"The Psychopath Inside"

I am reading a book by the neuroscientist James Fallon, called "The Psychopath Inside". He found that scans of his own brain had similarities to those of psychopaths he was studying, and that he had a lot of murderers in his ancestry. He was not too troubled as a scientist he felt that there was more to making a manifest psychopath, and that his family background and upbringing had prevented him from manifesting psychopathy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Fallon

He also gives his exact time, date and place of birth. I don't know whether to tempt astrologers?

I found exactly what I was expecting to find, that he has a similar pattern to a lot of celebrities. I asked in a previous thread whether celebrities were another form of malignant narcissist, or if the slight difference in their charts totally changed the manifestation of the pattern and its nature. His Moon's North Node is 24 degrees Taurus 46 minutes, giving an antiscion of 5 degrees Leo 14 minutes, which closely aspects his Ascendant (giving that famous person trait), Venus and IsisTranspluto. I interpret the IsisTranspluto aspect to his Moon's Nodes as somebody who is very popular, who everybody likes. Both Venus to IsisTranspluto and Venus to the Moon's Nodes can be psychopathic or narcissistic traits. It is their link to a chart angle that is aspected by the Moon's Nodes that might transform these psychopathic traits into the form that is commonly seen in celebrities. Add to that that he is a very likeable person.

There is a second pattern of aspects around the Midheaven. Chiron exactly squares his Midheaven, and Mercury's antiscion in Aquarius is conjunct his IC. His Saturn's antiscion in 9 degreesTaurus 17 minutes squares his Midheaven. This too is a Mercury Chiron Saturn Midheaven formation, with Saturn's orb a bit wide. I would interpret Mercury Chiron Saturn on its own as potentially psychopathic, but being also aspecting a chart angle when another chart angle aspects the Moons Nodes alters this in some way, again to the pattern that is very common among celebrities.

Without the Moon's Node to the chart angle, this could be a standard psychopath or malignant narcissist's chart. I am not sure of the effect of the psychopathic patterns aspecting a chart angle when the Moons Nodes don't aspect either angle. I think the big game changer is his Moon's Nodes antiscia squaring his Ascendant; that changes the potentially psychopathic aspects into something else....that I can't quite put my finger on.

For this kind of purpose I only use conjunctions, squares and oppositions and prefer orbs under one degree and at very most two degrees.

I have not yet fully analysed this chart. Very interesting looking chart.

I was curious that in his book James Fallon describes the warrior gene as a survival adaptation in the human race. Then I saw this article in today's news https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... y-suggests

I wonder what the people with celebrity patterns, psychopath patterns mutated by the Moon's Nodes making a conjunction, square or opposition to a chart angle within one or at most two degrees orb, in their birth charts would have been before there were celebrities? I think they might be different from royalty and aristocracy, as I noticed that in charts of royalty and aristocracy it is often IsisTranspluto that aspects the chart angles, eg off the top of my head Prince Charles has it conjunct his Ascendant.

Fleur I am interested in this subject and I intend to research it. It is on my "to do" list.

I wonder if you have seen this :-

http://darkstarastrology.com/psychopath-astrology/

I intend to look at these charts in more detail paying particular attention to fixed stars.

It seems that it is the reptilian part of the human brain which is implicated in psychopathic behaviour - cold blooded killers etc. Cf. Carl Sagan "The Dragons of Eden".

Therefore I am wondering whether I might find placements in the constellations Serpens, Draco and Hydra for obvious symbolic reasons.

I know you read Charles Carter and I wonder if you are familiar with his book "Some Principles of Horoscopic Delineation" where there is chapter on violent criminals. There are some horrific examples of people who must have been psychopaths although I presume that term wasn't used in the early 20th century.

I was just re-reading this, still puzzling about the same thing, what tweak of the Moons Nodes and chart angles changes a psychopath into something with a totally different effect?

I must have read your link http://darkstarastrology.com/psychopath-astrology/ before. I disagree totally about Scorpio, in my observation Scorpio is one of the least psychopathic signs, though of course psychopathy is not limited to any Sun sign. I remember a Scorpio I used to know who said that murderers were far most likely to be Sagittarius, and definitely not Scorpio, and from what I have observed this has always seemed to be true, think of Ted Bundy, Richard Cottingham, Denis Nilsen, Jeffrey Dahmer....

I know people will point out Scorpios like Charles Manson, Cameron Hooker, Robert Pickton, Gary Heidnik ( born 22nd November 1943), Marc Dutroux.. it probably has nothing much to do with Sun signs and is more about specific aspects.

Scorpios are usually too deep and interested in wanting to know truth to casually cross boundaries. They have thought about consequences too much, they understand karma, they understand spiritual connectedness and the rights of others.

I would more look at certain patterns of aspects to personal planets like Venus and Mercury. Venus is about the taking over of another person's value, their body and their life, and Mercury seems to be associated with the ability to actually commit an act.

The Psychologist Oliver James points out that many top business people are in reality Psychopaths.

I think the difference is whether they are "willing" to draw blood or just don't care about the misery they bring to their employees or competitors.

I remember the story of two Irish Businessmen fighting over who would get control of a big Irish company. They both nearly destroyed themselves in the process.

And a friend who was Psychiatric Nurse telling me one day that he had spent the day trying to find a way to let two Psychopaths back down, when they both wanted to go through a door way first.

In their minds they would potentially suffer Psychological annihilation if they let the other go first.

H

Isn't it a bit like when wild animals held as pets kill and taste blood ? But a useful topic to discuss as I think other "Medical" things should be.