Refugee Crisis in Europe

Just wondering if anyone had any astrological observations on the current refugee/migrant crisis affecting the EU as a whole? There have been so many new additions to the EU over recent years I'm not sure which foundation chart would be appropriate.

hi gp,

your comment on what chart to use in reference to the eu is one of the many reasons i have gravitated towards the use of ingress charts to a specific location.. sometimes a whole area, or strip of the planet will share a similar astrological rising sign with the placement of the planets in a similar area.. this is obviously general, but i was looking at the aries and cancer ingress charts for budapest, hungary which seems to be holding many of these refugees.. the same charts for istanbul are similar.. moving the 2015 aries and cancer ingress chart data to berlin or paris changes the rising sign..

the cancer ingress to berlin where merkel governs seems to be most accented with the moon/saturn square right on the ascendant.. perhaps given that the moon rules the 9th house in this scorpio rising chart, it makes sense that those people from faraway lands who are struggling to find a home would become an important and pressing issue during the summer ingress in countries like germany and france. i believe the location of some of the euro gov'ts are based in berlin, if not mistaken. brussels is much the same as paris - 21 scorpio rising in the cancer ingress, as opposed to appro 27 scorpio in the berlin chart..

i think europe has to decide whether supporting a foreign policy of regime change as expressed via the ongoing usa leadership (see iraq, libya, syria for examples) is in it's own best interests..

i find the ingress charts a better means of deciphering what is happening on the ground and it removes me from the quagmire of which chart to use for a particular group of countries such as the european union..

another astro thought i had has to do with the upcoming saturn/pluto conjunction in 2020.. as i view this pair of astro symbols as having a direct connection with the brutality associated with war, i wonder if humanity is able to learn something from the transitions we face in the years leading up to this conjunction? whether this is something others see as useful or relevant to the issue you raise, i tend to believe it is.

the other thought i have is a more malevolent one where the msm bombards the general public with a topic that they have an already set game plan for responding to.. it would be an acceleration in the regime change with regard to assad in syria and using it as a justification for more suffering and hardship on those who haven't already left yet... this requires a belief that the msm is controlled by corporations with a vested interest in a particular outcome which is how i tend to see it..

Thanks James, interesting thoughts. I don't have alot of experience of ingress charts so I'll take a look at what you suggest.
It is an interesting developing situation. Certainly in the UK in recent days there's been a complete u-turn in alot of folks' attitudes toward it and politicians don't quite know quite which way to face. Compassion has suddenly become popular - long may it continue!
I've a feeling the (SunconJup)-opp-(MoonconNep in Pis) a few days back had a part to play somewhere, especially with the compassionate outrage sparked off by the tragic photos of the drowned child.

thanks gp.. the un refugee convention astro with the jupiter/neptune opposition is what we have at present as well.. interesting the protocol to the convention on jan 13 1971 has a conjunction between jupiter/neptune as well..

I don't know if anyone has ever tested out this chart of Germany against actual historical events? http://www.dominantstar.com/a_germana.htm 18th January 1871, 1pm, Versailles.

I noticed that the antiscion of Jupiter in this chart is 12 degrees Cancer 45 minutes, which has recently had an opposition from Pluto.

Transiting Neptune stationed at 12 degrees Capricorn 23 minutes in April 1989, in August 1989 transiting Chiron was 12 degrees Cancer 45 minutes, and in November and December 1989 there was an opposition of Jupiter in Cancer to a Saturn Neptune conjunction to this point. Then Chiron in Cancer retrograded and went direct again over this point in early 1990. I do think it had something to do with the fall of the Berlin wall and German re-unification.

Of course Saturn in this chart, at 4 degrees Capricorn and heavily aspected, was transited by a Uranus conjunction in 1989. About as descriptive as you can get of the falling of a wall.

Also the Sun in this chart is 28 degrees Capricorn, giving an antiscion of 2 degrees Sagittarius. Transiting IsisTranspluto is currently squaring this area and has been within one degree orb applying, from the beginning of Virgo. The last time IsisTranspluto hard aspected Germany's Sun was in the 1930's forming an opposition from the last degrees of Cancer. Adolf Hitler's Ascendant in late Libra was hit too by this transit.

Neptune in this chart is 19 degrees Aries 07 minutes, so the current transit of Uranus in 19 degrees Aries is conjunct, also the antiscion of transiting Neptune in Pisces is around 19 degrees Libra.

It would take a lot of work to fully test this chart against known historical events, so I don't know.

One of the difficult thing about trying to interpret the chart of a nation as opposed to a person is that with a person's chart you can think in terms of what is good and bad from that person's perspective, even if they are a bad person, but with a nation's chart you are talking about millions of people and what is good for some of them will be bad for others, such as the opposition transit of IsisTranspluto to the Sun in the chart of Germany, and square in the chart of Adolf Hitler, when the Nazis came to power in the 1930's.

From the very small amount of time I spent looking at this chart of Germany, it does seem to be valid, though I haven't tested the chart angles at all, or tried to do Solar Arcs of the angles to planets to try to time events. The "times of birth" given for charts of nations always seem a bit arbitrary, and I don't know how they are decided upon.

Fleur, Charles Harvey makes a study of that German Empire chart with respect to Hitler & WWII in "Mundane Astrology" (Baigent/Campion/Harvey) p387 onwards. It's an excellent book all round if you can find a copy, and covers some of the points you raise.
James, it's fascinating how literal astrology can be at times. The more I look at this Jup/Nep/Vir/Pis opposition the more I see the astrological archetypes in action. Fascinating to see how it interacts with different founding charts...possibly quite educational too.