I had one with mercury sun and moon, but they also made loose aspects to a couple of other planets. Let me know if your interested, it was a very significant year at any rate.

OK . This year I was an intern in internal medicine, since July. I gave birth to my first born child in december 1986, became a fully licensed doctor in June 1987. It was probably the most stressful, traumatic years of my life.
Last edited by wangshan on Sat May 30, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorry , I dont know how to post a chart here, I'll try something else[img]file:///C:/Users/fran/Downloads/astro_31gw_01_wangshan_1986530.74967.13909.gif[/img]

ok found out on horary forum
Last edited by wangshan on Sun May 31, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therese makes a very good comment.. i 2nd that.. also for traditional astrologers the profection lord of the year, it's condition in the natal chart and solar return chart also have great bearing on the year under consideration..

if you want an example of combust planets in solar return charts - that are probably a zillion of them as it is a very common occurrence.. on the previous thread of fleurs found here - http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8789 - i dicussed turkey president erdogans chart and solar return for 1978 when he met the wife he was to continue to be married to still and it includes an example of a few combust planets in the solar return as well.. one has to interpret anything in the solar return chart in conjunction with the natal chart and if you are into trad astro - the profection chart too as the lord of the p( and its position in the natal and solar return chart) has great bearing according to the ideology being suggested by arabic astrologers from centuries ago.. good luck!!!

ps - pick up ben dykes persian nativities volume 3 if you want to pursue these ideas more in depth.. if i find some time i will comment on wangshans chart later..

Wayshan wrote:
OK . This year I was an intern in internal medicine, since July. I gave birth to my first born child in december 1986, became a fully licensed doctor in June 1987. It was probably the most stressful, traumatic years of my life.
This is an interesting year because events don't match the emotional trauma of the year. Traditional astrology should describe a landmark year for positive events (birth of a child and becoming a fully licensed physician). But the emotional memory of the year was stressful and traumatic. How would contemporary tropical astrology reconcile this contradiction?

Wayshan, can you give more precise dates for the birth of your child and the date you became al licensed physician? The cyclic charts I use happen to change in the middle of the month. Also I'm seeing the possibility that the natal birth time is CDT rather than CST. Solar Fire gives a warning about Chicago CST/CDT time for 1953. The CDT chart is checking out much better, but to be sure I need more precise dates for the two events you mentioned.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

It said C.S.T. on the birth certificate , so I am sure of the time. Yes it was a very positive year for those two reasons, however, working 130 plus hours a week, one day off a month, while pregnant was no bowl of cherries. Plus i suspected my now ex husband of cheating. My daughter was born 12-29-86, finished internship june 30,1987.
I am more curious myself about solar returns that have the natal ascendant conjunct the solar return ascendant . Do these always fore tell a major event?

wangshan wrote: I am more curious myself about solar returns that have the natal ascendant conjunct the solar return ascendant . Do these always fore tell a major event?
hi wangshan,

a repeat of the natal angles in the solar return chart is said to auger a more significant year as i understand them.. technically the solar return chart for you in 1986 has 29 leo rising, which is a few degrees off your natal ascendant at 3 virgo, but the midheaven sign is the same..

the profection lord for 1986 is mercury as the sign of the profection is gemini - your 10th house area. mercury is combust in your chart, but in a sign that it is supposed to rule and function well in.. i have a different view on combust planets myself and in your case think mercury is quite strong and favourable. rising and in the ascendant, i am inclined to say it is the strongest planet with the ability to act of all the planets and has jurisdiction over the ascendant and 10th house whole sign area..

the other planet that stands out in the solar return chart for me is solar return saturn.. it is opposite the midheaven and exactly square your 3 degree ascendant.. saturn on an angle typically implies more hard work as i understand it. also, solar return venus is conjunct your natal saturn as well.. saturn rules the 5th house which topics include children.. and venus rules your midheaven which would connect with the completion of your internship as i understand it.. (venus in leo is another connection to children).. it is all a bit more complicated as i see now your saturn is square moon in cancer - both planets strong by sign.. the moon applies to venus by an out of sign conjunction as well - so caught between the square to saturn and the conjunction to venus.. thanks for sharing your story on your past with this example!

Wangshan wrote:
I am more curious myself about solar returns that have the natal ascendant conjunct the solar return ascendant . Do these always fore tell a major event?
When it comes to solar returns, we have to remember that the timing of the tropical and sidereal charts will be quite different due to the return position of the Sun. Although I'm basically not a Fagan school astrologer, I recognize that those astrologers are masters of return charts.

Even some tropical astrologers such as Robert Hand and Mark Penfield who wrote Solar Returns in Your Face remove precession from return charts while keeping tropical signs. So they end up with sidereal return angles but tropical planets. I'll try to post the sidereal return charts later today, both CST and CDT for comparison.

The Fagan school doctrine of return charts states that only planets near the angles or aspecting planets near the angles are significant for the year in a major way. Since (with either the CST or CDT chart) Sun and Mercury are not in prominent positions in the non-precessed charts, they don't significantly influence the year. Other planets are much more important for the year in question.

I don't know if this topic is the place to post comparison solar return charts that seem to indicate that CDT is the correct time of birth. Before I post anything further, I request moderator input on this question. If necessary, I can start another topic on the sidereal forum to discuss the differences in the birth and return charts for this significant year in Wayshan's life. Both the NG and M.C. are important in the charts, and also Vehlow houses.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm