Mars conjunct Moon's South Node.

On three occasions of stock market crashes, Mars has been conjunct the Moon's South Node. October 1929, October 1987, and September 2001.

Maybe just a coincidence. Mars must be frequently conjunct the Moon's South Node when no stock market crash happens?

Mars aspecting the Moons Nodes also happens for terrorist attacks, and there probably wasn't a stock market crash in July 2005 when Mars was conjunct the Moon's North Node?

The recent Paris terrorist attacks were with Mars conjunct the Moon's North Node.

Not sure what it means. Any thoughts?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/11/1 ... 2N20151115 Probably already factored into the Dow futures?

Saturnhead wrote: What houses did Mars rule in the Paris chart?
If the time of 'just after 21:20 CET' is correct then Mars is exactly on the IC and rules the 5th (places of pleasure) through Scorpio, and Aries is either on the MC, or is intercepted in the 10th, depending on the exact time.

Hi,
This is my first post on your forum.
I am interested in astrology but I am no expert at all!

I didn?t notice a specific fixed star in conjunction with the traditional planets. Mars is important this month particularly because it is the traditional ruler of Scorpio and the luminaries was in conjunction in Scorpio at the beginning of this lunar month.

I read somewhere that the North Node increases the planet with which it is in conjunction, a Malefic or a Benefic, it depends. Mars is a Malefic of course here!

Midheaven wrote:
I read somewhere that the North Node increases the planet with which it is in conjunction, a Malefic or a Benefic, it depends. Mars is a Malefic of course here!
I don't know if the traditional astrologers here consider Venus to be a Benefic, but in my experience it can be more malefic than Mars. Venus is far more likely to be the culprit in a serial killer's chart than his Mars. And Mayan astrology considered Venus anything but benign, but a planet of war.

Though of course in this event chart, Mars does seem to be the culprit.

I am just saying that these traditional astrologers describing planets as benefic or malefic sounds strange to me, I don't see things like that at all.

Obviously Mars is doing something particular in this chart that makes him malefic, maybe the conjunction with the Moon's Node. But Mars is not intrinsically malefic, any more than any other planet. Imo, ymmv.

Fleur wrote:I don't know if the traditional astrologers here consider Venus to be a Benefic, but in my experience it can be more malefic than Mars. Venus is far more likely to be the culprit in a serial killer's chart than his Mars. And Mayan astrology considered Venus anything but benign, but a planet of war.

Though of course in this event chart, Mars does seem to be the culprit.

I am just saying that these traditional astrologers describing planets as benefic or malefic sounds strange to me, I don't see things like that at all.

Obviously Mars is doing something particular in this chart that makes him malefic, maybe the conjunction with the Moon's Node. But Mars is not intrinsically malefic, any more than any other planet. Imo, ymmv.
Well :)
According to traditional astrology I am afraid that Venus is seen as intrinsically Benefic and Mars intrinsically Malefic...

Yes, the tradition is pretty clear and unanimous:

Saturn - greater malefic
Mars - lesser malefic

Jupiter - greater benefic
Venus - lesser benefic

Any planet can be helpful and any planet can become destructive accidentally, but the natural function of the naturally malefic planets is to destroy because - philosophically speaking - life cannot continue only through increase, there must be both increase and decrease, just as there must be both day and night, summer and winter, etc.

Also: "And Mayan astrology considered Venus anything but benign, but a planet of war." I don't think that any civilisation has ever seen Venus as being intrinsically the planet of war. What we have in the tradition is recognition of her phases; that she is more assertive and masculine when oriental, making appearances in the morning, and more compassionate and feminine when occidental, making appearances in the evening.

With regard to the Paris bombings it may be worth considering that as well as its angularity and conjunction with nodes, Mars has just ingressed into a sign of debility. I am thinking of a judgement that Lilly made in the English Civil War period, where he predicted civil disturbance from a Saturn-Jupiter opposition with Saturn in Leo. He referred to an "ancient principle" of astrology, that when Saturn enters Leo and first comes into configuration with another superior planet, trouble arises because Saturn has no right of dominion in Leo. I'm not sure the principle knits completely with this chart, but the gist of it may have some relevance here.

Midheaven and Deb, I will come back and try to answer your points when I have more time, too many points to do quickly. But out of curiosity, you might be interested that two serial killers born a day apart, Ted Bundy and Richard Cottingham, both have Mars conjunct their Moon's South Nodes. http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cottingham,_Richard Venus is also 67.5 degrees to Mars.
Last edited by fleur on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In the Ted Bundy and Richard Cottingham charts Venus is in her detriment. I've always thought that any planet in it's fall or detriment could be considered malign. I suppose everything in the chart should be put into the context of the circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.
Venus is far more likely to be the culprit in a serial killer's chart than his Mars. And Mayan astrology considered Venus anything but benign, but a planet of war.
Interestingly, the Babylonians considered Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility, love, war, and sex "the divine personification of the planet Venus".
Verum e

astrogooner wrote: I suppose everything in the chart should be put into the context of the circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.
If you look at Ted Bundy's chart, http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Bundy,_Ted you can see that his Solar Arc progressed MC/IC is conjunct/opposition his Mars/Moons Nodes, at the age of 27, in 1973, which was when he started killing. In January 1976, transiting Neptune hits 13 degrees Sagittarius, his natal Mars.

It is an AA accuracy chart, with the time taken from his birth certificate, so that MC/IC will be correct.