lost cat horary

Hello everybody.

I lost my cat, precisely 1 month ago. I live in the suburbs, in a ground floor apartment, and the cat was free to go out in the garden anytime. He had been living with me 1&1/2 years now and was sterilized (so, no chance that he left seeking for a girlfriend)

I found no corps on the street so far, cars and poisoning being the nr 1 causes of death for cats around here. A neighbor pointed out at the possibility he might have killed/eaten by stray dogs, since that?s what happened recently to some of her cats. Other possibilities are
1. he might run scared (he disappeared a day after Easter ) and then got lost
2. he might have entered a car?s chassis (cats do that, especially when they?re young, though)
3. he was stolen

I printed around 200 A4 posters which I placed all over the neighborhood?s extended limits, with no success.
I have casted a dozen horaries, most of them showed a clear separation between L1-L6 or Moon. As soon as I decided to post here some help, I wouldn?t make up my mind which chart to post. Here?s the last one. Do you think posting the very first one or the chart for the moment I was told by my parents he was missing would offer some help?
http://i.imgur.com/qoxJRGj.gif?1

Lord of hour is Mercury in the same sign as the Lord if the ascendant, Gemini, so the chart is radical.
I am Mars, he?s the Moon. After he left me, Moon?s last aspect was L3, Saturn, which suggests a neighbor very closed to home (L3 in 1H) played a part in this. He?s now applying to L7 and L8 respectively, so no chance of recovery, I?m afraid. The Moon is furthermore in applying conjunction to S.Node.
Do you think he might be at least alive?

I'd appreciate some help on this. He was my dearest cat.

Thank you in advance,

Georgia

Moon in aries tells aboutt building in construction, unfrequented places, sandy or hilly ground, roof coverings, ceilings. Do u have places in constructions there near or a place where nobody lives in, or did u check the roof of ur place u live. Cats hide and can stay without food for weeks if they are scared (I am telling u from my experience with cats, I had one hidden in a basement for weeks and checked it few times but she hid so well in there that I found it 4th time I checked the basement). And Mars in gemini is ur significator and ur cat, just changed sign in gemini another sign that speacks about places off the ground, high up or near sources of light, such as windows or rooms that are notably light, bright such as attics and outside indicate locations high from ground, or higher then the ordinary ground, the highest hill or hanging on a tree. If she is hiding nobody sees her so must be search for real in places where people do not have access so easy or don't live there, though aries is a cardinal sign speacks about a place where there is a lot of movement or change.
Mars and Sun are angular, Moon in a cardinal sign sais the cat is not too far from owner. Moon conjuct SN it may be in animal sheds, kennels or wood stores if u have such places there.
Moon last aspect was with saturn and next will be with venus (L7) a fortune, Mars trines fortune it looks like the cat was taken by saturn and given to venus but moon is in saturn fall and venus detriment, or the cat was wondering from saturn to venus but nobody accepted it or will accept it.
Direction is shown by moon in 5th house, mars in gemini in 7th house which is North-West.

Saturn ruler of 3rd may mean ur neighbounehoud or a car, moon in aries a source of heat as an engine she might be hiding inside the engine of a car as moon's last aspect was a trine to saturn in 1st house (maybe ur car or a car near ur home, a car that is not used often or not at all) or in worst case scenario he was hit by a car. Next aspect of moon is a square with venus (7th and 11th house ruler) in 8th house may say that ur partener (if u have one) might find him or somebody took him and sold him. These are few scenario I came up with after looking again at the chart... u know better the surroundings where u live and the habbits of ur cat.

Thank you for your answer Livia!

I think the main reason there were not any replies for this chart was Mars' presence on 7H cusp: a malefic on astrologer's house, one of the main Lilly's considerations before judgment. I should have noticed earlier.

The thing is that there's also a malefic on 7H cusp, Pluto, in the very first horary chart I draw, after I realised he was missing.
I wonder whether this rule concerning the 7H condition as linked to Astrologer's credit, is still at issue when someone is his own astrologer.

Anyway, here's the chart. Lord of Hour is the Moon.
The Cat (=the Moon) left home (separation through opposition to Jupiter = L6) and applies to L2. L6 is also in 2H. Since 2H matters are irrelevant to the question, I have the feeling this 2H emphasis had better been viewed from the Cat's house perspective, it being Cat's turned 9H. He has/had probably been on a trip, the changing 4H cusp further adding to this possibility.

Fortuna is afflicted and unaspected by its lord.

Generally speaking, I don't think he's coming back.
Still he's not applying to L7/L8 either, however the Moon's presence in 8H.

What I'm looking for in these charts -which I'll never be able to verify though- is whether he's alive. Too much asking from astrology, I'm afraid..

Thank you for giving it a shot.

Georgia

I don't think that mars on desc is the reason for no replies at ur post...not everybody is William Lilly. I've search few charts for lost pets of persons and few people really gave their interpretations.
I think that Moon represents u only as it is the ruler of 1st house and cannot be cosignificator for ur lost cat, and Jupiter is ur cat significator as ruler of 6th house. Moon in 8th house shows ur distress and desperation of losing him.
I see moon and sun above the earth making an appling sextile, Fortuna disposed by venus a benefic, Jupiter (cat) aspecting fortuna as good signs for recovery. Jupiter in leo in 2nd house shows he is near u in places represented by leo. Jupiter is not aflicted by radical or derivated 8th house ruler. Moon (you) sextiles Sun in aprox. 2 units time saying u may have news about him (sun in aries angular, moon in aquarius succedent).
He doesnt seems to be harmed, sun the source of life is in aries exalted.

Hi Livia!
Thank you so much for your answer and I apologise for not having answered back earlier this week.
Moon (you) sextiles Sun in aprox. 2 units time saying u may have news about him (sun in aries angular, moon in aquarius succedent).
In fact I did have some news 2 weeks after the cat was lost, but the information given was fruitless.
A 12 year-old girl living next door told me she thought she saw the cat at the school she's attending, about 1km away from home in NNE direction.
Jupiter in Leo had already made me think of school as a possible place, and I had already searched other, closer schools and displayed posters around them.

By that time I had already casted more horaries, in which the same pattern prevaled: Saturn, 6H Lord, in 3' Sag Rx in 4H, ruled by Jupiter in Leo. 4H pointing North, suggesting the cat was near home, yet across some boundary, either in a magnificent place or near children: a School.
The girl's information matched the astro-scenario perfectly: School's location is NNE on the other side of the town's main road, as shown below. Saturn on 3 deg could literally mean the 3rd road above the main street-boundary.
I went there looking for the cat unsuccessfully. I displayed more posters but nothing occured, until an hour ago, when another guy called claiming he saw the cat 1km N of home. Neither this call had any luck. I intend to sprend more posters there the day after tomorrow. It's like searching for a needle in the haystack, though..

Thanx again for your comments Livia! I hope I'll be back with good news someday.

Georgia

I really hope u find the "fugitive"... but looking at the first chart u draw sun in aries exalted which is jupiter dispositor it seems he really enjoyes beeing in that place which he might have left judging by the separating trine between sun and jupiter. We had a black beatifull cat with red collar around his neck in my neighbournehood for more then 2 months and he was a fugitive too who managed on his own very well catching little birds and mice and who was caught in the end and returned to his desperate owner. What I wana say they manage on their own very well and adapt quickly to other environments.
From the last chart u posted saturn retrograde in 4th and jupiter (saturn dispositor) in leo saturn's sign of fall indicates beside what u said that he might hide somewhere under earth. And Jupiter means churches too among others and more jupiter in leo in 12th house might be a retreat place frequented by people.
Good luck Georgia and let's hope this will have a happy end.

hi Georgia,

I have had a chance to very quickly review some of the notes provided here and wanted to contribute a few observations to the first chart.

Saturn in the first house is a cause for concern as it tends to indicate that the question brings with it a load of difficulty and results in an unpleasant close. the cat is signified by Mars, a naturally malefic planet. at first this seemed unusual to me but I have ideas about why this is that are addressed later on. I do think it's good practice to let the Moon step in and offer signification too as she naturally signifies things that wander and are lost.

Mars is combust, in the same sign as the radical 8th house ruler. (Mars also rules the turned 8th house for the pet.) Mars is applying to an opposition of a malefic planet in the cat's turned 8th house (i.e., Saturn). the Sun is also applying to this opposition, and this is a classic natural signature of loss (Saturn) of vitality (Sun).

the Moon is translating from Saturn (in turned 8th) to Venus (a planet in the radical 8th), tying together different outposts of 8th house symbolism. adding additional detail, the Moon will receive Venus as Venus is in Cancer. receiving a planet in the 8th is like inviting the destructive intent of that house into the body. ultimately this chart suggests a need to consider loss of life as a real possibility.

I think it's interesting to see how much heat there is in the chart. the Moon is in Aries, a fiery sign in itself but disposited by Mars; Saturn rules the 3rd and is placed in the turned 8th in the fiery sign Sagittarius; and, the turned 8th-ruler is Mars combust in Gemini (symbolic of vehicles and engines).

Saturn retrograde with the Sun coming up to Mars from behind (and in a sign averse to Mars but still affecting Mars via combustion) makes me wonder if the accident came from a vehicle in reverse that simply couldn't see the cat.

with the Sun angular and Mercury preparing to retrograde back to Mars (L1 and L6), and Moon translating from Mars/Saturn to Venus/Mercury, I wouldn't be surprised if you are contacted by someone regarding the situation who will have firsthand information for you. (you have said, though, that there have been two phone calls already.)

I know 8th house themes aren't easy things to consider, and as this is your chart the judgment ultimately rests with you. I only intend to share those thoughts that jumped out at me immediately while reviewing the figure.
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

Off topic:

I looked at Wade's photo and thought that Paul has changed his name !
Except for the angle of the photograph- the photographs look very similar.

PD
Wade wrote:hi Georgia,

I have had a chance to very quickly review some of the notes provided here and wanted to contribute a few observations to the first chart.

Saturn in the first house is a cause for concern as it tends to indicate that the question brings with it a load of difficulty and results in an unpleasant close. the cat is signified by Mars, a naturally malefic planet. at first this seemed unusual to me but I have ideas about why this is that are addressed later on. I do think it's good practice to let the Moon step in and offer signification too as she naturally signifies things that wander and are lost.

Mars is combust, in the same sign as the radical 8th house ruler. (Mars also rules the turned 8th house for the pet.) Mars is applying to an opposition of a malefic planet in the cat's turned 8th house (i.e., Saturn). the Sun is also applying to this opposition, and this is a classic natural signature of loss (Saturn) of vitality (Sun).

the Moon is translating from Saturn (in turned 8th) to Venus (a planet in the radical 8th), tying together different outposts of 8th house symbolism. adding additional detail, the Moon will receive Venus as Venus is in Cancer. receiving a planet in the 8th is like inviting the destructive intent of that house into the body. ultimately this chart suggests a need to consider loss of life as a real possibility.

I think it's interesting to see how much heat there is in the chart. the Moon is in Aries, a fiery sign in itself but disposited by Mars; Saturn rules the 3rd and is placed in the turned 8th in the fiery sign Sagittarius; and, the turned 8th-ruler is Mars combust in Gemini (symbolic of vehicles and engines).

Saturn retrograde with the Sun coming up to Mars from behind (and in a sign averse to Mars but still affecting Mars via combustion) makes me wonder if the accident came from a vehicle in reverse that simply couldn't see the cat.

with the Sun angular and Mercury preparing to retrograde back to Mars (L1 and L6), and Moon translating from Mars/Saturn to Venus/Mercury, I wouldn't be surprised if you are contacted by someone regarding the situation who will have firsthand information for you. (you have said, though, that there have been two phone calls already.)

I know 8th house themes aren't easy things to consider, and as this is your chart the judgment ultimately rests with you. I only intend to share those thoughts that jumped out at me immediately while reviewing the figure.

hi Georgia,

I?ve had a chance to go over the comments in this thread and have pulled out a few quotes that I think should receive a response.
geo wrote:I have casted a dozen horaries, most of them showed a clear separation between L1-L6 or Moon. As soon as I decided to post here some help, I wouldn?t make up my mind which chart to post. Here?s the last one. Do you think posting the very first one or the chart for the moment I was told by my parents he was missing would offer some help?
when I first read this thread, I thought the first chart you provided was the first horary you pulled. in that horary your significator was combust, which does characterize your experience as quite traumatic. when the asc-ruler is combust it signifies someone so caught up in their own destructive circumstances that they are unable to calm their mind and take heed of the counsel and advice given in the astrological figure. the decision to pull multiple horary figures for essentially the same query is an example of what that looks like. you don't need to do this. in the end, I think what we end up seeing in these cases are mini updates, but nothing that can't be seen quicker, faster and more reliably in the first chart cast for the matter.

now, if you get news from someone who says they saw your cat and you want to confirm if it actually was your cat, that's when it might make sense to consult a "rumor reliability" chart timed for when you received the call. but still, this is essentially an event chart. we don't need more than the one horary.

all this aside, notice in the first horary the cat's significator, Jupiter, is about to be squared by Mars in Taurus (which rules the cat's 12th house). in the subsequent chart that I weighed in on, Mars stands in as the cat's significator. to me, I would expect this to be indicative of the cat suffering a Mars-type fate.
geo wrote:By that time I had already casted more horaries, in which the same pattern prevaled: Saturn, 6H Lord, in 3' Sag Rx in 4H, ruled by Jupiter in Leo. 4H pointing North, suggesting the cat was near home, yet across some boundary, either in a magnificent place or near children: a School.
I'm going on a limb here, but I think what's happening is that there was some fundamental shift in the cat's wellbeing that happened prior to this "pattern locking" that you experienced where Saturn became more focal. but again, this really isn't that helpful -- for so many reasons it's best to just stick to the first horary and let that fully inform your understanding.
geo wrote:I think the main reason there were not any replies for this chart was Mars' presence on 7H cusp: a malefic on astrologer's house, one of the main Lilly's considerations before judgment. I should have noticed earlier.

The thing is that there's also a malefic on 7H cusp, Pluto, in the very first horary chart I draw, after I realised he was missing.

I wonder whether this rule concerning the 7H condition as linked to Astrologer's credit, is still at issue when someone is his own astrologer.
these types of considerations do not apply in the same way when you are your own astrologer. however, these are not meant to invalidate charts or forbid you from judging. they were and still are considerations that you incorporate into your judgement. Mars on the 7th cusp isn't irrelevant, nor is Pluto if it's in a partile conjunction with the descendant. but I personally do not believe these considerations should stop you from employing the figure. they should just give you pause, and better inform your approach.
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com