Pankajdubey wrote:
In this chart his Aries ingress is at 2 degree 56 min Aries !!
Yes. Does this still correspond to your Aryabhata ayanamsa?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Pankajdubey wrote:
In this chart his Aries ingress is at 2 degree 56 min Aries !!
Yes. Does this still correspond to your Aryabhata ayanamsa?

Mark
The crescent moon visibility should have been the previous day and that chart would give you Aries 0 degree 30 min or so and Moon that is 26 degrees away from sun at noon .

20 March 622 AD julian

11.28 LMT
Medina

It also fulfils all other criteria:

Venus in 9th
Mars ,Saturn in 1st and New moon crescent.

Hello Pankajdubey,

In fairness I should have said that I dont own the translation of Abu'Mashar by Charles Burnett and Keiji Yamamoto previously cited.

I got the information on the Hegara chart from an old Skyscript thread where a member posted the data. Here were his comments.
Hello, as a contribuition i would like to share the Horoscope of Hegira according to Abu Mashar (The book of religions and dynasties,chapter eight pag 129 -Yamamoto and Burnett translation).

......As usual,medieval astrologers cast an ingress solar Aries chart in order to do analyses of historic events in perspective.

Data:March 21,622 11:38 A.M. Medina-Saudi Arabia (39e36/24n28)
Asc: 2 Cancer 12 M.C.21 Piscis 50

A Conjunction of Mars and Saturn,at 22 Cancer,falls in the Ascendant
Venus,planet of the Arabs,lies in the house of religion,house 9.
New Moon at house 10,mark the beginning of the religion.

All the best
Gerson

It occurs to me my post has simply added more confusion! I put up the time of 11.38AM on March 21st 622 as suggested by that poster. However, note that in the tropical zodiac that chart gives both a rising degree and MC about 3-4 degrees out from that cited. Also according to the poster the crescent moon is in the 10th not the 11th house as I cited.

So good luck to anyone who can combine this time and these ASC/MC degrees to a specific zodiac.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly