therese,

thanks for pointing that out.. it has been changed..

stefan,

thanks for sharing yours and eshelmans views on mundane sidereal..
here is a link to his website with further links for others interested in reading his views on mundane astrology thru the sidereal glass.. i have yet to read it, but i plan on it..

http://www.solunars.com/link.htm

Thanks James

I am a newbie for this kind of aproach. So this thread is a bit like "learn as I go". Which is maybe not optimal. Then after awhile in the thread I read more about it, and also downloaded the book "Sidereal Mundane astrology" by Eshelman. Which like Therese pointed out i available as a free download.
It's a thick manual of 500 pages.
There is some concepts in there that I have not used before.
For example "west Point", "East Point", "Chart in Mundo" Et.c. I have not grasped these techniques yet. But I suspect that it can have something to do with the Declinations which seems to register quite effectively in these charts.
I think I will probably continue to use these charts later on as a potential useful tool for hinting at developments in specific areas of the earth.

Therese
Due to time limits I have not yet compared the different Ayanamshas for each events. But early on the Fagan-Allen Ayanamsha seemed to hit the angles with more precision. But more research and testing is sure needed.
I Believe Fagan-Allen ayanamsha was adjusted as a result of using charts like this. Doing many charts and compare adjusting continually as they did the research until they had the ayanamsh which seemed to be "IT".
(Correct me if I'm wrong there Therese).

Stefan wrote:
Due to time limits I have not yet compared the different Ayanamshas for each events. But early on the Fagan-Allen Ayanamsha seemed to hit the angles with more precision. But more research and testing is sure needed.
I Believe Fagan-Allen ayanamsha was adjusted as a result of using charts like this. Doing many charts and compare adjusting continually as they did the research until they had the ayanamsh which seemed to be "IT".
(Correct me if I'm wrong there Therese).
Your question is a good one, Stefan, and the answer is somewhat complicated. There are several reasons why astrologers of the Fagan school settled on their S.V.P. (synetic vernal point) ayanamsa. I don?t have time to check all my references, so I?m writing this without noting dates.

Due to the research of academic scholars, Fagan and his followers decided that the Babylonian zodiac placed 15 degrees of Aldebaran and Antares at the exact centers of Taurus and Scorpio. But there have been additional articles and research since this decision in the last century, and this claim really can?t be supported.

There were three distinct stars that were used to mark the beginnings of Babylonian signs. Two of these stars align with the Lahiri/K zodiacs (beta Gemini at 29?28' K and delta Capricorn, Deneb Algedi at 29?47' Cap K to mark the beginning of Aquarius). One star aligns with the S.V.P., zeta Taurus, Altech at 0?02 Gemini. This of course is a precise hit for the S.V.P.

Neither Aldebaran nor Antares is mentioned in the star catalog lists that have so far been translated. (Reference: ?Studies in Babylonian lunar theory: Part III: The introduction of the uniform zodiac?, John P. Britton, 2010.)

Then a great deal of emphasis is placed on the research of Donald Bradley who did statistical research on rainfall way back in (I think it was the 1950s?). Bradley adjusted the ayanamsa by 6 minutes, and this resulted in the S.V.P. tables. But no raw data was ever made public for this research, we can?t examine Bradley?s processes, and in my opinion, it can?t be used as a scientific basis for a zodiac. No scientist today would accept Bradley?s research without replication.

The Fagan school astrologers have taken Bradley?s research (without seeing any of the details) and run with it as the basis for their zodiac. Sidereal astrologers such as Jim Eshleman have calculated numerous mundane charts showing close planetary aspects to angles. There are three possible problems with these charts:

(1) No comparisons have been done with another zodiac.
(2) No comparison has been done on mundane charts for ?non-events? to see if similar critical planets are near the angles.
(3) Several ingress charts are used for each event. Are all of them equally valid?

These are important research questions. Jim Eshleman has the habit in his illustrated charts of showing only the key planets, so these charts don?t show the complete planetary picture. But I haven?t carefully studied these charts, so am not qualified to offer an opinion. This is why comparing ingress charts using different ayanamsas is so interesting.

A problem with the S.V.P. ayanamsa for Jyotish astrologers is that varga charts are not accurate. So we need a lot more study of ingress charts.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Stefan

Have you ever looked into the development of the AIDs crisis. I remember I looked at some charts which tracked its progress and couldn't help but notice some correlations to ingresses of Pluto in sidereal Libra. There were several key developments with things like the naming of the disease and so on, and when I checked I did notice some correlations.

I can't remember more than this off hand now, but thought they could be interesting starting points for someone interested in examining these sidereally. I may be wrong, it was a while ago I looked into this, and I don't have the time at the moment to start looking back at those charts, but perhaps you're already aware of this?
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Massive flood in France, Cote d'azure last weekend.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/04/europ ... -flooding/

20 people dead as today. Retirement house for old people in Antibe
some people dead.

So this is actually at the time of the Jupiter-Neptune
opposition mundanely. Which are related to floods.
Recently transiting Mars have joined in to the party, and is part of the Jupiter Neptune aspect intensifying it.

I wanted to check it. And did a quick check.

Capricorn sidereal ingress for Antibe 2015

UR S.Node --90--MC (0'50' orb).
PL conjunct MC
(Uranus Square is angular which increased the risk of upheaval at this location ?)

Cancer sidereal solar ingress 2015 Antibe

NE is 8 degress from ascendant. = foreground.
SA --90--ASC. (2'30' orb)

Sidereal solar Virgo ingress 2015 18 sep.

ASC. 21' Leo
NE 12'59' AQA
JU 13' Leo

Jupiter and Neptune opposition is in the foreground across the ascendant axis in this chart. Although I would have liked it smack on the ascendant.

Now I decided to check the National chart of France with return charts.
(This chart from astrodienst. Used by Liz Green. I have no idea. I have not used it before.
http://www.astro.com/nat/natfr_e.htm

Lunar return chart French national chart 27 sep 2015

Neptune is in the whole sign 4th house (equal house IC) to the degree squaring the ascendant.
(Some other interesting angularities as well. Ketu on IC.)

S
Last edited by Stefan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Checking the Charlie Hebo terror days 7-9 jan 2015 with the
National French chart.

Show that Progressed MC opposite Pluto.
(natal mars pluto Square.)
So pluto on progressed IC seems fit with terror.

And transiting Neptune opposing prog. Pluto.

This was triggered by transiting Sun 135' sesquisquare to
these placement at the days of shooting.

This chart for France seems to be radical.

(Prog MC with Solar arc in RA method)

Now with the risk of being repetitive.

Cancer sidereal solar ingress 2015 Antibe

NE is 8 degress from ascendant. = foreground.
SA --90--ASC. (2'30' orb)

Sidereal solar Virgo ingress 2015 18 sep.

ASC. 21' Leo
NE 12'59' AQA
JU 13' Leo

Jupiter and Neptune opposition is in the foreground across the ascendant axis in this chart. Although I would have liked it smack on the ascendant.

But
Setting the recent LUNAR ECLIPSE for Antibe:

So it seems that the Jupiter Neptune opposition is in foreground in the Eclipse chart as well. Similar to the cancer ingress and virgo ingress before the event.

So the Eclipse chart is matching the sidereal ingress charts....

This is Turkey national charts Solar return.

Similar angularity there with Pluto right on IC.
And Uranus exactly setting at the DC.

Also the MC of the Solar return is exactly on National chart's Pluto.

S