In search of a bank - astrology in action

We are trying to start a small business, but the days are long gone where you simply drop into the nearest branch of a high-street bank, sign a few forms and an hour later you emerge into the brilliant sun clutching a checkbook for a new account! These days, banks are extremely nervous of banking regulators who ensure that banks do their due-diligence regarding source of wealth, money laundering etc. So a business that involves gambling, betting, or business that are regulated like pubs, or fertilser manufacturers, are scrutinised closely before they are accepted as customers.

Too, banks are nervous of their shareholders who do not want the banks in which they have shares dealing with business which are deemed to be 'immoral', such as pharmaceutical companies who test on animals, despite the legality of such pursuits.

Our business will not fall under any of the examples cited, but the customers of the business will be such that the bank needs to ensure the business will be run by people who know the rules and will be 'compliant', to use the buzzword.

I have banked with the Bank of Scotland for almost 30 years and so this was my first choice. But getting past the initial interview proved very frustrating as it was not a business which slotted easily into a pigeon hole and needed vetting from 'up the line'. After several weeks of trying to get some movement on a decision, we happened to be passing a branch of Handelsbanken in Edinburgh. We had heard good words about this Swedish bank as a bank for business, so decided to drop in on the spur of the moment and ask if they would entertain our business. We succeeded in getting an interview immediately and sat in the waiting room for the business manager to become available. While waiting, I took out my iphone and stabbed the Astro Charts icon to look at the 'now' chart. (This is a most excellent app, by the way. Very well designed and I thoroughly recommend it.) The chart is shown below.
This is an event chart for the time of the first meeting at Handelsbanken and so the ascendant is for the person who initiates the action - which is us. The 7th, ruled by Jupiter, would be for the business manager, though we might expect the 9th (institutions) to be involved and indeed, Mercury which rules the ascendant is in the 9th. Mercury is conjuct Mars and square Jupiter. Not good. The squares are separating, but non-the-less the testimony was that we were not going to be well received. The business manager was very polite, but, unfortunately, they only dealt with businesses with turnovers exceeding two million and the nature of our business was, well, problematic.

We persisted with the Bank of Scotland and finally, managed to make some headway. It was arranged that we would meet with the business manager at a large Edinburgh branch and they would see what they could do for us. But would we be successful? Would we be accepted by the Bank of Scotland? Basically, was it worth making an effort with the BOS or should we try elsewhere? This was a horary question. The chart is shown below.
Well! Jupiter right on the ascendant immediately caught my eye. Whatever else was going on in the chart, how could we go wrong?

I put on my best suit, printed out a business-like business plan and got some business cards printed. The business manager was very polite, but, the nature of our business was, well, problematic, and he would have to push the matter 'up the line' to get the nod from his senior managers. There were several exchanges of emails.... further information was required. But, I am delighted to say that today, they emailed to say that they would be gracious enough to accept us as customers of the Bank of Scotland!

Re: In search of a bank - astrology in action

Geoffrey wrote:
While waiting, I took out my iphone and stabbed the Astro Charts icon to look at the 'now' chart. (This is a most excellent app, by the way. Very well designed and I thoroughly recommend it.) !
Thank you for showing me that. I had no idea it was there. It doesn't seem to work on my little "smart" phone (it doesn't show the current planets at all), but works perfectly on other devices.