Re: Eris and Pluto ruler of Aries

naomibennett9 wrote:It is very clear to me that Pluto rules Aries. If one reads Carl Payne Tobey's discovery back in 1933 he found that planetary order of Moon, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn followed the astronomical order of Average Mean Distance for Earth. Astrologer's maintained this order unconsciously with the discovery of Uranus and Neptune. It was only with Pluto that confusion reigned and the majority of astrologers assigned Pluto to Scorpio. But assigning Pluto to Aries would maintain this ancient order in a coincidence in the order of 6,600,000 to one. This is re-examined in my book, Foundations of Astrology.
Although I experimented with this scheme for awhile, one of the problems I have with it is that the underworld deity Pluto seems to be a much better match for gloomy Scorpio than for extraverted Aries.
With the discovery of Eris in 2005, here is a new planetoid the size of Pluto and slightly larger with a moon and outside the orbit of Pluto. This is a likely candidate for the natural ruler of Taurus.
What about the other plutoids? There are already more celestial bodies with that status than signs to assign them to. And Haumea, although a little smaller than Pluto and Eris, has moons as well.

The way I see it, Pluto represents the entire Kuiper belt. That he is the brightest of those objects is a hint here.

Some astronomers still believe that there are unknown major planets far out in the solar system. And there are in fact certain indications for that.
That also means that there is one more planetoid beyond Eris that could rule Gemini.
However, Mercury seems to be an excellent match for Gemini. Although I consider him the co-ruler of Virgo much like I think of Pluto as the co-ruler of Aries. So I expect Taurus and Virgo to get new main rulers one day. The resulting scheme is not as simple as the one suggested by you, but it is symmetrical in its own right and actually suggests the double serpent wand of Hermes overlaid on the domicile scheme.
There is a Facebook page called Eris Followers for people to post comments on Eris.

I also do not give value to the story of myths regarding planets. Uranus is a perfect example. Read it's history under Wikipedia. It was 80 years before it was given it's permanent name. It was first named for King George and the for Hershel.
The difference here is that Eris was given a mythological name already by the astronomers' community, and it is very unlikely that this will still be changed. The mythology around the other name giving deities in Astrology seems meaningful indeed, but Eris just doesn't sound like it had much to do with Taurus.
It is by the examination of transits to Eris and mundane events that will show Eris' true nature. Natal charts may show characteristics but it's hard to find a chart that has a stand along Eris that is prominent to isolate the quality of Eris. Please remember that Eris has been in Aries since the 1920's so it's hard to compare generations of people with Eris in different signs too.
I agree that we didn't have as much opportunity to make empirical observations regarding Eri yet as we had with the established planets. However, bear in mind that we can also study its position in historical charts, both natal and mundane.
Last edited by Michael Sternbach on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.