UEFA Euro 2016

I'm dedicating this thread to AG, Konrad, and GB...

Gonna break down the synopsis for every match...

See you on the 9th...

Frawley, and Lehman - Lehman as the Dsc for France or the Fav (Asc) for every other match...

Yes...

Thumbs up
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Like Konrad I feel that a method should work for multiple matches at the same time. Yes, looking at individual matches helps us test ideas, but if it does not work for Saturday 15.00 then we are missing something.

Two things that have been suggested from time to time are: using the nickname of the teams, much in the way we use horse names in racing prediction, and using the team colours. I have not had much success with either method, but then, I have not tested either systematically.

GB

GB wrote:Like Konrad I feel that a method should work for multiple matches at the same time. Yes, looking at individual matches helps us test ideas, but if it does not work for Saturday 15.00 then we are missing something.

Two things that have been suggested from time to time are: using the nickname of the teams, much in the way we use horse names in racing prediction, and using the team colours. I have not had much success with either method, but then, I have not tested either systematically.

GB
Primarily, I have been testing this with chunks of matches with similar charts. I have been focused primarily on Fortune and its aspects, though I have also tried to include Spirit. I have looked at both the 12 and 13 dodekatemoira in both the Sidereal and the Tropical zodiacs. I believe that we must use exact start times as close to the second as possible to see why similar charts are showing different results, so all of the matches I have in my database (some 15,000 from the last 6 years minus a period a couple of years ago where I stopped working on this for a few months) are taken from in-play betting sites and are normally around +/- 20 secs of the actual start time. I have looked at assigning the teams based on strip colours (using the traditional Babylonian and then Harranian planetary assignments) and also used favourite/underdog (using both benefic/malefic for favourite/underdog or planets in sect for favourites, out-of-sect for underdogs) in trying to decipher the results. I tend to ignore successful predictions over the short term as I have gone relatively long periods of time without an incorrect prediction though over some weeks, the accuracy % tends to even itself back out to a rate not profitable. Over the last 6 years I have broken even while gambling, and not being a gambler per se, this is a relief.

I guess what I am getting at is that I feel I have exhausted every avenue and I think I may have to call it quits with this project as it is eating up hours a day. If anyone wants to use my database, or wants to try and learn something from my experience, then I am happy to oblige. I understand that my advice may not be wanted, but I would urge anyone who wants to pursue this to work with multitudes of games with similar charts and pick it apart from there. Even though I did this, I was still lead down dead-ends with principles I found working over multiple days' and weeks' games. The chance of disproving these same principles had I been working with one game to one chart is slim and I can't see how much if any progress would be made that way. If you look at the forum from long ago, the methodology used has not changed much despite it not being accurate over longer periods of time or on multiple games with similar charts, and those like Frawley who claim to have something abandoned it a while ago.

I really hope one of you gets it because apart from the financial freedom it would provide, I always saw this as the best way to demonstrate the efficacy of astrology.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

Interesting post, Konrad.

League football is not the right testing ground. On average, 25% of games end in a draw.

The holy grail on predicting a 'win' of any type using sports astrology is a 75% strike rate, as proved by Brady.

So a 56% strike rate in league football would be the best possible result anyone could achieve.

American sports, or rugby would be a better option.

I'll do all the Euro matches in this thread and we'll see the strike rate after the final.

Saturnhead wrote:Interesting post, Konrad.

League football is not the right testing ground. On average, 25% of games end in a draw.

The holy grail on predicting a 'win' of any type using sports astrology is a 75% strike rate, as proved by Brady.

So a 56% strike rate in league football would be the best possible result anyone could achieve.

American sports, or rugby would be a better option.

I'll do all the Euro matches in this thread and we'll see the strike rate after the final.
I appreciate what you're saying, Saturnhead, but league football is exactly where a method should be tested. I regularly went on runs of 8 - 10 games of accurate predictions, draws included, yet over the course of 100 games, the success rate went down. So a method developed with individual games during the Euros might look good for a while, but it is likely to break down as it is implemented more and more. I also believe that any method that predicts a win should also be able to predict draws. I don't really see the accuracy of Brady's method that she claims she has, she even comes out with excuses like using the scheduled start time instead of the actual start time in matches that are delayed. That is absolutely crazy.

That said, I wish you well during the next month and the following season. Predicting this stuff is an unforgiving task
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

Thanks, Konrad. Great point about a method falling apart, the more one uses it! I have experienced this!

I don?t believe football league is the right sport because all of these methods came out of predicting wars, or court cases.

No war ever ends in a draw and there were never 10 wars all happening at 3:00pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how each method performs.

Two things that have been suggested from time to time are: using the nickname of the teams, much in the way we use horse names in racing prediction, and using the team colours.
I agree with the nickname part but i have my doubts with the colours bit; For example, a couple of years ago on a tread, everyone seemed to be in agreement that Chelsea where a Cancer team and signified by the Moon, because their kit is blue with white socks. It seemed to escape everyone's attention that Chelsea's badge is a lion, their club strap line is 'pride of London', their ground is around the corner from the King's Road which is in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Even their team colours are royal blue. It's no wonder no one could make an accurate forecast for their games.

While colours may have their place, there are stronger testimonies to be had.
Verum e

Hey, guys - we are fast approaching Friday.

I will post 3 methods for every game.

-Frawley - Asc = Fav
-Lehman (Alt) - Asc = Fav (Away Team)
-Lehman (True) - Asc = Away Team

Frawley is standard assigning Asc to the Favourite.

Lehman (Alt) is using the Away Team testimonies as the Favourite (read about someone using this method for Baseball with good results, so think its work investigating).

Lehman (True) will only be used for France - they are the only Home Team in the competition, and get the Descendant.

Fav will always be highlighted in BOLD.

Will post these predictions 24 hours in advance.

Will keep a running total of strike rate after each day of play.

If anyone wants something different, please do let me know.

FRANCE v ROMANIA (10/06)

Frawley

-Moon sxt POF antiscion FINAL ASPECT - Fav
-L10 Combust ? Ud

Moon is the stronger testimony.

France Win.

Lehman Alt

-Mars in 12th house: 2 Points for Home Team.
-Mars in Scorpio ruling 4th house (Aries on 4th cusp): 2 Points for Home Team.
-Ruler of 4th in Sign of Rulership: 4 Points for Home Team.
-Aries on 4th House Cusp and Mars is Retrograde: 3 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of 1st in Term: 2 Points for Away Team.
-Ruler of Asc square Asc: 4 Points for Away Team.

France (Asc) Win.

Lehman (True)

Romania (Away) Team Win.

On my blog I've gone from the Romanians to win and an early goal too.

They only conceded 2 goals in qualifying whereas France have lost recently to lowly England (my outsider tip) 8)
Verum e

I assume the chart for the France/Romania game has 10 Sagittarius rising.

On this basis, I'm going for the favourites, France to win.

Hour ruler is the Ascendant ruler, albeit in detriment.

GB wrote:Saturnhead, thanks for doing this. The analysis will be very useful and interesting.
Pleasure. :'

Been reading some of your historic threads.

You've certainly put a shift in, Sir.