Job Offer During Merc Retro Gone Wrong!

I applied for the position before the retrograde around early March. I interviewed and completed every step before the retrograde. Finally, the job was offered to me during the Mercury retrograde, as well as salary discussion.

In fact now my job title has been demoted due to a technicality!

I don't feel comfortable starting a job I didn't even apply for, and it has gone unfavorably for me, so I am going to go in with negative feelings.

One thing Mercury is known for is reversals. I am hoping this is not the only reversal, since I am due to start the job after Mercury goes direct. Do you think this will all reverse at some point thereafter or am I stuck? Also, I am due to sign the offer notice during the Mercury retro also.

Thanks for all advice!

NOTE: Just remembered I asked a horary about the title demotion. I'll post the chart tonight!

I am mostly not aware of Mercury retrogrades unless I read forum posts like yours that make me think about them and look at the ephemeris.

I just checked the ephemeris on this for the first time, and noticed that retrograde Mercury is indeed on the part of my chart that relates to an issue I am struggling with right now, where there are problems with Mercury type things. Mercury right now is 21 degrees Taurus 44 minutes, so it is just within one degree, by 3 seconds, of aspecting the relevant area of my chart, which particularly came to a head today after brainstorming the problem yesterday, and I realise now that I am stuck. That is very, very interesting to notice, and I wouldn't have considered it before reading your post.

I have long wondered how the inner planets, ie the Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars time events, and how precisely. And I am not sure of the effect of retrogrades and am even more curious about stations, which seem to be very powerful both natally and in transits.

I suspect that regarding issues like your job which are affected by the retrograde Mercury, this isn't just timed by Mercury but by transits of all the inner planets. I wouldn't have thought that the inner planets do any more than time something that is inevitable anyway due to the more powerful outer planets, they are timers not movers.

With my current problem, it is actually very much on the cards due to outer planets and also slower moving inner planet timers than Mercury. Retrograde Mercury is I think just temporarily causing progress to stop. I do expect either or both of Mercury going direct or other inner planets aspecting the same point in my chart to get things moving again.
Last edited by fleur on Thu May 05, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I just noticed that Mercury is retrograding in square to my friend's Moons Nodes, and exactly the time she found out that her much loved cat died a few days ago Mercury was within one degree of her Moons Nodes. At the moment she is so upset that she can't talk about it, and said that she might be able to talk about it in a few weeks' time. She said that if she talks about him she will get too upset to sleep or work. She isn't an astrologer, and doesn't know anything about Mercury retrogrades.

As with the problems I am having, my friend's Moons Nodes are being hit by far heavier outer planet transits as well as slower moving inner planet transits. Mercury only times the inevitable, and retrograde Mercury confounds things ruled by Mercury.

Not only Mercury retrograde now, Mars especially should be considered since it going to change sign back to Scorpio and all aspects to your natal important.
I was hired once on retro-Mercury with perspective to get full-time position but later only was offered contract position there, which was lasting few months. Than they rehired me in a month (again on reto-Mercury:-T ) and that was lasting for another 3 months...