Start of match was advertised at 2.00pm. But I assume you posted just before start of match live so I use your time. Its makes little difference.

-Mercury (Lord 1) in Taurus in 9th. Its not combust or under beams

-Jupiter (Lord 7) in Virgo was in the 12th in detriment.

Mercury rules MC

Mercury forms a separating trine to ASC

POF in 1st

NN in 1st

So chart clearly favoured Lord 1.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Mark

The match was played in Paris - start time 15:15 (local time).

I live in England.

Frawley method didn't work this time.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Ah I missed the match. :oops: I assumed you were giving local time. Maybe a good idea if posters can clarify time zone along with times?

Back to the drawing board then!

In ancient astrology a planet in one of its dignities (Chariots) was protected from the effects of combustion. In this chart Venus is in its bound (Egyptian)

or

You could ditch Frawley and use Bonatti? In battle charts he gave the 1st to the challenger and the defender the 7th?

We could argue as no 1 seed Djokovic was the favourite/defender?

or

Rather than go for a 1st-7th approach what about looking at rulers of MC the prize? Favourite to domicile ruler. Challenger to exaltation ruler of MC?

Just a few ideas.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I think what happens is that most people here are looking to predict results in order to make profitable bets.

All the betting sites (in the UK) quote event start times in UK time. This is when the match, race or whatever changes from pre-match betting to in-play betting. Many people set charts for the betting sites given time: UK time (and zone), but for overseas matches for the overseas location. It helps to avoid timing errors.

The game was in Paris, France at 15:15 local time (regardless of where the astrologer lives!).

13:15 UCT (Universal Coordinated Time or GMT) but 14:15 BST for UK TV schedules etc.

Betting sites tend to display times according to your computer's locale.