books - Abraham Ibn Ezra's Astrological Writings

http://www.brill.com/search?search_titl ... arch_bic2=

i have 2 of the 4 books shlomo sela has edited, translated and annotated.. they are excellent books for anyone interested in an important figure in historical astrology.. i am reading volume 4 right now. it touches on many of the topics of interest to those in hellenistic and medieval astrology and if you can afford these books - it is worth the money! i have been tempted to quote from the latest one i am reading now, but i am not supposed to do that without consent from the author/publisher.. so, i am putting in a plug for these books that might be overlooked by some here.

Sela's work is top quality material - such a pity the price tag is out of range for most of us. What I would say about the second one in the list -Elections, Interrogations, and Medical Astrology - is that you can buy chapters for 25 Euros, and many are definitely worth this cost to a serious student. For elections there are three versions of the same text - the first version is the best and fullest; the second and third versions to a large extent simply replicate this content. So the 25 Euros spent on the first version is good value, whereas buying all three for 75 Euros is a luxury many of us can't afford and don't actually need.

thanks deb.. that is informative and i look forward to reading it..

i just found a copy of the 3rd one in this series that you refer to for 143$ canadian.. that is quite cheap relative to the others, so i ordered it. i have copy 2 and 4 already and am presently reading the 4th book in the series.. i managed to find cheaper copies online for all 3 that will soon have.. the only one i don't have now is the first one..