bill cosby

happy new year to everyone at skyscript!

thanks for your latest post in the mundane forum mark.. i was looking at peter s's post about a day before you posted that.. it is a good collection of relevant data.

here are adb's charts and info for bill cosby..
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cosby%2C_Bill

i have had the chart for 12:30am for some time, but there is a question over this raised in 2014 which i don't recall previously! one can see in the notes it is now a confused muddle absent the availability of birth records for astrologers that could easily be provided by gov'ts if astrology was taken more seriously..

regardless of which birth time one uses, the profection lord for this solar year beginning july 2015 is in opposition to the rising sign in the place of the 7th house.. from my reading on profections, the year when the profection ascendant lands in the 7th house can be a difficult one more often then not. the 1230am time will give a libra ascendant in the profection chart with an aries rising in the natal.. the 3pm time will give taurus ascendant in the profection and scorpio ascendant in the natal.

the solar arc data for both charts puts emphasis on the saturn/mars 135.. the 1230am chart also includes the sa ascendant in the config.. on the other hand, sa saturn is close to natal moon in the 3pm chart which also makes sense for what he is probably going thru with various women coming forth and accusing him of sexual misconduct.

the solar return charts offer more info.. for the 1230am chart i note the sr midheaven conjunct natal mars in the 8th, sr uranus conjunction the ascendant at 20 aries and sr ascendant in exact opposition to natal pluto at 28 cancer. in the sr chart for the 3pm, there are not the contacts that show up in the 1230am chart.. in both charts the sr nodal axis lands on natal saturn.. there is also a mars-pluto opposition in either solar return for 2015.. this represents an element of brutality and obsessiveness as i understand it.. physical exertion and pronounced conflict as a result of ones actions meeting strong resistance are all possible with this opp in the solar return chart. i suppose the natal trine between the two planets will offset this more favourably..

that is how i tend to read data - lean on the natal chart - for a better understanding of how planets in the predictive charts will play out.. as far as the nodal axis is concerned natally - it is involved with venus by opposition and neptune by square.. venus and neptune can't be considered square in the natal chart, but they are brought more together via the nodal axis natally..

i think of comedians astrologically as having something to do with saturn.. not sure why or where i come with this info, but in the 1230am chart - saturn is rising in the 12th at 5 aries, while ascendant is at 20.. perhaps a close contact of uranus to an angle - the descendant in the 3pm chart - is a better fit?

i think the last time i looked at bill cosbys chart the data off adb was rated AA!~ oh well...a small exercise in comparison of these charts doesn't provide a definitive answer, but i continue to like the 1230am time for him.. thoughts anyone?

Bill Cosby's Mars is 21 degrees Scorpio, and makes a natal 45 degree semisquare, or sesquiquadrate, to his Saturn at 5 degrees Aries, as well as other natal aspects.

In 1985, transiting IsisTranspluto reached 20 degrees Leo 43 minutes on 26th November 1985, then went retrograde. IsisTranspluto had reached 20 degrees Leo, i.e. within 1 degree square to his natal Mars, in October 1984. It didn't completely clear 1 degree separating from this square, at 22 degrees Leo, until 1992.

IsisTranspluto moves very slowly and is a very powerful transiting outer planet. When it makes a conjunction, square or opposition to a natal personal planet like Mars or Venus, there is usually an obvious effect.

His Mars being natally sesquiquadrate to his Saturn makes him a bit controlling?

In my observations, comedy is an extremely Scorpio and Mars thing. It is about testosterone and aggression, though women with strong Scorpio and Mars are just as good at it (e.g. Debbie Barham).
Last edited by fleur on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks fleur...

a few things i neglected to mention - the transit of saturn in opposition to cosby's natal venus. this is ongoing for the year... i tend to view saturn transits as the most important transit to watch.. whether one uses either chart - an 8th house, or 2nd/3rd house venus which rules either the 1st/6th, or 2nd/7th is where the saturn angst is focused on.. also - the mars-pluto combo - the opposition showing up in the solar return chart - does go back to the theme of rape as i understand it. these women are claiming this is what happened.. there are a few too many of them for it to appear like it is all made up.. but i am not a court of law, lol.. these are just my subjective impressions..

probably a good astro lesson would be to pick an important event in cosbys life and back test it with the couple of charts we now have for him.

regarding the question of his sexual impropriety, it seems many allegations came out in the fall of 2014.. this would coincide with the transit of saturn to cosbys natal mars, and mars in opposition to his natal sun. i will try to find an event that seems worth while to explore deeper and comment on it astrologically, later..

His natal Jupiter is 22 degrees Capricorn 44 minutes, so its antiscion is 7 degrees Sagittarius 16 minutes. Transiting Neptune in Pisces has been squaring this Jupiter's antiscion since 2014.

I noticed that things like trouble with the law are usually about transits and Solar Arcs to either Jupiter or Saturn, with an outer planet involved.

Not sure what happens when Jupiter gets a bad transit at the same time as Saturn gets a good transit.

the way i see it, there are too many factors to take into consideration, so i get rid of some/many.. antiscion and antiscia is one that i don't use.. too much info!

but fwiw - 22 cap to 7 sag is a 45... thus - jupiter is being semisquared by neptune since 2014 if i was to entertain this pattern..

i also see the nodal axis transit which defines the eclipse focus as important. this is a new thing for me relatively speaking. i have always been generally mystified at how to incorporate info gotten off eclipse charts.. some are much more important then others - thus the place of the transiting nodal axis will clue us into an area of a chart that is more under focus and up for scrutiny with the eclipse data.. in cosby's chart this would be saturn at 5 aries while nodal axis and eclipse charts where hitting on this point the past year..

one can see how the eclipse charts for 2015 really connect with cosbys saturn at 5 aries... full moon on approx sept 27th 2015 and also the one in the spring strongly impact this part of his chart..

for me doing astrology is learning how to let go of the myriad considerations and trying to figure out what is the most important or central to consider... obviously we all do this differently.. jupiter is less important transit wise then saturn.. obviously one can consider all planets, but how does one consider what is more significant? i think that is generally always saturn!~

in cosbys chart i note jupiter in opposition to his sun/mercury conjunction - thus retro and also in the sign capricorn - not a great position in terms of planetary strength.. if anything, i would say jupiter doesn't really work too well in helping him out in terms of luck, but maybe he has been more lucky and fortuitous that i appreciate! saturn is stationary about to go direct which is more significant and suggestive of it's strength.. it is handicapped by being in aries, but in terms of planetary strength it is more potent as i understand it... i would generally look closely when these planets are highlighted via solar arc directions for a better understanding of how they impact his chart... a trad astrology would look at the primary directions and the connection to the rulers of the bounds for more of the same.. i have noticed how solar arc data sometimes coincides with pd data..

another way to consider the planets relevance is via the profection lord for the year and how it is situated in both the natal chart and the solar return chart.. now if you don't have an actual birth time, or it is confused by more then one birth time - this is much harder to impossible to do...

looking casually at the charts for the moment of his marriage in 1964 seems to support the 3pm birth time for cosby more.. not a definitive study yet by a long shot.. i see there is a chart for his son who was murdered at a young age.. that is so sad for this family.. life deals us all a very different hand.. i also note camille - his wife's comments on the wikipedia page, but no chart for her... "Despite the recent flood of accusations claiming her husband has been committing crimes of a sexual nature for decades, with some claims even going back as far as the 1960s, Camille has been a staunch defender of her husband. She admits that he is a philanderer and cheater, but not a rapist." i guess that is a matter of perspective.. the day chart for her - march 20 1944 washington dc is worth looking at... mars/saturn conjunction in gemini square sun at the end of pisces or beginning of aries and more..

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cosby,_Ennis

additional comment - i get more support for the 3pm chart off the chart for his son ennis here..

Each to their own, but I don't see antiscia as extra factors so much as half of all the important aspects. I don't like "extra factors", such as Eris and asteroids, but see antiscia and a few other bits as absolutely vital and very difficult to read a chart without them.