There are a number of striking things about the chart.

1. The 5th Campanus cusp applies to Pluto; however, as the race usually starts late, the cusp will probably be past Pluto at the actual start time. So do we use the chart for the scheduled start, or the chart for the actual start and so not look for a Pluto named horse (unless the race does actual start on time)?

2. The Sun-Uranus conjunction looks far too powerful to ignore.

3. Moon trine the Node and Asc is similarly powerful.

4. This is a handicap race and so the Sepharial method should be considered.

At the moment, the field is far too crowded to make much sense of things. Once we have a better idea who the actual runners will be, it should be worth revisiting. I believe the maximum number of runners is 40, currently there are 96 listed!

1. The 5th Campanus cusp applies to Pluto; however, as the race usually starts late, the cusp will probably be past Pluto at the actual start time. So do we use the chart for the scheduled start, or the chart for the actual start and so not look for a Pluto named horse (unless the race does actual start on time)?
According to Addey, 5th cusp aspects only work down to 18?, which, i believe, is a vigintile?

The only time i have found a 5th cusp conjunction to work, is when the cusp itself is in the term of the ruling planet of either the 10th or 12th house - and said body is conjunct the 5th cusp at the same time.

Rare.
At the moment, the field is far too crowded to make much sense of things. Once we have a better idea who the actual runners will be, it should be worth revisiting. I believe the maximum number of runners is 40, currently there are 96 listed!
Urano would be the obvious selection.
Verum e

Addey 5th Cusp Aspects

17:18

Mercury tdecl Orb = 0?57'
Mars novl Orb = 0?49'

17:21

Sun sqr Orb = 1?51'
Mer tdecl Orb = 0?17'
Mar novl Orb = 0?09'

-Gallant Oscar (Oscar means 'Friend' & 'Spear') would certainly fit Mercury and/or Mars.

-Last Samuri picks up on that Mars.

It's that main square Sun that bothers me.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

That Sun could be so many different horses though:-

Sir Des Champs, Soll, Morning Assembly, Rule the World, Vieux Lion Rouge...

:-?
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

We are at the two day stage and so are down to 44 possible runners - makes things a bit easier to handle :)

Using the Sepharial handicap method I get either a group of six horses with weight 10-6, or a single horse with weight 11-3 Wonderful Charm. Now, if only I could find a strong indication for Venus I might feel Wonderful Charm was worth backing EW at 50/1

GB