Interesting article about Solar Arcs.

http://www.astro.com/astrology/tma_article150504_e.htm

I use Solar Arcs, and use them instead of progressions since I discovered them. I never found progressions to show anything, but Solar Arcs do. I do tend to only use the Solar Arcs of the chart angles to planets, though I have noticed examples of planet to planet SA's also seem to have an effect, and somebody on this board showed these to be effective also.

With overwhelming evidence, I have noticed that when a chart angle makes a conjunction, square or opposition, but particularly a conjunction, to a planet or its antiscion, then simultaneous transits to that planet have extremely heightened significance. As an example, I noticed with the charts of the Gibb twins who have their Sun almost exactly conjunct, that they both died with transits to their Suns, but years apart when their Solar Arc Ascendants, their natal Ascendants being many degrees apart, were also conjunct their Suns. Having said that, I have personally had heavy transits to my Sun with my SA Ascendant conjunct its antiscion, and survived, though my father died that year.

My observation is that transits often pass without much happening, but if they are accompanied by a Solar Arc from a chart angle, they can be life changing. Look at times when there was a Solar Arc of a chart angle to your natal Saturn, and if there was a transit at the same time, particularly from Pluto, there might have been a noticeable change in your material circumstances, where you live, or security.

I never thought about looking at the shadow transits described in the linked article. Maybe because I haven't really looked at planet to planet Solar Arcs, and tend to see the planets as stationary and acted on by the chart angles. I have seen a Solar Arc Sun to natal Pluto seemingly very effective, but wouldn't think of doing a Solar Arc of Pluto and then seeing what transits over it, but neither would I see a Solar Arc chart angle as the focus for a transit unless it aspects a natal planet.

hi fleur,

thanks for sharing the article.. i am into solar arc directions too. i haven't followed transits to solar arc positions much, but i do like to look at solar arc directions back to natal positions.. i use hard aspects that include the 45 and 135.. i think it can be a good predictive tool when combined with other ones.. although primary directions are touted, i haven't been able to get confident using them yet.. perhaps all the options bog me down.. there are some options to how one directs the angles in solar arc too..

regardless of that i would like to offer an example i am looking at tonight then neither confirms the birth time of this person, but does make it a stronger candidate as i see it..

the election in turkey is coming up june 7th.. i was trying to figure out how recep erdogan is going to fair.. it is hard to say as i haven't spent enough time with his 425am chart to know.. here is a page for him from adb.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Erd ... cep_Tayyip

here is an article on the upcoming election in turkey.
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... -hang.html

this could almost be a post for the mundane thread, but i was looking at an important date for erdogan when he is said to have met his wife - july 4 1978...

i did a solar return for him for 1978 and i then proceeded to look at the solar arc directions for this time.. below is a dual wheel - his 425am birth time on the inside and the solar arc directions for july 4 1978..

what i notice is the sa midheaven directed to close to conjunct the 7th house ruler moon in this 425am natal chart for him.. i also notice the prominent uranus on the descendant in this chart making a square to the midheaven degree via the sa uranus to natal midheaven... now, this is by no means a thorough examination of the suggested birth time from adb, but it is a good start!!! one would need more details on his life to get a higher degree of confidence on the 425am time, but i like the little i have got with it here.. i thought since you had brought this up, i would share with you what i am looking at!

print screen

I think you are right that it is the Solar Arc Midheaven being conjunct his natal Moon, which represents his wife.

I don't do house rulers, but the Moon represents the wife or similar type of relationship.

Venus' antiscion is also 16 degrees Libra 49 minutes, so the Solar Arc ascendant will have recently aspected this too. But I think the Moon specifically represents the wife, far more than Venus. His Solar Arc Midheaven is also square to his Sun, which I suspect is also about falling in love, in both men's and women's charts.

I use hard aspects for Solar Arcs too. I do normally use 45 and 135 degree aspects, but for some reason I stick to conjunctions, squares and oppositions for Solar Arcs, and even of those the conjunction seems to be far more powerful and significant, it actually points, whereas the other aspects are much, much weaker. That is only my experience, and I could be wrong. I also use the antiscia, and regard a conjunction to a planet's antiscion as equally strong as a conjunction to the planet itself.

In his chart, Mercury is 13.5 degrees Pisces, so his Solar Arc Midheaven would have been conjunct this around the age of 30. I use one degree applying and one degree separating for Solar Arcs, so that is a two year period. I think Mercury represents a person's children, or siblings, so maybe there was something significant in this area for him around the age of 30, in 1984? I don't know anything at all about him. Birth itself is more about the Moon, but events regarding children, or siblings, is Mercury.

There would be a converse Solar Arc of his Ascendant to his natal Moon around the age of 40, in 1994, when there was a big Neptune Uranus conjunction around 22 degrees Capricorn which would have aspected his Moon (Moon's antiscion 22 degrees Capricorn). Maybe something happening that involved his wife. His natal Moon's antiscion at 22 degrees Capricorn is conjunct his Moon's North Node anyway, and both conjunct his Ascendant in the first house.

It would be interesting to know about his very early life, about the age of two or three, when his Solar Arc Ascendant came within one degree of his Moon's North Node and Moon's antiscion (22 degrees Capricorn).

hi fleur,

i think one has to find what works for them.. i use solar arc directions, but i don't use the antiscia data.. here's how i view antiscia - or mirror image off the cardinal points - i see it as really emphasizing what alfred witte brought to greater attention - the aries point.. let me give you an example - louis armstrong - the chart we did a mystery exercise on previously.. to me - neptune and chiron on zero cardinal axis told me more about how music was a conduit for his energy, or he was a conduit for neptune energy... the fact venus/mercury 45 was also essentially on the cardinal point via 8th harmonic aspects reinforced this.. just where it was coming from - to me i found this interesting.. that is what i mostly think of antiscion data - heavy reinforcement of the importance of the cardinal axis.. but hey - that's just me and how i see it!

as regards using solar arc data - to me doing astrology is like taking apart the layers of an onion, or putting them all together in order to get a more complete perspective on what the chart is telling me.. predicting in advance is much more difficult then hypothesizing after the fact like i have done with the solar arc data to erdogans chart in my first comment to you.. i don't know much about the details on his life, only that i thought i would share with you an example that i thought you might find interesting!

here is picture of what i was trying to talk about on armstrongs chart below

imag