Editions of Christian Astrology by William Lilly?

Hi,

I just discovered that the kindle edition of Christian astrology I have has been edited at a later date as it contains information about Napoleon Bonaparte's sons birth chart & includes Uranus, but it doesn't specify what parts are not part of the original, whether parts of the original has been removed & so forth.

Does anyone know whether parts of the original text of Lilly has been removed by the later editor or it still contains the whole work?

I know that Christian Astrology holds a pre eminent status among astrology books & I've begun studying it but don't want to plow through it if substantial parts of Lilly's original has been removed or altered etc.

You probably have, on Kindle, Zadkiel's edition of CA. It was published in the mid 19th century and as a substitute for the real thing, it is pretty useless. Print editions have value for book collectors. Zadkiel (Richard Morrison) heavily edited and in his mind "improved" Lilly's work. No one agrees with the last statement.

There doesn't seem to be any difference at all in the 1647 and 1659 editions of CA. Someone recently suggested the 1659 edition was printed without Lilly's permission. The pagination is identical. If there are any changes they are minimal.