I'm thinking of having both of those in a CTC from 6 selections - 120 bets x 10p = ?12.00.

I fancy Cause of Causes myself. Although the first aspect from the 5th is a tredecile to the Sun, take your pick from Balthazar King, Royale Knight, Soll or First Lieutenant. Gallant Oscar is probably the most interesting of the Sun horses - the name Oscar comes from ye olde English words for God and Spear. The Sun is in Aries after all. Depending on who you read, gallantry is of either Sun or Jupiter rulership. The Sun's antiscia is at 8? Virgo 36', applying to the ASC. The MC also applies.

Using more conventional aspects, the 5th cusp trines to Mars. The interesting name here is Alvarado - Alonso de Alvarado, c1490?1554, was a Spanish soldier in the conquests of Mexico and Peru.

Pedro de Alvarado chief aide of Cort?s in conquest of Mexico and governor of Guatemala 1530?34. Interestingly, Mercury conjoins Venus in the 1847 Guatemala chart and Fortuna is in the 12th house Moon!

The Grand National takes roughly 10/11mins to run (the fastest recorded time was 8mins 48 seconds in 1990) taking the finish of the race to approximately 16:26. Tantalisingly, the Venus Gemini ingress is at 15:28:30!
Last edited by ModWasp on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Verum e

I'm waiting for the runners to thin out a bit before looking in detail. There are far too many possible runners to give serious consideration to at this stage, even if I restrict myself to those at reasonable odds.

I hope to return to this in a few days.

You beat me to it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -name.html

I don't know anything about horse racing, but this Grand National at Aintree seems like a big one, so worth studying it a bit if I can and looking at some of the horses' astrological charts. It feels like a lot of work getting the chart of the race and the horses' charts together.

Here is the chart of the Grand National, Aintree, Liverpool on Saturday 11th April 2015 at 4.15pm. I have never tried horse racing before, so if I get this wrong maybe somebody will tell me, as I am just learning.

Taking a thought from Mark's chart for the General Election being about the time the polls close rather than open, which I have seen done for previous elections and it seems to work, I wondered if I am better doing a chart for the time this race finishes rather than the start? What do people think? Does anyone know a finish time or how long the race is likely to take? That 13 degrees Virgo rising in the start time chart looks encouraging as it is bang on Uranus' antiscion.

What do you normally do for a horse's birth time? Do you assume a time, or is it worth drawing up a chart as opposed to running through the lot, about twenty horses, to just look at the planets without angles?

Here is the list of the horses. http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards ... ceTabs=lc_
Last edited by fleur on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

I am getting tired going through all the horses, and probably not using the best sorting techniques. I will have another look later. One that did jump out at me was Pineau de Re, born in France on 8th May 2003. Nice opposition of Mars in 9.5 degrees Aquarius to Jupiter in 9.5 degrees Leo. Recently had a Jupiter return.

I don't know anything about horses, and wonder if 11 years old is old for a horse, to be racing against much younger horses of 8 or 9 years old?
Last edited by fleur on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleur wrote:I am getting tired going through all the horses, and probably not using the best sorting techniques. I will have another look later. One that did jump out at me was Pineau de Re, born in France on 8th May 2003. Nice opposition of Mars in 9.5 degrees Aquarius to Jupiter in 9.5 degrees Leo. Recently had a Jupiter return.

I don't know anything about horses, and wonder if 11 years old is old for a horse, to be racing against much younger horses of 8 or 9 years old?
Won last year, Fleur. :'
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

GB wrote:I have had a quick look at some possibilities (more later in the week), but Night in Milan has some interesting transits (DoB 29 Apr 2006).
Would fit Moon in Cap; Moon for night and Cap for villages. Priced up at 33/1.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.