The German astrologer Tania Daniels reports the German media have updated the time of the incident beginning to 17.50 local time.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/m ... 04387.html

Incidentally, I have inserted a link to the BBC news story on the attack to Fleur's post.

Just as a general note to everyone here if your opening a thread like this in future please give a bit detail on what has happened and give a news link.

Death toll from the shootings is currently 9 people. Following the German Police press conference we now know the attacker was an 18 year old man of dual German and Iranian nationality. He seems to have acted alone.
There are several possible charts for Germany:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/germany.php

1 1871 -Proclamation of German Empire, Jan 18th, 1871,1pm, Versailles, France
Even if the proclamation occurred on January 18 in Versailles, the German Empire came into being on January 1, at midnight, in Berlin. The chart for this moment works better for Germany in general and is considered as such and used by the majority of astrologers in Germany (source: Klaus Wessel)
2 1871-German Empire, Jan 1st, 1871, 00:00, Berlin

3 Federal Republic of Germany. 24 May 1949, 00:00 , Berlin.

The chart for when modern democratic Germany became an independent state.

4 Re-unification of Germany: 3 October 1990, 12:00 am CET, Berlin

(on this day the new "Bundesl?nder" became a part of the Federal Republic)

Technically, although German unification occured in 1990 the former East Germany joined the Federal republic not as one but as as separate states or lander.. Many German astrologers still use the 1949 chart since the Federal Republic did not end in 1990. It was simply enlarged with new lander joining it. I go along with this and find the 1949 chart very responsive to transits etc.
Transits-Federal Republic Chart and Munich Shootings

-Tr Mars (MC ruler) Sq Saturn (1949)
-Tr Pluto Sq Moon (1949)
-Tr Saturn opp Venus (10th Equal/WS ruler 1949)
-Tr Neptune Sq Venus (10th Equal/WS ruler 1949)
-Tr Venus conj Pluto (1949)
-Tr Mercury Sq Mars (MC ruler 1949)
-Tr Mercury Sq MC (1949)
-Tr ASC opp Mars (1949)
-Tr MC conj Neptune (1949)
-Tr ASC trine Pluto (1949)
-Tr Sun opp Jupiter (1949)
-Tr Uranus on North Node (1949)
-Tr Mars antiscion Jupiter (1949)
-Tr Part of Fortune Sq Moon (1949)

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Tense eighth harmonic pattern

Hi Mark - the tense 8H pattern that I highlighted in the following thread is triggered again in this chart with Saturn rising, Neptune square ascendant. Mars is 45 degs MC.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9187

It's interesting how the Sun is also playing a role; would we normally expect the Sun to be associated with such malevolence? I know in Vedic astrology the Sun can be considered a malefic.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.