My focus is on Western astrology (traditional and modern), but from what I've seen and heard nothing definitive on Nadi astrology is available in English. I've seen a few books available, but none of them look thorough or even reliable. To the best of my knowledge, and if somebody who knows more about Jyotish corrects me I will gladly eat crow, it's a genuinely esoteric tradition.

Nadi astrology refers to the 150 divisions in rasis/signs, each 12 minutes in length (1800 in the 360 degree zodiac), although some sources say the nadis are different lengths. Sometimes each nadi is broken into halves, making each nadi division 6 minutes. Wiki has a fairly good introductory article on nadi astrology.

There is one set of books on Nadi astrology mentioned in the Wiki article. These are the three volumes, Deva Keralam (Chandra Kala Nadi) translated by R. Santhanam (Sagar, 1992). I have those three books, but most of the material has no practical application. Here is an example from page 15 of volumne 1: ?With the Moon in Kutila nadiamsa while the Sun is in Manjuswana nadiamsa, note the following result: One of the native?s step-sisters will incur widowhood in her childhood.?

There is a book by Chandulal S. Patel, Predicting Through Navamsa and Nadi Astrology (Sagar, 1996-2016) which describes how he has researched the application of some nadi techniques from old texts. This is probably the best source to learn a little about nadi astrology.

I?m currently researching a few nadi divisions by noting biographical information from the 50,000+ data in AstrodataBank, which I?m fortunate to have on my computer. (One planet at a time in a single degree.) There do seem to be some effects, at least in half degrees (shastyamsas) but this is slow and laborious research.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Good to know, Hamilton!

Sorry for the ignorant question, but what about the Nadi Leaves? These books are another branch of Nadi Astrology?

Very interesting your research. If you need a help, maybe I can give you a hand.

BEST
Yair Alon
Kabbalist

Yair Alon wrote:
Sorry for the ignorant question, but what about the Nadi Leaves? These books are another branch of Nadi Astrology?
We don't know the sources of the material in the Nadi texts. Some might have come from the old leaves, but I've read that the leaves themselves wouldn't have survived through the centuries. There are many bogus leaves in India, and if there are genuine leaves (copies), they would be guarded jealously by individuals who have them.

Genuine Nadi readings in India most likely depend on help from astral entities which the reader has contacted through occult or spiritual practices. I've been to India three times, but I never met anyone who was happy with a Nadi reading. I've heard that Nadi readings can be somewhat accurate about the past, but don't turn out for future events.
Very interesting your research. If you need a help, maybe I can give you a hand.
Thank you, but you would need to have the old ADB program (which is now dead) on your computer and only runs on XP computers. For those of us who purchased the program (the last edition was around 2002), we can still add new data that is uploaded for us. The program has gone from 30,000+ data to 50,000 at this time (September 2016).

For those of us still running the program: that means our computers are from the 2002 era. With ADB I can call up every position of a single planet, sorted by degree and minute from Aries to Pisces and note the biographical details. I work with one sign at a time.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm