While the incidents in San Jose created some political drama they obviously dont compare in national significance to the recent tragic shootings in Orlando Florida. The worst mass shooting in modern American history.

I expected the local ingress chart to pinpoint this tragedy and it did not disappoint. Note how close the angular Mars moves to the ASC with an Aries ingress chart located for Orlando, Florida.
Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks for your reply tom.. as i understand it the astrologers previous to him didn't peg the other ingress charts to the centrality of the aries one... that is interesting if he is saying this..

mark - good idea running the ingress chart to orlando..thanks..

I got my San Jose and Orlando charts mixed up. It was San Jose that had the planets in the 5th not Orlando. My apologies.

I think San Jose was very significant for our purposes, but certainly doesn't rise to the horror of Orlando. Heckling, carrying signs mouthing banalities through megaphones are nothing new in American politics; physically attacking people (without provocation) walking out of the rally is new and chilling, as they say. But I was working on San Jose before the attack in Orlando and didn't really sort out things as I could have, hence the mistake mentioned above. Both events are Mars types and Mars is the Lord of the year under discussion.

The significance of Orlando is what is happening after the event with the politicization of it. In that respect it is of greater significance than San Jose. Both incidents are Mars, though

thanks for your reply tom.. as i understand it the astrologers previous to him didn't peg the other ingress charts to the centrality of the aries one... that is interesting if he is saying this..
He is definitely on a different page from other astrologers on this one. On the other hand in book 25 he goes into a lot of detail on other charts that should be used to make accurate mundane predictions. It gets complex, and obviously I can't get it all down here. For instance, he refers to the other Ingress charts as transits to the Aries Ingress and when they are delineated it is important to take into consideration the new moon prior to that Ingress. Then, elsewhere, he gives a bunch of rules for delineating the lunations.

So what we're looking at is an entire system for mundane prediction that is interconnected, and not a group of unrelated techniques. I'm sticking to the Ingress charts and the Lord of the year. It isn't possible to do much more than that in this kind of setting. Morin spends a lot of ink describing the ideas of other astrologers and "refuting" them. I'd prefer to stay away from that, too.

thanks for the additional comments tom.. i agree with you and morin that it is about more then just ingress charts.. i made a post on eclipse charts set to washington earlier in the year on the mundane forum here.. i actually articulated the many different charts that one needs to look at in another post here on the mundane forum which for this year would also include the mars/saturn conjunction charts too.. in fact, the jupiter/saturn conjunction charts are also central to this conversation as well.. see my june 2nd post on this thread for more - http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8923

i have been busy reading music books - the soloist - and a few new orleans jazz history type books, but i am going to get morins book 25 and see just what he is saying.. thanks for mentioning this..

i have 2 charts for nato - april 4 1949 - 452pm - washington dc and nato 2 - august 24 1949 - 1142am, also set to washington.. seems to me nato has been on a real war path and has pushed hard with a war exercise in europe on russias doorstep... does this fit with the aries ingress chart with mars rising 2016? i think it does.. unfortunately the cancer and libra ingress charts don't look any more positive to my eyes with the eclipse charts for the fall lining up with the mars/saturn conjunction.. lord of the year as mars 2016 is fitting..