My experience has been that different house systems are appropriate for different purposes. I use a quadrant system for planetary strength, but whole sign houses for meaning.

On zodiacs, I use Tropical for meaning but am still undecided about Sidereal v Tropical for rulership. Yes, I know, using different zodiacs like that does not make sense, but it often works :)

It is funny that you say that, GB, in light of Robert Schmidt's recent lecture release on the subject. His conclusions about what the Greeks did with houses is exactly what I have found by observation - namely that quadrant houses should be used to pick the Hyleg and beginning planet in time-lord systems like Decennials, but whole-sign for everything else. Another observation that I later found out coincides with ancient practice is the use of the Sidereal zodiac for everything but determining the ascensional times of the signs.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

astrogooner wrote:Not necessarily - different techniques work better with different subjects.
If it was down to the zodiac I use, then surely your own predictions would be better than the rate they currently sit at?
On the flat racing 2016 thread i've made 21 suggestions and had 11 winners.

You have had how many, exactly?
Astrogooner, I have no interest in entering into a pissing contest with you, and I note it was one you never wanted either before you edited your post. Please ignore me, and I will do the same to you.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

Please ignore me, and I will do the same to you.
:'

Sorry, i'm alway happy to engage in debate, and i have my own particular style.If you don't like it, it's not a problem. I don't hold grudges and i edit because i have a Virgo Mercury.

Maybe you're a little bit sensitive to frank discussion? I do apologise - sometimes my natal mars/mercury upsets the more sensitive of souls. With such a 'successful natal rate', i'm sure you'll understand...

I might edit this in a few moments - i apologise in advance...

And it was you who posted how dire your sports predictions are - i'm only trying to point you in the right direction...

:'

Goal at 89'mins? Ephemeral movement trine Sun...

I'm sorry, i'm happy to make predictions and not afraid to get it wrong...
There's on;y 2 of us on here brave enough to do so - so no need to apologise for virgo Moon it seems to me...

(Apologies all the same...) :-T
Verum e

Last odds I saw for the Wales game was 6/4 Wales and 15/8 Slovakia

I will amend the posts when I am back at a computer to give some explanation

Today
Turkey Croatia draw (Moon aspect Venus from its sign of debility _moon in Virgo, Moon in bounds of Mars, next aspect Mars, Lord of Hour Mars)
The other two favourite (Moon in bounds of malefic, last aspect from same malefic- go with favourite)
Last edited by john on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPAIN v CZECH REPUBLIC 13/06

Frawley

-Moon Cusp House 1 - Fav
-L1 (Venus) antiscia Cusp House 10 - Fav
-Moon sxtl POF antiscion FINAL ASPECT - Fav
-L1 Combust - Ud

Spain Win.

Lehman Alt

-Jupiter in 12th house: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Libra Rising: 1 Point for Home Team.
-Capricorn on 4th House Cusp and Saturn is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 4th Cusp sextile Asc: 4 Points for Home Team.

Czech Republic Win.

REP OF IRELAND v SWEDEN 13/06

Frawley

Moon sqr L10 antiscion (Sun) FINAL ASPECT - Fav
L7 Combust - Fav

Sweden Win.

Lehman Alt

-Aquarius on 4th House Cusp and Saturn is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 1st in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Away Team.
-Scorpio Rising and Mars Retrograde: 3 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of Asc square MC: 4 Points for Away Team.

Sweden Win.

BELGIUM v ITALY 13/06

Frawley

-L1 (Jupiter) antiscia In House 4 - Ud
-L1 CNJ North Node - Fav
-L10 Combust - Ud

Italy Win.

Lehman Alt

-Mars in 12th house: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Mars in Scorpio ruling 4th house (Aries on 4th cusp): 2 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of 4th in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Aries on 4th House Cusp and Mars is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 1st in Term: 2 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of Asc square Asc: 4 Points for Away Team.

Belgium Win.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Antediluvian days, but let?s archive the SR%, post seven ?wars?.

Frawley: 2/7 ? 29%
Lehman Alt: 4/7 ? 57%
Lehman True: 0/1 ? 0%

hOur John: 5/7 ? 71%

Next note, Wednesday eve?
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Picking football results can go horribly wrong very quickly, so I'm saying nothing yet. Averaging 1 in 3 seems to about par for the course- we'll see,

I'm now back in front of a computer and I've amended my previous two posts.

Monday

Spain v Czech: Spain to win (Moon applying to Ascendant, then MC, Hour ruler and Ascendant ruler of the same triplicity, Lord of the hour in domicile)

Sweden/ROI - draw (not much activity/energy in the chart, Moon next aspect to weak retrograde planet and Lord of Hour in detriment)

Belgium/Italy - draw ( Lord of Hour and Ascendant same humoral quality, and same triplicity by Lilly -balance - and next aspect to weak retrograde planet)