomplished! I suspect that my Leo L3 ZR spirit will see it fit to be released in November. Here's a preview:
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

It looks really good Curtis, just one or two comments regarding the design: On OSX it is natural to have the application menus in the top bar, and most applications do not have the icons menu such as on Windows applications. In essence, your application on OSX seems very much like a Windows app, although I don't know how much people care about those things..

This is where cross-platform development gets tricky! :???:

Thanks Joao!

I noticed that about the menu. It's not at the level of code that I wrote but probably has to do with platform specific styles designed by Embarcadero. The Mac version of Zodiacal Releasing and the Terran Atlas have the menu's where they should be at the top. Getting rid of the Stylebook component which ZR and the Terran Atlas apps don't have might be the only thing I could do. I'll raise the issue with Embarcadero.
Curtis Manwaring

pankajdubey wrote:Looks good. Availability on MacOS was one of the reasons for purchasing Delphi. I look forward to the final version.
Thanks! I've just uploaded the macOS version to the registered users page. It's a meta package and set to a beta version primarily because I'm new to the installer. But most everything should work provided the files are placed where expected. Still haven't finished printing yet...
Curtis Manwaring

zoidsoft wrote:
pankajdubey wrote:Looks good. Availability on MacOS was one of the reasons for purchasing Delphi. I look forward to the final version.
Thanks! I've just uploaded the macOS version to the registered users page. It's a meta package and set to a beta version primarily because I'm new to the installer. But most everything should work provided the files are placed where expected. Still haven't finished printing yet...
I could not find the registered users page !!

Terrific, works fine Mac OS Sierra, Mac Mini 8GB RAM.
There is no File menu instead the drop down at the end gives options as
tbNew
tbEdit etc.

It still looks a bit windowy, the graphic developers need to focus on the look and feel of MacOS

pankajdubey wrote:Terrific, works fine Mac OS Sierra, Mac Mini 8GB RAM.
There is no File menu instead the drop down at the end gives options as
tbNew
tbEdit etc.

It still looks a bit windowy, the graphic developers need to focus on the look and feel of MacOS
There's no file menu in the windows version, but instead I used "Chart" in place of that. But the first menu item is always replaced by the program name so you don't see that. It seems that mac has the convention of placing About under the program menu whereas on windows it's under help menu. I don't see a way of changing this without violating cross platform programming principles (using {$IFDEF' MACOS} to show a different TMainMenu for macOS).

The "tb" stands for tool bar and that just allows for the deselection of items that you never use to shorten up the bar.

BTW, you might want to deselect auto backup (by default it happens every 10 minutes) until I reconfigure the installer to place these into the users documents folder. You might see a I/O error 13 otherwise. This option is under general options F3, General tab.
Curtis Manwaring