GB wrote:So do we use the chart for the scheduled start, or the chart for the actual start and so not look for a Pluto named horse (unless the race does actual start on time)?
Frawley added a postscript somewhere and said use the scheduled time. I think it was from a cricket match (but don't quote me) ... or maybe a football match that was famous but had the usual start time changed by a few hours. He found that the "normal time" chart worked best.

Which is interesting.... might be worth looking at 16:15 start time chart since is when this race usually starts.... (campaus 5th gives venus in aries in 7th... your venus signature ! )

Anyway, looking at 17:15 start time, what strikes me is campanus 5th applying to pluto which is in a (separating) earth grand trine with moon and jupiter. That is the signature I will probably be concentrating on.

Rule the World jumps out. And Sir Des Champs perhaps?
(Interestingly same owner for both)

The Off

No-one talks about the 3 o'clock at Chelsea (football) but Grand National or not the race is the Aintree 5.15 so taking the official time ought to remain valid however late the actual off. The official time is crucial because any race going off early is void.

The problem about making predictions before the day of the race is there are withdrawals. The lowest weight horse (from yesterday) has dropped-out, raising the lowest weight by 2 pounds. My Sepharial calculation now moves up a pound to First Lieutenant at 40/1. Now, can I stretch Sun in Aries to cover that?

Thought I'd throw my two transit system ratings into our pot. Just to muddy the waters a bit more. :)

Transit System 1

01. HOME FARM
02. UCELLO CONTI
03. THE LAST SAMURI
04. PENDRA
05. ONENIGHTINVIENNA
06. BALLYCASEY
07. UNIONISTE
08. MORNING ASSEMBLY
09. WONDERFUL CHARM
10. ON HIS OWN

Transit System 2

01. JUST A PAR
02. HOLYWELL
03. THE DRUIDS NEPHEW
04. SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR
05. GILGAMBOA
06. TRIOLO D?ALENE
07. MORNING ASSEMBLY
08. THE ROMFORD PELE
09. RULE THE WORLD
10. ONENIGHTINVIENNA
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

First Lieutenant at 40/1. Now, can I stretch Sun in Aries to cover that?
I think so, although personally, think that 'Lieutenant' is a slightly more mercurial term.

I'm looking now at Soll @66/1 as a fun bet.

Can't the that Sun/Uranus ting oot me heed

Aspell's Sun is on the MC, btw.
Verum e

Grand National 2016

Venus is in Aries angular in the Seventh house. A woman in a man's world. The only woman in the race is Katie Walsh, a highly competent rider of more than one contest at Cheltenham. She is riding Ballycasey wearing pink with green spots. Mercury ruling the press in a mundane chart is in Taurus thus deposited by Venus. Is this who they are going to be writing about at the end of the race?

Although there are too many runners to look at them all, I have looked at the race transits to a few of the horses' natal charts. Wonderful Charm stands out again:

Race Venus trine natal Mars.
Race Moon conjunct natal Venus (what we might call the horse's 'name' planet).
Race Sun-Uranus conjunction square (2 degrees) natal Jupiter.

We will see.