When Rudolf Steiner talks about the spiritual forces of the zodiac, he is limiting himself to the sphere of our solar system and Sun in relation to our earth.......
... Steiner places a great deal of emphasis on the nature and evolution of the human being as related to our zodiac, including the education of children. He?s not concerned about beings who might live within the sphere of Sirius, for example.

The spiritual beings he talks about are strictly related to our solar system
Ah, OK. that makes more sense then and as you say, my comments don't apply to his theories.

Thank you
A
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

Amelia wrote:
Ah, OK. that makes more sense then and as you say, my comments don't apply to his theories.
Amelia, whether or not one sees the spiritual beings Steiner speaks of as a reality, we still have the problem (or mystery if you prefer) of the fixed stars in the vicinity of the zodiac. Sidereal astrologers can simply say they all go together to make up the influence of a sign, but why (in the tropical zodiac) would a few bright stars have influence, but not the millions of other stars?

I don't believe that even sidereal astrologers have considered the source or process of a sign's supposed influence. Astrologers who use both zodiacs talk about the mathematical measurement, but very few look behind that measurement to wonder about the source of a sign's characteristics.

Rudolf Steiner says something very interesting: That if we could see a child's brain at birth, it would reflect the pattern of the stars in the sky at that moment. The two patterns would be precisely the same. He says that we are dependent upon the entire Cosmos as well as the earth (the body takes in nourishment from the earth) for our existence. It really does seem that there are more questions than answers for astrologers.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Therese Hamilton wrote:. It really does seem that there are more questions than answers for astrologers.
i think that is true regarding what steiner has to say as well.. hard to know what exactly he meant and whether he was using words specifically or figuratively... bottom line is this - too many subjective elements go into people's choice of words, especially astronomical or astrological words from those who don't spend a life studying astrology.. no offense to steiner.. he had a lot of great ideas and seemed to have some special insight into life, but parsing his words here for a definitive answer on ongoing philosophical type astro questions would seem to lead to a dead end..