felipeastrologo wrote:This chart shows the most common testimony for pregnancy: L5 is in house 1. That is: "there is a baby inside the mother". (Mother being the querent) It is rather literal.

In this chart there is no need of any aspects and there is no need of a significator for the mother. So yes, there is pregnancy.

But there is a significant affliction to the baby in the form of an applying opposition with Mercury with negative reception from Mercury towards Mars. If there is a history of pregnancy problems or concerns with difficulties in becoming pregnant this *can* be such an indication.
Hi again Felipe,
IN case you are "out there." I wanted to loop back for 2 reasons, one to provide more info on the outcome here and second, to pose another question.

1) I am (was) not pregnant. Now, I dont knwo if I conceived and it did not implant, or if there was no fertilization but by the end of the month the cycle ended as it normally does.
1b) I am now wondering if the affliction you saw from the father was in fact an event that happened with my ex (the father of a previous loss and a man who I had separated from). He ended up taking some ...negative actions shall we say, towards me, that resulted in me having to solve an emergency to prevent harm to a third party and as a result, me being without sleep or food on the most critical day of implantation. I could not have lpredicted this would happen out of the blue, but I now in retrospect wonder if that is waht the chart was saying, ie the promise of conception thwarted by outside forces. Just an idea.

And here comes the question:
3) SINCE I am not pregnant, I cast a horary for next month's attempt which is using donor sperm from a different bank. these attempts are becoming very costly to me as a would be single mother, so I really have to be judicious in when and how often I make the attempts. Jupiter is in the 1st. I note in your sentence above, "L5 is in house 1" is a given for pregnancy. In this case the H5 cusp is not ruled by Jupiter, it's ruled (ugh) by Saturn. I know Jup is the natural significator for children however I presume that alone is not enough testimony for a "yes"?

Hi Polina,
Polina wrote:I don't knwow if I conceived and it did not implant, or if there was no fertilization but by the end of the month the cycle ended as it normally does.
What the chart is showing is: the inserted fertilized ovum "inside you" and its L8's immediate affliction, which translates as the ovum will not survive "inside you". How or why is not possible to answer with horary. The tight opposition stresses the fact that the affliction is present at the chart time; so the "pregnancy" did not develop further. In practice, while the statement "pregnancy" was probably used with the image of a growing ovum/child, the outcome came to one of the options we considered: "a loss".
Polina wrote:I am now wondering if the affliction you saw from the father was in fact an event that happened with my ex (the father of a previous loss and a man who I had separated from).
The "father" affliction I mentioned as *speculation* was before I knew this was IVF. So, it can be disregarded.

Polina wrote:Jupiter is in the 1st. I note in your sentence above, "L5 is in house 1" is a given for pregnancy. In this case the H5 cusp is not ruled by Jupiter, it's ruled (ugh) by Saturn. I know Jup is the natural significator for children however I presume that alone is not enough testimony for a "yes"?
As far as I am concerned, we need to look first at L5. Saturn being L5 is not a problem in itself just by being Saturn. Jupiter in detriment in the 1st is likely of significance.

I would have to look at the new chart to give a proper opinion. If you post it please make sure to state clearly what you want to know and what your concerns are.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Hi Felipe,
Many thanks for the reply. Ok then I will post the chart here. The question is will the attempt at pregnancy/conception using IUI in the month of july work in that I will conceive/the egg will fertilize andimplant/ the child will not have any disorders/I will carry to term and deliver a healthy baby.

If the chart shows "no" (and I am pretty sure it does bc Saturn is not in the 1st), then I'd like to know any hints as to the impediments.

Also I'm aware of the early ASC warning but am reading the chart for clues anyway, as I need as much information as possible on this short (and expensive) journey.

Here is the chart:
http://imgur.com/DAI2esj

ps. FYI just in case it affects the reading or understanding of the question. IVF is invitro insemination which involves taking loads of hormones, artificially extracting the eggs from the ovaries, artificially inseminating them in petri dishes in the lab, allowing them to grow to 3- or 5- day blast phase, and then implanting them back in the female. I'm not doing that as my hormones are fine and I am able to conceve in my own. IUI is intra-utero insemination which is simply inserting sperm into the uterus. ICI is intra cervical which is basically injecting sperm up to (but not through) the cervix. The latter two can be done in a home or office environment. IVF can only be done in a clinic for the obvious reasons. This time I am doing IUI or possibly a combination of IUI+ICI. but in any case there is not a live partner unfortunately.

As noted, this is for the month of July, the next cycle. We are currently in June :D

Are you asking about future aspects? The phrasing was "will it work" (not "did it" / not past tense).

Or do you want to know exactly which process will be used? I can say money has already been paid and at least one IUI will be performed. I have to wait for responses from providers about costs for a second IUI vs just ICI by myself.

Also FYI this "process" takes about 1 minute long in time. But it cannot be started prior to ovulation. It's not like IVF that takes months and thousands of dollars. So when I ask "Will it work in July" it means in that cycle. We are currently in the June cycle and I am not undertaking any attempts this month for financial reasons.

Does that help clarify?? I just dont like to get caught up in clinical details if its not necessary but I'm happy to provide as much information as needed in order to understand the question.

Ok no worries :-) and thanks in advance.

I'm getting a solid 'no' the more I look at it, (presuming even with early ASC nothing drastic will change as time passes). But it helps me learn to read the details/nuances of these sorts of charts, ie Jupiter as natural ruler of children yet NOT the ruler of the 5th house, so does it mean the same thing or is that less of a testimony? that sort of thing is a nuance I dont have the answer for yet.

Hi Polina,

I agree.

L5, Saturn, is retrograde. It is on Pluto by antiscion and it is on the star Antares. Antares is the star of things that end or fail to start. So we have some significant afflictions to L5 and an absence of pregnancy testimonies. I'm afraid, the answer to the questions would be negative.

Jupiter, the natural ruler of sperm, in house 1 aptly describes the method/processes you are planning to attempt.
--
Felipe Oliveira

Felipe thanks. A testimony like this always leads me to wonder: if I change something (add more vials, do the procedure ina clinic, or do ICI instead of IUI) would it change the outcome? One astrologer once told me horary is a glimpse of what will happen if we "keep on the same path" but doesnt show if we take other action. So what other action could I possibly take? :???:

In what way does jupiter reflect the procedure -- simply because it is "in my home" or putting the sperm (Jupiter) in me (H1)? Couldnt' conception by natural means be shown similarly? I realize probably it would use the 8th house but...?

Hi Polina,

If you change something then you have to ask another question and do another chart. Horary is like detective work. You get some information, listen to your intuition, investigate and then a new question may come up, and so on.

But I always say: listen to you intuition, because there is a margin of error in horary. If an interpretation doesn't feel right follow your own intuition instead.

Yes, to my eyes, Jupiter is descriptive of the procedure because the chart always reflects the context as described by the querent.

Notice that Venus (your reproductive system) is applying to sextile Jupiter. This completes the picture of such insemination. Venus is in Jupiter's exaltation, good, totally receptive to Jupiter. But Jupiter is in Venus' fall, rejecting Venus. Venus is also combust so "inaccessible/hidden/afflicted" in some way (a health professional might be able to explain how.)

Jupiter is in detriment so essentially weak. Being on the North Node makes it accidentally strong. It is difficult to pinpoint the actual meaning of such combination. We could say that essence we have a powerful procedure which has no cabability to produce what it is supposed to. Or we could say that there is something equally good and bad about the procedure/sperm. Or we could say that the outcome is mixed. Again, only a doctor can tell how.
--
Felipe Oliveira

I have a thousand questions but I truly attempt to keep the horaries pinpointed and focused. This (and the other current post) are my main concerns because obviously they relate to each other (if there's no partner, I must pay for procedures, in which case Iwant to know when is the best time, because money is not unlimited, I am single, and so forth). its a tangled web of intersecting issues.

Alas I cannot separate out intuition. I feel and want a child so much that I can sense them nearby, but the horaries keep showing me "no" and I dont understand "why no"? If I feel one thing, why the horaries keep showing another. I read this (and the other) and I want to receive the Truth bc its the only way to maximize my resources and time. But to be honest it's really discouraging to have such bad luck.

Going purely on health results there's no reason I would not concieve but the IUI statistics are low given that its not a very reliable way to conceive (its less than 10% success rate bc the biomaterials die out if the timing is not precise, and the timing can never be precise because medicine is just not that advanced to predict the exact timing of the ovum...yet). There is also the risk that the thawing procedure is done incorrectly (by the clinician) and there's no way to know or prove that unless you have a microscope handy which (I personally dont) and most clinicians wont bother checking. There is also the mundane risk of stress affecting the process or the more metaphysical concept that the child-to-be wants a father and I dont have that to offer them at this point.

So it could be any number of things... when I've conceived it has been with a live partner. when I try with donor sperm it fails. SO there is something to that too I guess? But right now I dont have that option and I'm out of time.

Apologies for the long explanation but just wanted to provide the comments.

Polina wrote:the IUI statistics are low given that its not a very reliable way to conceive (its less than 10% success rate bc the biomaterials die out if the timing is not precise?..
This correlates with a planet in detriment signifying such procedure in the chart.
Polina wrote:There is also the mundane risk of stress affecting the process or the more metaphysical concept that the child-to-be wants a father and I dont have that to offer them at this point.
If that fact creates stress in you then it will affect the outcome in one degree or another. That can explain why Mercury is combust by antiscion by your L12 and is about to enter combustion in Cancer while exalting Jupiter. I did not say anything before because I had no idea of what that could mean. If that is a significant factor then the chart is clearly showing it.
Polina wrote:Apologies for the long explanation but just wanted to provide the comments.
No need to apologize. The details you brought up help comlete the picture. Rare is the querent who will do that. Thank you.
--
Felipe Oliveira