Can someone tell me please why this was a yes?

I made this chart a while ago. I asked if I will see my 'friend' that Summer. He is an old bf that I had romantic interest but we were only friends when I casted this chart. And honestly wasn't expecting anything to happen. He was coming over to D.C. for a wedding. But he wasn't sure he would make it because he was in the hospital due to a foot injury.

The answer was yes we saw each other and fell for each other again.
The Moon is void and conjunct Caput Algol...
No aspect between our significators, I took him as Mercury and me as Jupiter, we receive each other well...Moon is in the 6th squaring Venus
:?
We are still in contact to this day but due to him living in the UK we don't have a real relationship. When we did see each other it was pretty much life changing for both of us.
We saw each other the first week of July.

Hi there,

I only gave a quick glimpse to your chart. You assigned the 7th to your friend, but if you had assigned the 11th ("social" friend) or the 5th ("romantic" friend) you could have:
- 11th ruler (mars) applies to ruler asc (jupiter). It is a mutual application by square.
- 5th ruler (venus) is "applied" by the moon.

The 10? between mars and jupiter would give you the about 10 weeks of timing between your question and the result. Things can be perfected by square, and although Mars is essentially debilitated, it is angular and Jupiter is quite good (exaltation and angular).

But you're the one who knows which "type" of friend you considered him back then (5th house, 7th or 11th).

If you still consider the 7th as his ruler, Jupiter strong in the 7th can also be a strong indicator of perfection, and Mercury (7th ruler) is in Pisces, ruled be Jupiter, which could mean that he "thought" about you as well.

Sorry for the messy response, it is just some ideas.. :)

Jo?o Ventura

Moon is not void is applying to venus.
Maybe u didn't asign correctly the main significators, especialy ur friend significator. With Mars as his significator (L11) maybe the story is different...Mars retrograde applies to Jupiter (L1) and u met in july when Mars returned at 21 degrees. And Moon applying to Venus shows potencial for romance....true lots of squares and oppositions and lack of reception...a very weak mars retro and in detriment (describes him better as injured) didn't look so promising...but still there was a hope for a yes.

jventura wrote:Hi there,

I only gave a quick glimpse to your chart. You assigned the 7th to your friend, but if you had assigned the 11th ("social" friend) or the 5th ("romantic" friend) you could have:
- 11th ruler (mars) applies to ruler asc (jupiter). It is a mutual application by square.
- 5th ruler (venus) is "applied" by the moon.

The 10? between mars and jupiter would give you the about 10 weeks of timing between your question and the result. Things can be perfected by square, and although Mars is essentially debilitated, it is angular and Jupiter is quite good (exaltation and angular).

But you're the one who knows which "type" of friend you considered him back then (5th house, 7th or 11th).

If you still consider the 7th as his ruler, Jupiter strong in the 7th can also be a strong indicator of perfection, and Mercury (7th ruler) is in Pisces, ruled be Jupiter, which could mean that he "thought" about you as well.

Sorry for the messy response, it is just some ideas.. :)

Jo?o Ventura
Well I always saw him as a 7th but we acted in an 11th house manner. We were lovers 8 years ago...we split up (he needed to go back to university in the U.K.) and within a year we ended up with other people in stable relationships. I always had and still do have fond memories of him. I wondered when I first casted this chart since the Moon is exalted in Taurus that is was powerful enough to give me a yes with the application by square to Venus. Taurus Moon to me felt like saying it will be a passionate meeting and things will turn physical. But when I casted the chart I didn't even think we would get romantic.
Me inside the 7th...I defitenly wanted to see him.

livia wrote:Moon is not void is applying to venus.
Maybe u didn't asign correctly the main significators, especialy ur friend significator. With Mars as his significator (L11) maybe the story is different...Mars retrograde applies to Jupiter (L1) and u met in july when Mars returned at 21 degrees. And Moon applying to Venus shows potencial for romance....true lots of squares and oppositions and lack of reception...a very weak mars retro and in detriment (describes him better as injured) didn't look so promising...but still there was a hope for a yes.
Oh yes I missed that!!!
Yep...I think taking the 11th made sense in this chart. (But honestly even the L7 makes sense too now)! When I first casted this chart, I thought since L11 is so weak and retrograde I didn't think he had enough 'power' to act. Him coming over to the US was all on his own. His foot healed pretty fast.
Thanks for looking. :D

The Moon in its exaltation/triplicity is applying to and is received by a benefic Venus, the natural significator of relationship/love which is also mitigating the Moon's aversion from the 6th by reflecting its light to the ascendant.

Generally,the application of the Moon/lord of the ascendant to a sound benefic is always good and it's even more so with reception involved.

Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

cor scorpii wrote:The Moon in its exaltation/triplicity is applying to and is received by a benefic Venus, the natural significator of relationship/love which is also mitigating the Moon's aversion from the 6th by reflecting its light to the ascendant.

Generally,the application of the Moon/lord of the ascendant to a sound benefic is always good and it's even more so with reception involved.

Goran
Thank You kindly. I appreciate your response.
I overlooked that application to a benefic, Venus.

Moon exalted and so is essentially dignified is actually translating light from Mercury to Venus. Mercury is the guy, Venus is you (as a woman) and love, at 3rd its meeting/communication. The reception between Mercury and Venus helps a lot too. Moon at algol would perhaps show you 'losing your head', falling for him again.