Paris Terror Attacks

Study of the Lunation (New Moon) chart preceding the terrorist attacks in Paris is instructive. (November 11, 2015, 18:47, Paris.)

The ascendant is Taurus. The syzygy (Sun/Moon conjunction) falls in the 6th house, with the 6th lord, Venus, in the 5th in association with Mars and Rahu. The 5th house rules theaters and sports venues, which the terrorists targeted. Mars lies very close to Rahu with Venus not far away (2? 20?). Venus, lord of the 6th, is in association with Mars, lord of the 12th. Mars is 44? distant from Rahu and, if this were not incendiary enough, Uranus aspects the 5th from the 11th. (I have taken as my mentor J.C. Luthra, author of books such as Practical Mundane Astrology. Sri Luthra works with the outer planets in addition to the traditional nine of Vedic astrology.)

The 5th (theaters, places where people gather for pleasure or entertainment) is linked to the 6th (enemies) because Mercury, lord of the 5th, is in mutual reception with Venus, lord of the 6th.

Jupiter is lord of the 8th and is sextile the syzygy, which I assume speaks of Jupiter?s success as lord of death to cause fatalities by the action of enemies (6th). Jupiter is 6/8 from Uranus and in terms of the inconjunct aspect itself (150?), they are 1? 07? apart. Jupiter is also square the Ascendant (1? 45?) ?? the lord of death touching the ascending degree, the people of France.

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I just noticed your post and wanted to comment that you are quite welcome to make posts like this on the mundane forum. As the Moderator there I am happy to see posts in any house system or zodiac. I would just ask that you refer to your ayanamsha at the beginning of a post. Your also more likely to get a response there.

regards,

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

delaforge (Melissa) wrote:
Study of the Lunation (New Moon) chart preceding the terrorist attacks in Paris is instructive. (November 11, 2015, 18:47, Paris.)
Hi Melissa,

When Mark's reply to you came into my mailbox, I was reminded that I had planned to reply to your post (all the way back in November of 2015!), but I was distracted and never finished my reply. There are only a few members who post on the sidereal part of Skyscript, so I always try to reply to new posts.

Anyway, I was going to post the chart you were discussing, the chart of the New Moon prior to the Paris terrorist attacks. I had never used New Moon charts in this way, but here is the chart for anyone who might like to see the chart you discussed:
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Melissa, it's interesting that you are using the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa, but not the interpretation techniques of the Fagan-Bradley school. Those astrologers place primary emphasis on angular planets, which in the New Moon chart is Jupiter at the nadir and (if we consider aspects) Mercury, Sun and Moon square the MC and trine the zenith point (nonagesimal).

The few astrologers remaining who follow Fagan's type of interpretation have pretty well eliminated houses as such, and often ignore signs as well. Although Fagan himself did consider houses and used signs in interpretation.

Paris Terror Attacks

Therese,

I have almost no experience with New Moon charts, much like yourself. I set the Paris chart "just to see" and then was intrigued by what I found there.
But I am used to reading the Chaitra Shukla Pratipada chart, the chart for the Annual New Moon in Pisces used in Vedic astrology as a "New Year" chart, and I applied the methods for reading the Chaitra Shukla Pratipada chart to the Paris lunation chart.

Melissa

Melissa (delaforge) wrote:
But I am used to reading the Chaitra Shukla Pratipada chart, the chart for the Annual New Moon in Pisces used in Vedic astrology as a "New Year" chart, and I applied the methods for reading the Chaitra Shukla Pratipada chart to the Paris lunation chart.
I read those annual articles for many years in Raman's Astrological Magazine. I don't know if I ever fully understood why that particular chart was used as the Vedic "New Year" except that sidereal Pisces begins around March 15, shortly before the date of the equinox.

How did you decide to use the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa? After testing and research, I found that the varga positions using that ayanamsa didn't work well, so I finally chose the Krishnamurti ayanamsa.

The Fagan-Bradley and Lahiri/Krishnamurti zodiacs are very close to the sidereal zodiac used in Mesopotamia and during the Hellenistic period. Of the three stars noted as beginning zodiac signs in Mesopotamia, two of these stars place Spica at 30 degrees of Virgo (Lahiri zodiac), and one star places Spica at 29 degrees of Virgo (Fagan-Bradley zodiac)

So there's not as much debate about the beginning point of the sidereal zodiac as some would like to believe if we look at the current Lahiri value in comparison to the Mesopotamian and Greek values that have come down to us. The oldest zodiacs were definitely in the Fagan-Bradley and Lahiri/Krishnamurti ball parks: that is, within only one degree of longitude.

Melissa, I only meant to ask you how you decided on the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa, but the remainder of this post more or less typed itself!

Therese

Paris Terror Attacks

Therese,

After experimenting with various Ayanamshas, I opted for Fagan/Bradley because it put my natal Moon/Saturn conjunction in Gemini, which describes me better than if it were in Cancer. It also puts my natal Jupiter in Virgo in the second sign, which again is a better description of my relationship with money than Jupiter in Libra in the third.

I've kept this brief as we're off message discussing this topic here.

Melissa

Paris Terror Attacks

punkajdubey,

Thank you so much for replying.

It seems that neither you nor I nor Therese knows why the Pisces new moon marks a "new year" in Vedic astrology.

All I can add is that, testing this chart throughout the period of England's Wars of the Roses, it certainly seems applicable to the state of the subsequent year.

Melissa

Re: Paris Terror Attacks

delaforge wrote:punkajdubey,

Thank you so much for replying.

It seems that neither you nor I nor Therese knows why the Pisces new moon marks a "new year" in Vedic astrology.

All I can add is that, testing this chart throughout the period of England's Wars of the Roses, it certainly seems applicable to the state of the subsequent year.

Melissa
I don't know why it marks the new year but neither do I know why astrology works , if it does :D

However, mundane astrology is a part of the Samhitas and In Brihat Samhita by Varahamihira( translated by N.C.Iyer ) there is a footnote about it in the chapter on the Lord of the year .

?The rule is that the planet in whose weekday the new moon falls in the lunar month of Chaitra is the Regent of the year which then commences?

Both N.C Iyer and Raman were from the South and it seems there was a tradition of treating the Chaitra Shukla pratipada weekday lord as the lord of the year and then they started using that chart as the new year chart.

That should explain Therese's bewilderment (somewhat).
If you are interested in the Samhita part of Hindu astrology- the book with english translation is here:

https://archive.org/details/Brihatsamhita

PD
Last edited by pankajdubey on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.