Will we get married? Is he faithful?

Hello Forum,

I'd like help with interpreting this horary chart. It does describe my relationship as I'm 12 years older then my boyfriend and its been long-distance though I see him for 1 week every month for the past 11 months. He is from another country though lives here and got in through a student visa that has expired. Initially I had reservations if he's using me for a green card and/or $$. Yet at the same time he's cooled off when it comes to marriage but talks about moving in with me and talks about a future. I also found him speaking to another girl from his country online and confronted him but he says nothing is going on with anyone. This may be true as both Sun and his significator Mercury is in my 1st house and its the faster moving of the 2 significators but gets intercepted before it trines my significator. Also Jupiter is approaching conjunction with the N. Node. I'm not sure that Nodes mean much in Horary or not.

What I notice is that our significators, Jupiter for me and Mercury for him, are in a far approaching trine of 8*. However, my significator is in its detriment along with Venus and Mars. Venus and Mars are in mutual reception however. And that trine gets intercepted by Venus, Mars, Uranus and Pluto before it applies. I think I'm assessing that right. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Venus is in an approaching sextile with both significators which is positive, but Venus is in its detriment so not sure how to interpret that.

Can someone tell me if his Mercury is peregrine? It's in a term of Capricorn and an angular house. My Jupiter is also in a term of Virgo but in its detriment and cadent.

My concerns are this and this is really where I need the most help in interpreting this correctly. The Moon is applying to a conjunction with retro Uranus in the 4th house which leads me to believe I'm moving too fast to move in with him perhaps? Plus, Moon/Uranus are in Aries and its ruler Mars in the 10th opposes Uranus by separation and applies to a square with his significator. My biggest concern is those applying squares the Moon has to his significator and Pluto as well as the interception of planets between significators.

So to sum up, I need more clarity on whether I can move forward confidently with him into a marriage. Also to make sure he's not being unfaithful or deceiving me in some way and that he is actually in genuine love with me. Part of this is my gut feeling he is not sure as well and also past experiences have made me cautious when it comes to my heart. Overall I get mixed messages and am confused, but when I've tried to push him away, which I just did 2 nights ago, he fights for the relationship. He's not as passionate as when I first met him though he is consistent showing up in general and keeping in touch with me. I truly do love him, so would like to overcome these feelings if I'm being too paranoid lol
Any light you can help shed on bringing clarity to this interpretation would be most helpful. Blessings :)
[/img]

I doubt you'll get married for a very obvious reason - Mercury is applying to Jupiter, but is coming from the sign of its fall, which is a clear case of not-reception i.e. rejection - for some reason, you will turn him down even though he approaches you by trine and gives Jupiter reception by domicile/exaltation. The culprit may be Saturn, i.e. the house it rules because at the same time it disposes Mercury - the second sign/house of movable wealth. You may "realize" he wants your money/material support and not much else. Overall, being symbolized by Mercury in Capricorn he lacks the the required persistence, as cardinal signs are rash, changeable, unstable and Mercury himself is pretty volatile.
According to the Egyptian set of bounds I'm using, Mercury is peregrine.
But apart from all this, Venus interposes herself between Mercury and Jupiter, as she's going to join Jupiter first! As the two are only three degrees apart, there's some other woman he's connected with, though they'll never really form a relationship because Mercury will slow down before they perfect the current sextile.

Hope I'm wrong on this.

Regards,
Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response. As Im learning, Im confused a little with the concept of where a sign is "coming from". Though peregrine, isn't Mercury far enough into Cap, especially ruling a term of Cap that having come from Sag shouldn't factor in?

As for another woman, I saw correspondence he's had with a girl from his own country on his fb email. They've been talking long before he met me. I had to translate what he was writing, but she sent him a normal picture and he asked her why she's not naked. She answered bc she had to go out soon. I confronted him and he said do you want to go through my mail and I'll show you. But I've already seen it and have no clue why he'd be seeing me for this long if he's not interested. But it does bother me. So I'm not entirely sure the truth. In my gut I feel he just wants to feel needed so flirts but doesn't go past that.

Also the Moon's 1st aspect is an exact trine to Saturn but the last aspect if we don't count the MC is a conjunction to Uranus. I'm trying to understand if this means an impulsive break or impulsive action as its in Aries.

I think you meant Venus joins Mercury first. How do you figure out if a planet slows down before the aspect is made?

So the fact his significator is in my 1st house and makes a harmonious aspect to my significator means nothing can come of it? Both Moon and Mercury are in angular houses. I thought Cardinal signs simply affect the timing it takes for the situation to come to conclusion, no? Also as Venus is connecting to both our significators wouldn't this indicate a harmonious relationship or no, Venus is clearly another person?

I can't see infidelity in the chart from what I know, but I'm still learning so not sure of everything to look for. If I decide it won't work obviously Id rather it be because we aren't a fit vs him lying. But also to know if this is even possible or more of a living situation with no marriage bc of the Moon in the 4th.

Lionheart wrote:Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response. As Im learning, Im confused a little with the concept of where a sign is "coming from". Though peregrine, isn't Mercury far enough into Cap, especially ruling a term of Cap that having come from Sag shouldn't factor in?

No, because Mercury has already left its term.

As for another woman, I saw correspondence he's had with a girl from his own country on his fb email. They've been talking long before he met me. I had to translate what he was writing, but she sent him a normal picture and he asked her why she's not naked. She answered bc she had to go out soon. I confronted him and he said do you want to go through my mail and I'll show you. But I've already seen it and have no clue why he'd be seeing me for this long if he's not interested. But it does bother me. So I'm not entirely sure the truth. In my gut I feel he just wants to feel needed so flirts but doesn't go past that.

Also the Moon's 1st aspect is an exact trine to Saturn but the last aspect if we don't count the MC is a conjunction to Uranus. I'm trying to understand if this means an impulsive break or impulsive action as its in Aries.

I'm not using the outers, and I advise you to do the same - you'll get much clearer pictures that way and avoid unnecessary confusion and mistakes.

I think you meant Venus joins Mercury first. How do you figure out if a planet slows down before the aspect is made?

You have to check the ephemeris to see what is really going on and who joins whom first, etc.

So the fact his significator is in my 1st house and makes a harmonious aspect to my significator means nothing can come of it? Both Moon and Mercury are in angular houses. I thought Cardinal signs simply affect the timing it takes for the situation to come to conclusion, no? Also as Venus is connecting to both our significators wouldn't this indicate a harmonious relationship or no, Venus is clearly another person?

Harmonious aspects do not override the the lack of reception which, in itself, designates acceptance, willingness, even love. Aspects give an opportunity, they represent the meeting between the two planets, but if there's no reception or even, as in this case, one planet rejects the other... then it's very doubtful the matter is going to come to desired conclusion. If it weren't for the position of Mercury in the sign of Jupiter's fall, then I'd judge differently. Jupiter (or any other planet for that matter) simply won't accept anything coming to him from the sign of its detriment/fall because it "hurts" him. Yes, cardinal signs are generally quick when it comes to timing but at the same time, they show changeability/instability as well and are generally not good when it comes to questions dealing with commitment and perseverance. Venus is in her own detriment, so lacks the required quality and becomes an accidental malefic, especially because she also rules the 6th house/sign and is in the 12th sign of Scorpio. As she's neither your nor his significator, she clearly represents someone/something else that gets in the way.

I can't see infidelity in the chart from what I know, but I'm still learning so not sure of everything to look for. If I decide it won't work obviously Id rather it be because we aren't a fit vs him lying. But also to know if this is even possible or more of a living situation with no marriage bc of the Moon in the 4th.
Reagrds,
Goran

Some things that have not been pointed out are the part of marriage (Asc+Des-Venus) resides at 15dg28 Cancer, which means the Moon has to do with marriage. His significator, being Mercury, is in the sign of the Moon's detriment, so he is not very keen on the marriage. Mercury also squares the Moon and opposes the part. The fact that the Moon moves to trine Saturn (she being in the sign of his fall) to me signifies that marriage will create suffering or regret or severe limitations (perhaps concerning money as Saturn is L2?). Venus' condition is also not great and she is in the 12th sign, and this adds to what was already said.

The story the chart tells, with regard to reception, is that your main significator, Jupiter, is in the exaltation of Mercury, so you exalt this person and it has weakened your ability to act and even see clearly. John Frawley says that exaltation is not built to last in horary charts concerning love/relationship. His (the quesited) co-significator is the Sun, representing his passions, and it is in the sign of Jupiter, so he is perhaps very sexually attracted to you. Mercury is in the sign of Jupiter's fall, and so on some level he loathes you, or, if that is really not the case, he cannot be very good for you due to the reception. I believe that he is interested in your money (Capricorn is the 2nd sign from Asc) or the security you may afford (either through marriage or relationship in general), and there is a good chance he is keeping something from you as Mercury is in the exaltation of Mars, who is lord of the 12th. Though I rarely use the outer planets in horary, the fact that he conjoins Pluto just adds more testimony to the idea that there may be a hidden agenda etc.

The part of fortune is at 4dgrs02 Virgo and to me this shows that he has power, at this time, over your happiness, so that figures very much into your decision making because you have given him that power.

I would say that it is probably not a very good idea to continue this relationship. Even without looking at the chart, based on what you said (the details you gave) this does not sound like something that will bring you health, happiness, and wholeness. Hope that helps.

Hi Lionheart,

I agree in general with Goran and Lazarus. And here are some extra thoughts on your chart.

Jupiter signifies you as a person. Venus is you as a woman and all that that entails both physically and psychologically. The Moon is your emotions.

He is Mercury. And the Sun signifies him as a man and all that that entails both physically and psychologically.

In order to get a complete picture of the situation we have to assess the dignities of and receptions among all significators. Only that can clarify the why and how one experiences contradictory fellings an attitudes which are so common in relationships.

You said you love him. This is clearly shown by Jupiter being in Mercury?s sign and exaltation. However Jupiter is in its detriment in the sign other than the sign of the 7th cusp; this shows that you love him more because you are not in a good personal state yourself rather that loving him for what he is. And the exaltation eventually fades.

Venus being in its detriment also shows you are not feeling the best yourself, of feeling fulfilled, as a woman.

The Moon is peregrine and thus at the mercy of external forces but specially the Sun, which the Moon exalts, which also fades. Emotionally you hold him as a man in high regard. So we have two of your significators interested in him.

Mercury, on the other hand, as already mentioned above, is in Jupiter?s fall, so not really interested in you as a person, and is holding some feeling of disappointment in you.

The Sun however, is in Jupiter?s sign showing he is interested in you as a person. So he, in fact, has contradictory feelings towards you. The Sun is at the end of Sagittarius; once it enters Capricorn it will (like Mercury) be no longer interested in Jupiter and will be in Jupiter?s fall and in the Moon's detriment. This is a major change of attitude. When that happens there will be no interest from him towards you, quite the opposite. This is an upcoming change and you will likely see it happen.

Mercury conjunct Pluto is significant in terms of describing his state, since Pluto is a general malefic influence which often shows people being upset or afflicted. So he is not is a good place himself. And both Mercury and Pluto are right on the ascendant by antiscion: whatever this affliction to Mercury is, in turn, afflicts and upsets you.

Jupiter will not perfectly conjoin the North Node but the proximity will, in time, give Jupiter power to act should it want to.

If, as Lazarus mentioned, the Moon is the dispositor of the part of marriage, we have further clarification of the situation. Specially: the Moon and Venus being in negative mutual reception. This shows that you (as a woman) and the relationship are unsuitable to one another. So it will not make you happy and Venus in turn will not uplift the relationship; quite the opposite.

Notice that Mercury as well as Jupiter are in the Moon?s triplicity (night chart) showing that both have an interest in the relationship itself. So, there is a part of both you and him who want to be in the relationship regardless how of you feel about one another. The Moon being conjunct Jupiter by antiscion emphasizes that this relationship and your emotions are a big issue for you right now. But Mercury being in the Moon?s detriment overrides any interest Mercury may have in the relationship. He does not want it. Above all this reception does not show good vibes towards your emotions at all. Beware. That Moon-Mercury square will not be emotionally pleasant, should it happen.

Saturn is certainly a player in the story, but it is harder to pinpoint its role so anything said about it must be taken with a grain of salt.

Mercury is in Saturn?s sign and Saturn is in a close trine with the Moon; the Moon being in Saturn?s fall. This is a reasonable candidate for the other person he is in contact with which upsets you. We could also see Saturn connected with your second house; money or your resources in general, perhaps. Notice that Saturn sits inside your second cusp by antiscion, bringing attention to that house.

I do not see any of his significators in conjunction with another planet so I do not judge physical infidelity.

The general picture I get is you liking him but him eventually not liking you in the near future. You will have to asses if this is what you want for a relationship or marriage.

Overall, I think that the receptions and the Sun?s change of sign tell enough about where this is going so that you may make any decisions.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Wow Felipe thanks for that added insight. The Sun changing signs very soon, moving into Jupiter's Fall/Moon's Detriment is super significant! It reminds me to look for that type of thing in the future.

I thank you all for the interpretation. There are some things said that ring true and others not so much.

I know I'm still learning but thought I knew more then I do. Can anyone recommend some good books or material on how to get better at interpreting horary?

I have tried to break up with him twice in the past 2 months and HE is the one who is fighting for the relationship. He almost started crying, had tears well up in his eyes the first time I simply suggested he doesn't have time for the relationship as he works 6 days a week and I didn't want him to resent it as an obligation to spend time with me when I wanted to see him. He is also the one that puts up pictures of us on Facebook and it's always his idea. I do agree that perhaps I'm the one more interested in him overall ironically, however he is the one taking more action in regards to publicizing and keeping the relationship. In this way, I'm not sure whether I should ask the question again in 3 months because I feel half of what has been written is accurate and the other half doesn't feel correct. Obviously, I cannot say whether he will lose interest in time, as that hasn't happened.

As for me being in a bad place, this I also cannot agree with. The only bad place I am in currently is trying to find a new career which weighs on me. Other then that, I feel alright. He isn't in the best place. He is trying to figure out what he wants, become a citizen and create a better life for himself. This is where I believe I bring him security as was written and I'm sure my $$ does help. I've let him know in no uncertain terms he has to carry his own financially if he wants to be with me though. I've been very clear with him on this bc there are times when I've felt he was "fishing" for me to give him just a little more $$ for what he's needed. I never did. I only give it when I want to give it.

I do love him and I do believe he cares for me. In my 1st 2 posts I put emphasis on what I found writing to another and not telling you more of the good things bc it's a factor when one considers something as serious as marriage. And I don't want to get married for marriage sake. Though I noticed 1 day ago the same girl he was writing to liked the pictures he put up of him and I so perhaps I am overreacting? Before he met me, he has had offers from 4 other friends who are girls but no intimate attachment to get married for citizenship and help him and he hasn't done it bc he says he wants to do it for the right reasons, yet he is in trouble as he's overstayed his visa. So you can see where he isn't in a good place timing wise. Honestly, I never would have thought of marriage until later on with him had he not brought it up 3 months into dating. He put it on the table to begin with and now seems to have shied away from it a bit, yet still talks about living with me and going to visit his country with me in the future which seems weird if he's losing interest in me. He's introduced me to his parents on video Skype and I've spoken with them several times over the months. This was all his idea. So you can see where this would leave me very confused.

Since I do love him I am going to see where this goes over the next few months without pushing for anything just having fun and seeing where it goes. Whenever I assume he couldn't care, he comes back and surprises me by letting me know he is there and he's told me outright he wants me to feel safe with him. Perhaps his life timing is simply off which is something I have to keep in mind. We've never argued in almost a year, only had 2 disagreements, we never yell at each other or raise our voice, we don't call each other names, we do sweet things for each other all the time. Overall, I feel like I'm more engaged emotionally then him though, so perhaps that's what was being written. When I tell him I'm sad, he will tell me he doesn't like to hear that and he wants me happy. When I confronted him about the girl and cried, he said he didn't want to make me cry. He doesn't seem totally ambivalent to my emotions, at least not currently though I will keep in mind what was written and suggested.

I hope this clarifies the interpretation and I do think it's wise for me to ask the question again in 3 months time.

I have tried to break up with him twice in the past 2 months and HE is the one who is fighting for the relationship. He almost started crying, had tears well up in his eyes the first time I simply suggested he doesn't have time for the relationship as he works 6 days a week and I didn't want him to resent it as an obligation to spend time with me when I wanted to see him. He is also the one that puts up pictures of us on Facebook and it's always his idea. I do agree that perhaps I'm the one more interested in him overall ironically, however he is the one taking more action in regards to publicizing and keeping the relationship.
No wonder, that's exactly in accordance with his significator a) applying to yours and b) giving Jupiter reception!
The applying/lighter planet denotes the one who is more active, who's "approaching" and striving for something/someone.
The reception given by Mercury to Jupiter only confirms that. On the other hand, the placement in his major dignities also means you're in his "power"- he can influence you the way he wants.

Regards,
Goran

Hi Lionheart,

Here are some further comments:

Lionheart wrote:I have tried to break up with him twice in the past 2 months and HE is the one who is fighting for the relationship.
The next step is to understand why he is doing what he is doing. The chart shows that he has conflicting feelings towards you and the relationship. What people do and what people feel can often be two different things. The chart shows Mercury is under the power "or loves" two things: Saturn and Mars. From what you are saying Saturn is quite clearly your money/resources. So those two things are the main driving factors for him in your relationship with him, plus the fact that the Sun is presently in fact interested in Jupiter. Those summarize his motivations to do whatever he is doing to keep the relationship going.

Lionheart wrote:As for me being in a bad place, this I also cannot agree with.

Ok. Let's try to rephrase this. You are shown by a planet in its detriment. It tells us that there is a weakness in your part as regards the context. It will be helpful to you personally as well as a horary astrology student to attempt to understand how that weakness is manifesting. That is not an abstraction. That is usually the very reson we ask horary questions: because we lack clarity or wisdom in a situation. So, there may be something in your attitude or state that makes you vulnerable/weak welcoming a somewhat conflicting/unclear situation in an intimate relationship.

Lionheart wrote:He isn't in the best place. He is trying to figure out what he wants, become a citizen and create a better life for himself.

Yes, both of his significators are peregrine which describes his lack of stability or clear direction. Pluto describes how he is feeling about it. He is likely quite upset.

Lionheart wrote:This is where I believe I bring him security as was written and I'm sure my $$ does help. I've let him know in no uncertain terms he has to carry his own financially if he wants to be with me though. I've been very clear with him on this bc there are times when I've felt he was "fishing" for me to give him just a little more $$ for what he's needed. I never did. I only give it when I want to give it.

Yes, Mercury is in Saturn (your L2) sign. And, I want to add here that I had not cast the chart myself before and now I have done so and I see that Mercury is exactly on the 2nd cusp using Reggiomontanus. This is a major indication of house 2 interest from Mercury's part. What you write seems to corroborate the chart and thus confirms to me that a significant part of his motivation to be with you is your L2, along with the Sun's interest.

Lionheart wrote:I do love him and I do believe he cares for me.
Any care he has for you is shown by the Sun in Saggitarius. That is coming to an end, I think, so watch out. He also cares for Saturn; and the Sun is soon joining Mercury in that respect.

Lionheart wrote:In my 1st 2 posts I put emphasis on what I found writing to another and not telling you more of the good things bc it's a factor when one considers something as serious as marriage. And I don't want to get married for marriage sake. Though I noticed 1 day ago the same girl he was writing to liked the pictures he put up of him and I so perhaps I am overreacting?

Quite possibly an overreaction - justifiably. Again, such overreaction would stem from a "personal" weakness as such indicated by a peregrine Moon and Jupiter in detriment. But mainly, I do not think this other girl is the main issue; his motivation and your vulnerability are the main issues that you have to sort out so that you come out wiser out of this situation.

Lionheart wrote:Before he met me, he has had offers from 4 other friends who are girls but no intimate attachment to get married for citizenship and help him and he hasn't done it bc he says he wants to do it for the right reasons, yet he is in trouble as he's overstayed his visa. So you can see where he isn't in a good place timing wise. Honestly, I never would have thought of marriage until later on with him had he not brought it up 3 months into dating. He put it on the table to begin with and now seems to have shied away from it a bit, yet still talks about living with me and going to visit his country with me in the future which seems weird if he's losing interest in me. He's introduced me to his parents on video Skype and I've spoken with them several times over the months. This was all his idea. So you can see where this would leave me very confused.
I speak personally now, not as an astrologer: I see nothing wrong with marrying for a green card or money, as long as there is love/care for one another as well, otherwise things become difficult and unhappy for both.

Lionheart wrote:Overall, I feel like I'm more engaged emotionally then him though, so perhaps that's what was being written.

The chart shows that you are emotionally engaged with the Sun, mainly: "you have a man in your life." On his side, Mercury is in the Moon's detriment.
Lionheart wrote:When I tell him I'm sad, he will tell me he doesn't like to hear that and he wants me happy. When I confronted him about the girl and cried, he said he didn't want to make me cry.

Indeed: Mercury is in the Moon's detriment. Translation: he does not like your emotions. This is literal. And typical. Being rather familiar with a man's psychology as appplied to intimate relationships I dare say that he "wants you to be happy", in this particular case, because your sadness upsets him. Like most men he has difficulties dealing with another person's emotions, specially a woman's. Add that to the complexity of the situation and Mercury disliking the Moon is a rather apt symbol for what may be happening.

Lionheart wrote:I hope this clarifies the interpretation and I do think it's wise for me to ask the question again in 3 months time.
In my opinion this chart gives you all the information you will need to navigate this situation including what is about to come with the Sun change of signs. What is required is a clear view of the chart, the context and some patience and observation to see things unfolding. But if you want to ask in 3 months the new chart will likely shed further light and/or confirm what this one says.
Lionheart wrote:I know I'm still learning but thought I knew more then I do. Can anyone recommend some good books or material on how to get better at interpreting horary?
As a wise man once said: there is more than one way to skin a cat in astrology. The way I have done so is using and refining the techniques explained by John Frawley in The Horary Textbook.
--
Felipe Oliveira

The next step is to understand why he is doing what he is doing. The chart shows that he has conflicting feelings towards you and the relationship. What people do and what people feel can often be two different things. The chart shows Mercury is under the power "or loves" two things: Saturn and Mars. From what you are saying Saturn is quite clearly your money/resources. So those two things are the main driving factors for him in your relationship with him, plus the fact that the Sun is presently in fact interested in Jupiter. Those summarize his motivations to do whatever he is doing to keep the relationship going.
He's had plenty of time to decide what he's feeling and what he's doing. I do realize people can change, circumstances change etc. It just seems awfully strange to continue something that you don't really want especially since it's been almost a year. Granted I only see him once a month for 1 week at a time so maybe out of sight out of mind.But especially when I've given him plenty of outs to leave the situation easily. So it causes me to ask why would he be holding on so much? He's not getting any $$ from me other then when I see him, I take us out to eat and usually I always pay since he can't afford it and I need to eat when I'm there. He has a roommate and his kitchen isn't the greatest or I'd cook. I don't pay his rent or buy him clothes, I usually have only bought us food only. He is asking to live with me, which after reading the answers on this thread, I'm going to back out of without marriage.
So, there may be something in your attitude or state that makes you vulnerable/weak welcoming a somewhat conflicting/unclear situation in an intimate relationship.
When I met him I wasn't looking for a relationship and had been out of the worst relationship of my life for about 1 1/2 years. He also wasn't looking for a relationship. I promised myself the next relationship I got into after the last one I had would be healthy. Since I've fallen for him, I suppose this is my vulnerability because I hate thinking I have to go back out there and go through all this crap again only to maybe find out someone isn't genuine.
Any care he has for you is shown by the Sun in Saggitarius. That is coming to an end, I think, so watch out.
So are you suggesting he has been faking interest this whole time? I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would play someone for so long if they really do not care whatsoever for the situation. It seems a long time to hold onto someone just to get what you want out of it when you would have to put up with my wrath in the end if you're faking it and playing me lol.
The chart shows that you are emotionally engaged with the Sun, mainly: "you have a man in your life." On his side, Mercury is in the Moon's detriment.
Is it nice to have someone in my life? Yes, but I've never ever been a person who has a man just to have a man, so in a way I take offense to that. I'm holding on now because I love him and thought he was as interested. However, I would rather be on my own then be in a sham relationship. If this is what this is and I will get to the bottom of it, I will let it go quickly. I will be disappointed but its so much better to be in my own company then with someone who just wants my resources as you suggest if this is what is truly happening.
In my opinion this chart gives you all the information you will need to navigate this situation including what is about to come with the Sun change of signs. What is required is a clear view of the chart, the context and some patience and observation to see things unfolding.
I'm definitely in observation mode and honestly I don't have too much patience to wait that much longer if he is simply using me. I like his company and I do love him, I do want a long-term/permanent relationship in my life but if this isn't it I'm more then willing to let it go sooner then later. I have noticed him withholding emotion to a certain extent where I sometimes notice I wish he would be more affectionate emotionally with me and I do feel that I'm the more enamored one overall. However, if he does care and I have a talk with him to break off this situation and he expresses to me genuine feelings of love and he hears me out and hears my feelings then I will give it the chance it deserves. Like they say, it's not over till it's over. I do think it's interesting he brought up to me that our 1 year anniversary is coming up next month which he wants to celebrate. Why would he care if he doesn't care? You would think a man who doesn't care about the relationship he's in wouldn't even bother to bring such a thing up on his own. I do appreciate the advice and am being cautious considering. Do not think I'm tossing it aside because it isn't what I want to hear. I'd rather listen and have caution then be blindsided in the long run, so your advice isn't falling on deaf ears.
As a wise man once said: there is more than one way to skin a cat in astrology. The way I have done so is using and refining the techniques explained by John Frawley in The Horary Textbook.
I understand there are different methods of learning but you seem to have a very good grasp of Horary, therefore I was interested in how you learned. Thank you for the reference.

Hi Lionheart,
Lionheart wrote:So are you suggesting he has been faking interest this whole time?
No, not that. The Sun is and has been truly interested in you during its journey through Sagittarius. However, the Sun moving out of Sagittarius likely indicates an upcoming change in that regard. I felt that was an important piece of information to share with you because of your questions. So, see how things unfold and you will conclude if you want to marry or not.

Again, the Sun is only one of his significators. In order to have a complete view of the situation we must take into account Mercury as well. And Mercury is currently in a negative reception towards two of your significators. So we have a very common situation here: a person has contradictory feelings for another person. Also, the Moon signifies you relationship in this chart, as I analyzed before. This by no means signifies that a relationship cannot continue, it can. It can even grow, but there are challenges that must be overcome by both parties so that both parties learn and grow together. Except for Venus all of your significators are either in cardinal or mutable signs; that is favorable for change. But communication and sincerity are needed.

For now he is partly receptive to you (Sun in SAG). Understanding which part that is can be useful in communication. The Sun is in Jupiter's sign. In practical terms, generally speaking, his male psychology is positively attuned to your mind. You have to think about what "male psychology means" and the difference between mind and emotions. For example, the Sun stands for manliness, all the manifestations of male sex drive, security, power, fatherliness, protectiveness, material support, activity. That part of him is interested in/attuned to what you *think* or what you express logically (not what you feel or express emotionally). Mercury, on the other hand is his "mind/thinking process": it does not want to hear about what or how you feel, unfortunately. So, being emotional about the situation makes him shut himself off from you, emotionally. But at the same time, in a healthy relationship he *has* to take into consideration your emotions. So, we have a challenge. (This is one of the most common man-woman psychological relationship patterns.)

you have a man in your life.
I see nothing wrong with being happy that one has a man or a woman in one's life, which your Moon in Aries indicates. It is just one of the piece of your psychological picture in this context, along with how Jupiter feels. I did not say or imply that you have a man "just to have a man" (regardless of any derogatory meaning that may or may not be ascribed to that). And even if that was the case, it is not my business to judge. What I think can be useful is to reveal the various facets of the psyche and consider them side by side.

I'm definitely in observation mode and honestly I don't have too much patience to wait that much longer if he is simply using me.
Again, part of him really likes you: the Sun. Another part of him has other priorities and has disappointments towards you. (That alone may be difficult for him express, so communication can be obstructed for people who are not endowed with straightforwardness or are shy in some way.) That is the challenge of most relationships: we often like one thing but do not like another about the other person. Communication and exposing those feelings can often help resolve differences.

As I mentioned above, one thing that could be construed as favorable about this chart is that Mercury is in a Cardinal sign so this crisis is not fixed. That is: his negative feelings are not deeply ingrained and can fade if circumstances allow. This *can*, at least, allow for some room for communication and mutual exploration.

I do think it's interesting he brought up to me that our 1 year anniversary is coming up next month which he wants to celebrate. Why would he care if he doesn't care? You would think a man who doesn't care about the relationship he's in wouldn't even bother to bring such a thing up on his own.
Again, the receptions show that part of him cares, another part does not. It is not black and white. Also, the Sun, like Jupiter, is mutable and so emotions and thought patters will tend to bounce in different directions, revolve, go back and forth, etc. No emotion or thought pattern is fixed in this chart (except for Venus, which we have not discussed).

I do appreciate the advice and am being cautious considering. Do not think I'm tossing it aside because it isn't what I want to hear. I'd rather listen and have caution then be blindsided in the long run, so your advice isn't falling on deaf ears.
That is a good attitude. There is always room for some error in such chart interpretations and communication so, regardless of what I or anybody else writes here, your own discrimination and intuition should have the final say.

With best wishes.
--
Felipe Oliveira