Using Addey method:

5th ruler Saturn is sextile venus and which is also ruler of the 2nd, 9th houses.

Themes to do with venus.

I go for pleasant company and livelovelaugh.

Or isleofhopesandreams (5th cusp sextile neptune).

Vas wrote:Using Addey method:

5th ruler Saturn is sextile venus and which is also ruler of the 2nd, 9th houses.

Themes to do with venus.

Saturn is sextile Mercury, rather than Venus
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

I'll wait until the final decs come out on Tuesday.

Not sure if I fancy a Sun/Saturn type (Vieux Lion Rouge/General Principal/Noble Endeavor), a Moon/Uranus one (Impulsive Star/Outlander/Yala Enki) or a Mercury selection (Up For Review/Step Back/Ballyoptic).

Mod Wasp mk2 wrote:I'll wait until the final decs come out on Tuesday.

Not sure if I fancy a Sun/Saturn type (Vieux Lion Rouge/General Principal/Noble Endeavor), a Moon/Uranus one (Impulsive Star/Outlander/Yala Enki) or a Mercury selection (Up For Review/Step Back/Ballyoptic).
Like you, I am waiting until runners and riders are clearer. What we can do is review the indications.

You have highlighted the three approaches:

1. Addey gives us the Sun, 5th cusp separating from sextile Venus and applying by square to the Sun in Aries.

2. The close conjunction of Moon and Uranus in Taurus.

3. Mercury tightly on the Descendant in Pisces.

This last indicator reminds me of the 1986 result, The Desc was again in Pisces with Jupiter setting closely conjunct the Desc in the hour of Jupiter. The winner was West Tip.

JupiterMk4 wrote:As the race takes around 10-12 minutes...I quite like Pluto in the 5th exactly trine the ascendant.
Raises an interesting question: start time or end time? I know some people use close of poll time for election forecasting and seem to have good results with it. The difference between start and end time charts is important in longer events, such as football matches.

GB wrote:
JupiterMk4 wrote:As the race takes around 10-12 minutes...I quite like Pluto in the 5th exactly trine the ascendant.
Raises an interesting question: start time or end time? I know some people use close of poll time for election forecasting and seem to have good results with it. The difference between start and end time charts is important in longer events, such as football matches.
Yes, I always like planets that are growing in strength during a race.

My initial thoughts are Pluto in Capricorn and Mercury in Pisces, which leads me to Lake View Lad and Vintage Clouds.

Noble Endeavour would also fit, but I remain unconvinced about it's ability.

Tiger Roll would fit the angular Sun in Aries.

john wrote:
Vas wrote:Using Addey method:

Themes to do with venus.

Saturn is sextile Mercury, rather than Venus

Thanks for the clarification.

In that case I'll go for 'up for review' or 'lake view lad'.