astrogooner wrote:
I am surprised that no-one has mentioned Sepharial.

He uses weights.
I studied Sepherial's method for almost 10 years.

The main problem with this theory is, what do you do when all the weights are the same?
Hi astrogooner,

Even in non-handicap races there is often a range of weights due to mare/filly and jockey allowances. But regardless of the type of race there may be too many indicated horses to provide even a dutch or place bets.

You have studied Sepharial for far longer than me. In his Eclipse method how does he find the Part of Fortune? From what Angles does he Measure - i.e. the ASC-DSC or 1st-7th Houses?

I would be interested to know how you approached those.

Skyrack

You have studied Sepharial for far longer than me. In his Eclipse method how does he find the Part of Fortune? From what Angles does he Measure - i.e. the ASC-DSC or 1st-7th Houses?
I'm sure there are references to that on this website or others, looking there may be your best bet. I think it's in one of his books, The Silver Key, possibly. There's no point in me explaining his eclipse method here, as i don't believe it to be a particularly valid one. Besides, learning it for yourself will help your reading and interpretation of it.

However, I do think that you are on the right track by finding a method and sticking with it. The more familiar a particular type of chart becomes, the more fluent one's reading of it gets. And that is one thing that i am absolutely convinced of. If Sepherial works for you, stick with it.

I'm also convinced that there isn't a single fool-proof method of applying astrology to sport - because astrology is interpreted at the individual level with many other influences to consider - and besides, where would the fun in that be?
Verum e

astrogooner wrote: Edit: (Quincunx to Fortuna in Mercury's terms on the MC is the first aspect).
So it is! So, POF in Gemini on MC.
That's a bit different to Mercury in Aries in 8th, ruling 10th and 1st.

So maybe: Chance de Roy
Portrait King
Balthazar King
Oscar Time (awards)
Spring Heeled.

Am suffering from Gemini indecision : )
Last edited by PallasAthene on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saturnhead wrote:You called 2nd, Fleur - well done!
No, I was completely wrong, I bet on Al Co and he fell at the beginning of the race. Looked like a good Pisces horse too. I recall Rebel Rebellion was doing well and that is another one that skyrack, using Sepharial's method, mentioned, but I didn't understand the method and need to read it up.

Saint Are, who I nearly put my small bet on, came second. I would have been really happy.
Last edited by fleur on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.