Earthquakes and Solar Ingress Charts

Earthquakes and Solar Ingress Charts

Can sidereal solar ingress charts predict earthquakes or other traumatic events that affect large numbers of the population?

Recently a discussion was started on the Solunars Forum regarding the comparison of solar ingress charts between the SVP (Synetic Vernal Point, aka Fagan-Bradley) ayanamsa and the Krishnamurti ayanamsa. As the opinion on the Solunars forum is rigidly in favor of the SVP, I am placing the comparison charts here on Skyscript.

Details of the Comparison:
Here is the very much simplified procedure I am using: (Much more would be needed for professional research. But this is a forum.)

There are two steps to the process of studying solar ingress charts: the ingress chart alone and the comparison with transits at the time of the quake. Initially we will look at the ingress charts alone.

Charts to study: Sidereal Solar Ingress Charts Prior to Major Earthquakes

Charts to be compared: SVP and Krishnamurti solar ingress charts immediately prior to quakes.

Parameters I'm Using (Very rough initially as this is exploratory. I cannot find my older files when I did this research many years ago.):

Aspects to Ascendant angles or MC/IC:
(Final orbs not determined without further research. Maybe 5 degrees?)

Conjunction
Square
Opposition
Trine (small orb, 2-3 degrees?)
Quincunx (small orb, 2-3 degrees?) To Asc only from 6th house area
(Same as trine to NG/Zenith point)
Sextile (partile 1 degree to the ascendant)

No midpoints
No other aspects such as 135 or 45 degrees (initially)
Zodiacal aspects only
No mundane aspects or mundane charts

Standard Planets, Sun, Moon through Pluto plus:

Moon's nodes (Rahu and Ketu) VERY important for events that affect many people
(Mean, so-called "true" nodes have not been not tested. I use Mean for now.)

Moon's position and aspects are important if aspecting Asc/MC angles

Initially no pre-conceived planets for quakes until further research with many quakes.

The MC/IC axis in these charts is very important for aspects, but the charts are set up via equal house so that zodiacal aspects can be easily seen. In the sets of charts, the Krishnamurti charts are at the top as they occur earlier than the solar ingress SVP charts which occur the next day. There is a approximately a 59 minute difference between the two ayanamsas.

Chart Set #1: Kanto Quake, Japan, 7.9, 1923
This is the Leo ingress in 1923. There are two important aspect clusters in the Krishnamurti ingress:

Mars and Neptune are at the IC at 28Cnc47 (opp MC)
Moon with Saturn widely trine (4 deg for the Moon) the MC
So: MC-Mars-Neptune-Moon-Saturn

The Ascendant is partile square the Moon's nodes
Jupiter casts the one degree quincunx from the 6th house to the ascendant
So: Asc-Nodes-Jupiter
Partile grand trine centered at the zenith point: Ketu-Pluto-Jupiter

The SVP ingress has the 4 degree square of Uranus to the ascendant

Moon is trine the MC and widely conjunct Jupiter
Saturn in 5th is trine the ascendant by 4 degrees

(To be continued. More quakes to follow.)
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Chart Set #2: Valdivia, Chili, 9.5, 1960
This is the Taurus ingress for 1960.

The K ingress chart has the partile square from Mars at the nadir to Moon on the ascendant.
Jupiter with the Moon is in the degree of the ascendant
Pluto in the 9th house area has a one degree trine to Jupiter and the Ascendant.
Venus from 5th is trine the MC by 2 degrees (This is contra productive for a major quake.)

The SVP ingress has no close aspects to the ascendant
Moon-Saturn are trine the MC.
Mercury is trine the MC

Chart Set #3: San Francisco, 7.8, 1906
This is the Aries ingress of 1906.

These two ingress charts are very similar with the exception of the Moon in the ascendant degree in the K chart opposite Pluto.
The Uranus/Mercury square in the SVP chart has slightly closer orbs to the MC.
Neptune in the K chart has a slightly closer orb to the MC.

Jupiter is trine the MC by 2 degrees in the K chart.
Jupiter is trine the MC by 3 degrees in the SVP chart.

So we have closer orbs of Jupiter and Neptune to the MC in the K chart,
and closer orbs of Uranus and Mercury to the MC in the SVP chart.

Mars is partile quincunx to the ascendant in both charts. (trine the NG/zenith point)

Rahu makes a slightly closer trine to the ascendant in the K chart, about a degree.

Except for the Moon, these charts could be argued to be a toss-up.

I notice in all three of these sets of charts that Jupiter plays a role. That is unexpected.

I will be posting more earthquake ingress charts as time allows. If anyone sees errors in my comments, I would appreciate knowing. It's rather difficult to get everything right, and most of this work is done in the evening when I'm tired. Too much Virgo detail!

jad albert wrote:Nice Sharing!
Thank you! I have several more quakes to post, but have had trouble finding time to post them. Actually I have an entire folder of quakes that could be posted. The USA election has been a distraction, but that will soon be over.

The monthly solar ingress charts are the clearest way to show the significance of the Krishnamurti ayanamsa. It has always been interesting to me that the Lahiri value doesn't give the same key angular planetary patterns. So those six astrological minutes from Krishnamurti make quite a difference in timing.

Therese

Chart Set #4: New Zealand, 7.8: 13 November 2016

This set of sidereal Libra ingress charts is a very good example of why choosing between the SVP (Fagan-Allen) and Krishnamurti ayanamsas requires more research than has so far been given to the comparison. As illustrated here, the ingress chart angles are used, the ingress chart itself is on the center wheel, with quake planets on the outer wheel. I have used the location of Christchurch, New Zealand where the greatest effect of the quake was felt. Epicenter angles are within a degree of Christchurch angles.
We can see immediately that the Uranus-Pluto square (Mars with Pluto) falls on the ascendant angles (not the MC) of the ingress charts. Pluto is closer to the SVP ascendant, a little over a degree while Uranus on the nadir is closer to the K ascendant/nadir degree. The MC of the quake itself conjoins Uranus at the ingress nadir.

The one anomaly between the SVP and K charts is that in the K quake chart the Moon has returned to its ingress degree with only a one minute difference. Is this significant or accidental? I don?t know, but the partile conjunction is striking. The ingress charts themselves more strongly suggest a quake than the quake chart itself. This is the value of sidereal solar ingress charts.

The charts can be closely studied with emphasis on ingress and quake planetary orbs to the ingress angles. This would be the main focus in comparing ayanamsas. For example, the quake ascendant is closer in orb to the K ingress zenith point (quincunx the ascendant), but is closer to the SVP ingress MC. Particularly in the SVP ingress chart, we can?t discount the role of Jupiter in the quake.

One research project (even the much touted Bradley rainfall study which has been discounted by statistical experts) or a few sets of charts can't ?prove? an ayanamsa. I think we have a long way to go before anyone can say that an ayanamsa has been ?proved? without room for doubt. In the meantime astrologers can use whatever techniques they wish to show support for their preferred ayanamsa.