Hilary Clinton Launches Presidential Campaign

Former US Secretary of State and First Lady ,Hillary Clinton has formally entered the 2016 race for the White House in a bid to become the first woman US president.
Clinton launched her campaign website on Sunday, telling Americans she wanted to be their "champion". Mrs Clinton ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 but lost to Barack Obama.

The overwhelming Democratic favourite, she had been expected to declare her candidacy for months.

In a video on her website, Mrs Clinton declared: "I am running for president".

"Americans have fought their way back from tough economic times," she said, "but the deck is still stacked in favour of those at the top. "Everyday Americans need a champion and I want to be that champion," she added.

If successful Clinton would bring a third successive win for Democrats giving them 12 consecutive years in office. A dire prospect for the Republicans who will move heaven and earth to find a candidate to beat her.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32257944

The timing of the campaign launch is a tad ambiguous. We have a few potential timings :

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/12/polit ... cation=ufi

From this web link:
Clinton officially entered the race on Sunday afternoon with about 55 minutes of activity. It started just after 2:30 p.m. with an email from John Podesta, her campaign chairman, to veterans of Clinton's failed 2008 run for the White House, who informed her former staffers on that campaign that she was set to officially declare her candidacy once again.

He followed that up with an email to donors, who then got another email from Dennis Cheng, her new campaign's finance director.

By 3 p.m., Clinton's new website, HillaryClinton.com, was up and running, featuring a new logo of the letter "H," with an arrow pointing to the right. And on YouTube, the 2-minute, 18-second video announcing her candidacy was posted.

At 3:10 p.m., that video was posted to Clinton's Facebook page. And at 3:27 p.m., she tweeted to announce she is running.
I see an American astrologer has already gone for a 2.33PM Washington time for the launch time. I imagine there will be some debate in the astrological community whether we go for the email, video on You Tube, Video on her website or the tweet. I personally, think the chart for the email is too early. As I see it the public declaration to the world can be timed from when the video was released on You Tube around 3:00PM. The chart for the tweet would be fundamentally different as it is Virgo rising.

The virtual nature of Clinton's announcement has also led to discussion where to locate the chart? Clinton herself was either in or on route to Iowa. However, her campaign HQ has been established in New York City so its plausible her emails, videos etc were transmited from there. However, I have just decided to locate the chart for Washington DC.

The chart located in New York gives a later ASC of 29'42 Leo and an MC of 24'01 Taurus.

I must admit I pine for the days people just held a press conference to launch their campaign!
The chart has the royal sign Leo rising and the ASC ruler is an exalted Sun in Aries in the 9th. There is little doubt Clinton is undoubtably the Democratic favourite and her astrological chart for the campaign launch reflects this. The Sun falls in the 9th house often associated with politics and beliefs. Not surprisingly, for someone running for the most powerful office on earth Clinton has an extremely strong self belief that she is the right person to lead America. Both the Sun and Mercury form a trine to the ASC. The Moon forms a trine to the MC ruler Venus. This may reflect popular support coming her way in general but I would suggest it particularly reflects Clinton's strong appeal to many female voters. But in the chart the Moon is Lord 12. So some sense of secrecy and possibly self undoing? Moreover the Moon squares that much discussed Mars in Taurus. Does this indicate some serious mistake or blunder or scandal emerging in the campaign? Or with Mars located in the 9th is this a legal issue or difficulty with Congress? Perhaps the issue over her deletion of emails from her time as Secretary of state will become an issue of greater political controversy?

Judging by the news today it looks like it already has with Republicans going into full attack mode:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... emails-we/

Mars is trine Pluto reflecting Clinton's powerful determination to obtain this office. However, a debilitated Mars in Taurus is in its detriment here which perhaps reflects misdirected energy. Mars is the dispositor of both her Sun and Mercury. This could also suggest a rather ruthless streak. But does anyone become President these days without the 'killer instinct'? Mars also sextiles Neptune. Could her campaign strategy be too scattered or muddled? Mars is also squaring Jupiter. Might this indicate Clinton has been overoptimistic regarding the necessary financial or political support she is relying on to run her campaign?

Like everything else going on just now Clinton's the ongoing Pluto-Uranus square. Although it it is at least separating.

Most challenging here though I think is Clinton's MC ruler Venus opposing (Lord 7) Saturn Rx. Saturn is in partile opposition to the lot of fortune. Naturally, we expect open conflict with the other candidates and assuming she is selected by the Democrats, the Republican front runner. Still, an opposition in a campaign chart seems quite seperative. Venus also forms an applying square to Neptune. Neptune generaly isn't helpful for a political campaign since it implies confusion, evasion or misrepresentation/miscomprehension of reality. Some politicians seem to defy the political write off associated with Neptune and succesfully go with that energy in their transits (Tony Blair is a noteable example). I'm not convinced Clinton is that kind of politician.

Looking at the bounds both the ASC and Sun fall in the bounds of that troublesome Mars in Taurus. More positively the MC is in the bound of Jupiter.

Clinton's launch chart ASC is conjunct the fixed star Alphard the alpha star of Hydra the constellation of the Serpent. Acccording to Ptolemy the star is primarily of the nature of Saturn and to a lesser extent Venus. The star has a rather unfortunate reputation and is linked to various kinds of poison.

However, with the ambiguity over the actual launch time/location we should perhaps be rather tentative in going with such a specific degree based delineation. The chart located for New York chart gives the ASC conjunct the fixed star Regulus.

In any case, it certainly looks like Clinton will run a very dynamic and highly energetic campaign.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi mark,

thanks for this post and the overview.. i too wish it was simpler, but the age of technology has created a more scattered situation in this example.. this whole 'event' was planned in advance - hard to know what to choose for the 'official' start time.. about 9 days ago the headquarters for her campaign were said to be in brooklyn, ny too... i wonder if that is the place as opposed to washington to complicate things further.. if so - 26 leo 46 becomes 29 leo 44.. the midheaven moves 3 degrees further as well.. having the regal area of leo rising makes sense- i think of this last part - 27- 29 as that. if 233pm it is 21 leo which gets mars in taurus closer to the midheaven.. the 29 leo chart puts the opposition between venus/saturn square the ascendant more as well.. can't have everything.

frankly, i don't think any of these times bode well for hilary.. having said that the american folks seem to have a thing for family dynasty whether it be bush or clinton.. funny that.. it is like they want to get back to having royalty or something.. weirds me out, especially for a country that is supposed to be about something else, lol.. i won't tell you how bad i view the choices, lol.. i just did..

well jupiter was stationary and went direct about 4 days ago.. that would seem positive in itself... rules the 5th and 8th, so maybe not as positive.. pluto goes retro in another 4 days approx..

i think the prominence of the venus/saturn opposition bodes ill.. this is especially so given she is the women running for office.. that it is the most elevated planet makes sense. that it is also sandwiched by 135/45 pluto/uranus also makes sense.. that mars is also a part of this hard aspect picture 22 degrees 30 minutes, or half a 45 to venus also makes sense. the politics of sex and her relationship with her husband are supposed to stay out of politics, but i can't see many women voting for her given a whole bunch of reasons in spite of her being a women running for the highest office in the country..

as i see it the sun to neptune applying 45 also doesn't bode well.. am i back to the role of her husband plays here with the 7th house neptune which some of the charts we have for bill having it rising? while the moon trine venus looks positive - the sun is the ruler of the chart, with the feminine planets taking a secondary role to the sun... moon is in the 6th and waning as well.. you also pointed out it ruling the 12th which is more of the same.. having the sun in a 45 to neptune seems shaky to me.. mercury is moving away from the 45 with neptune as well.. i suppose if we just look at 9th house sun in aries it looks positive.. so i suppose it depends on how much one factors in 45's or not..

i am not sure how much we can get off this chart on its own.. and of course as with bill there are a few different times for hilary so her chart isn't clear sailing either.. is it the morning or the evening chart for hilary? lol.. i wish we had something solid to work with.. i don't think she got an astrologer to help with the election of this chart..

adult image

Hi James,

Thanks for your comments. We seem to share misgivings about this chart.
i wonder if that is the place as opposed to washington to complicate things further.. if so - 26 leo 46 becomes 29 leo 44.. the midheaven moves 3 degrees further as well.. having the regal area of leo rising makes sense- i think of this last part - 27- 29 as that.
Yes I mentioned the different chart details with a New York location in my post above. I agree as her campaign is located there it might make more sense to locate from there. I only noticed this finese after I had put a chart up.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Why no one looks at the Birth-horoscope of her?
Or doesn?t exist one in the astrology circle (as DD Rodden?)?
I have seen birth time 8:02 in the morning.
I. Starkman rectified to 8:05:40 CST

W.

hi wolfgang,

i mentioned this in my previous post, but there are a few charts for hilary to choose from.. i have 7:57am and 2:18am.. there is one for the evening as well which i have tried to work with.. i think i rectified the morning chart to 7:57am some time back, but i don't have confidence in any of these charts.. for some reason i can't find the evening data that i used to have.. i suppose i favoured the morning one over the evening one..

for a leo rising one could go with a time slightly after midnight.. it is that vague and ambiguous as i see it..

i wouldn't trust the starkman data past the fence post.. sorry isaac..

here is an adb page on the topic..
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cli ... ary_Rodham

james_m wrote:hi mark,

frankly, i don't think any of these times bode well for hilary.. having said that the american folks seem to have a thing for family dynasty whether it be bush or clinton.. funny that.. it is like they want to get back to having royalty or something.. weirds me out, especially for a country that is supposed to be about something else, lol.. i won't tell you how bad i view the choices, lol.. i just did..
I don't think it's that. It has to do with corporations grooming their candidates so that their agenda gets pushed through. They use the media to do that to a large extent along with corporate dollars. In this way they "manufacture" consent from people who ordinarily couldn't care less. Personally, why people feel they need to have a leader is beyond me. I don't need anyone to tell me what to do or what to think and I think that we'd be better off without these psychopaths in office.

There really isn't anyone looking after the interests of the average person in politics. At this point all politicians put the 1% first or they don't get the money to stay in office (even Elizabeth Warren has compromised herself on GMO's voting against Bernie Sanders bill to label them!).

I also think that timing a campaign when it has been known for months that Hillary was running is problematic. At best it might be considered an electional chart, but I would prefer to use the natal chart.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

curtis,

thanks. it looks like it's an election chart with no input from any astrologer.. it's a reflection on hilarys chances for success, which probably goes back to her natal chart.. and i agree with you, using a natal chart would be best.. however as i pointed out - with so many to choose from, what can we get from a natal chart here, other then a group of astrologers floundering in the dark? speaking of which - it feels like the dark ages where this isn't public info, but is held as some sacred area off bounds private - much like astrology is out of bounds for much of our society and culture whether religious or scientific rationale for keeping it this way.. thank god for those countries where one can access this info if they want it. unless hilary was born at home somewhere - i doubt it - the info would have been put down in some hospital in chicago.. why isn't it publicly available? .....this is a separate topic i guess..

Facebook entry

Hi there - Hillary's Facebook page lists the announcement at 12:09 yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton

I am assuming this is PDT, given that Facebook comes out of California. If this is relocated to Washington DC, it gives an ascendant of 28 LE 34. This agrees with my experience yesterday when I looked at Hillary's Facebook page just after 8:10PM BST, when the listing announcing her entry into the field of potential candidates was listed as "1 minute ago". If you relocate a chart cast for this time to DC, it gives the same ascendant - 28 LE 34.

I've been using this time for the beginning of the campaign - 15:09 EDT, Washington DC. I've based the chart in DC on the basis that this is the location of Hillary's ultimate prize - the White House and the Presidency of the United States of America.

I guess the 15:00 EDT for the video release is also a reasonable choice, set for DC. Either way you get a late Leo ascendant.

At our astrology group meeting, we speculated earlier in the afternoon (BST, Exeter) that she would wait until the Moon went into Aquarius to announce the campaign, on the basis that any astrologer advising her would wish to avoid a VOC Moon.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

my rectifications for her natal (7:30 ish) give MC's between 26 Leo and 3 virgo ... fitting insofar as these are the best educated guesses for her campaign send off ... 26 Leo is also Bubba's leo sun ...

My biggest bitch contra HRC is that although she was born in what is currently Chicago's 48th Ward, and her father ran for Alderman of the 49th Ward ... . Obviously didn't win, they moved to tony Park Forest when she was 3 ... She's never celebrated her Chicago birth, just pointing to her suburban Chi roots ... she did not carry her ward (48th) in 2008. She needs a "Money from Home" fundraiser here & some sort of commemorative plaque at 5722 n Winthrop (courtesy of Edgewater Historical Society) if she hopes to carry her ward, must less the national ...

The really funny thing is is that Edgewater, Chicago has a real close vibe to Brooklyn Heights, nice ethnic mix, great restaurants, artsy craftsy boutiques.