parallels

Admitted, i feel very stupid to ask this, - but my horary computer program offers "parallels" and contra parallels as aspects between planets and i have no idea how to use this information.
I see this never mentioned in readings of horaries.
Maybe someone here could bring light into my darkness...?
Thanks a lot!

Quoting from Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson's book Simplified Horary Astrology
The declination of a planet is its distance North or South from the celestial equator given in the ephemeris along with its longitude & latitude. Two planets within 1 degree of the same declination are parallel, an aspect similar to the conjunction. They may both be North or both South, or one North and the other South. Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson relates "the thing is as good as done now" when you allow for a parallel to express its power in the chart. The parallel is either likened unto a conjunction or an opposition. Being one planet North and the other South within 1 degree orbs allowed, or both planets with North declination or both South declination. Parallel =conjunction or contra parallel =opposition as stated. The term "bringing the matter to perfection" means a final conclusion, on way or the other, in the asffirmative or negative. You are always able to say Yes or Np and Why in giving your answer to a horary with the parallel considered. She also states: We must have an aspect between the two planets that represent the querent and quesited or we have nothing to bring them together by themselves. In such a case, we let the Moon co-rule one of the two and act in its stead in the matter, if she aspects the other significator. If the same planet rules the querent and the quesited, we again take the Moon as co-ruler of the rising Sign. The conjunction and parallel are always good bring two significators together to conclude the matter. In a cardinal sign and angular house the fastest combination, denoting days, sometimes only hours without any intervening aspect from a 3rd planet to interrupt, or to a 3rd planet to delay, there is immediate action toward an early solution. Pages 24,25 and 79 with example charts within the book.
"Omnia Numeris Sita Sunt" = Latin for;
"Everything is veiled in number"
"Ye Stars which are the glory of Heaven!"
If in your bright leaves we would read the fate of men and empires, "tis to be forgiven"- Lord Byron

sorry for my late reply, - i am grateful for your response! -

How comes that i don't read often about this aspect? Isn't it used by most people reading horary charts? Or is it more of a "side effect" or like a fashion, used by specific astrologers only?
I know Karen Hamaker-Zondag as well uses them, and she even states in on of her books that the parallel and contra-parallel both bring positive results for the querents question.
Would be interesting to see why it isn't used for readings more frequently... i'd be happy for to get your opinions!

bonfire wrote:sorry for my late reply, - i am grateful for your response! -

How comes that i don't read often about this aspect? Isn't it used by most people reading horary charts? Or is it more of a "side effect" or like a fashion, used by specific astrologers only?
I know Karen Hamaker-Zondag as well uses them, and she even states in on of her books that the parallel and contra-parallel both bring positive results for the querents question.
Would be interesting to see why it isn't used for readings more frequently... i'd be happy for to get your opinions!
Several modern horary astrologers use the parallel in their work. As far as I know, at least one traditional Arab astrologer appears to have used them or at least referenced them in one of his works.

Not many traditionally inclined horary astrologers use them however. As ever, I would encourage you to see for yourself if they have much efficacy in helping guide the horary. Personally I would find it just another complication to try to consider, and I prefer to keep things as simple as possible.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Thanks Paul!
It's a very good idea to keep it as that, - an addition, if needed.
and in "normal" cases one just goes with the simple solution.

I was confused after having read that Hamaker-Zondag uses them such a lot and speaks about parallels as of very important in a chart.
We seem to have some German horary astrologers who read charts in a different way than what i find used mostly in the English and American "world of Horary" - for a beginner it's sometimes hard to decide what one would follow. and to keep it all as interesting and worth to have a look at, is also time consuming, partwise confusing and difficult.
So i go first for the ancient way, keep this simple and use here and there additions.
Again, thank you!