Beholding

Hi Friends,
Could someone please explain in very simple language what beholding means. I have tried to understand Lilly's language and still struggle with it. For instance would Mars in Taurus aspecting Jupiter in Leo by square be beholding. Thanks for any offered help as I would really appreciate it. I am working on a very important chart right now and a lot hinges on this one aspect.

I am a native speaker and I would understand behold as see. It is not in common parlance but when we read the bible at school Angels always said behold when appearing visibly
Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Hi Johannes,
Yeah I think I have sussed it out now. You are right, its to do with planets that can aspect each other. I had an idea it was but I wanted to make sure. He has a table to explain it in p109, chapter 19. I have read of astrologers who say they still use the inconjunct aspect, but I wonder what the main opinion is. This is why I was not sure.

Just as you cannot see something to your side because our eyes face forward so a planet in the next sign is not seen so not a semi-sextile in trad. Someone behind you is in your house but is not seen so a conjunction may not be defined as an aspect
Matthew Goulding