Mars doing what dear auld Mars does so well ?

Hi Folks,

I'm sure you've noticed the turbulent start to the year. I use Mundane and follow World Events marrying the events to the Stars.

I wonder if anybody has noticed that Mars in Scorpio is and has been following the mid point between Jupiter and Venus ?

Then you get into the question, a bit like Saturn goading on Pluto and Uranus in their square, how does that energy hitting the midpoint affect Mars ?

I think it gives him loads of energy but as he is a malefic he can only use it to cause trouble.

Interesting ?

H

Hi Rocko,

I dont use midpoints myself but maybe James will have some comments for you as he works a lot with them.

Mars is very strong just now. Its not only in its own sign but in its own bound up to 7 Scorpio. But I suspect Mars in Scorpio will be more troublesome from when it enters the bound of Saturn at 24 Scorpio.

Before that though Mars does conjunct the malefic fixed stars Zuben Elgenubi (15 Scorpio) and Unukalhai (Alpha Serpens), in the constellation of the Serpent at 22 Scorpio. Both stars are of the nature of Mars and Saturn according to Ptolemy. That might be worth watching.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi rocko and mark,

here is my quick philosophy on midpoints... i use midpoints when looking at personal charts.. i like examining the sun/moon and ascendant/midheaven midpoints in particular.. when it comes to mundane/world affairs - i mostly ignore all of the midpoint pictures except the outer planet midpoints - saturn/pluto, saturn/neptune and ones like that... i skip anything to do with any inner planet as part of a combo like jupiter/venus = mars or something like that.. it is too much surface noise that passes by too quickly.. even the saturn/neptune =venus right now - i don't bother! but that is me..

i do note the mars square to the stationary mercury at 0/2 fixed the past day or two, but i don't bother noting it is at the jupiter/venus midpoint.. too much info that i don't find any use for!

i was thinking about the jupiter/saturn at 0 aq in 2020 and how that is at the midpoint of my sun/moon combo and wondering what it implied!

i think a person has to be careful using midpoints as you get too much info and have to figure out a way to prioritize what is worth retaining... this is why i find the slow moving planets are more interesting as a midpoint might sit in a particular spot for an extended period of time and be more significant... but not any jupiter/venus and besides ju/ve is mostly positive fluff and i am more interested in tough challenging energy and how it gets worked out!!! have i said enough to make an idiot of myself? apparently i don't care!

i agree with mark that mars at the beginning of scorpio is strong energy on its own..

i can be accused of missing a lot!

Thanks. In my life several mid points are real trigger points for me. I advise people to check them out especially squares, oppositions etc.

As a Sag I have Jupiter combust and my God with that mid point you don't need to go to fireworks displays !!!

As to Mars just now. It is unusual that Venus is moving in such a way that Mars is nearly at a mid point for 3 weeks. Also it is a 45?.

I do a lot on the Mundane and just try to see if anything contrary is lurking. ie you'd expect Jupiter and Venus to add value but maybe they are just encouraging Mars.

Will we ever know ?

H