Trading and Stock market Astrology - recommended books

Hello

Can anyone recommend any worth-reading books on Financial/ Trading/Stock market astrology?

Unfortunately, Midheaven books only have a limited selection of books on the subject, so i've had to browse Amazon. There are several interesting looking titles including the eye-wateringly priced 'Stock Market Astrology & Astrological Theory of Business Cycles21 Dec 2009 by Mr. Indrodeep Banerjee', available for a mere ?999.11.
:shock:

Other titles that i'm looking at are 'Astrology and Stock Market Forecasting' by Louise McWhirter and 'How to predict the performance of financial markets using classical astrology' by Giacomo Albano.

Obviously, i wouldn't want to spend ?1K on a book that i haven't even thumbed through, but i'd happily pay ?200-300 for the right book on the strength of recommendations.

No WD Gann suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance.
Verum e

Astrogooner wrote:
Can anyone recommend any worth-reading books on Financial/ Trading/Stock market astrology?
This topic came up before on the the Sport and Speculation forum in late 2013. The thread listed a suggested bibliography of financial astrology books so should be of some interest. Sorry, but WD Gann books were predictably part of the recommendations discussed.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 52afe84d3c

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Do not wish to sound sceptical but if you have ?991 then do not buy Astrology books but invest in a well-managed fund or a tracker fund, say the FTSE 250 and then leave it a few years. Whatever the cycles of the market it will probably appreciate more than any get-rich quick scheme or a bank deposit.

Doubtless there are some astrologers who have mastered this but future success for them depends on keeping the method to themselves. Making a profit in dealing depends, among other factors on the " bigger fool" hypothesis. You sell at the top of the market because a bigger fool will buy thinking it will go further. If you share your knowledge it will not happen.

As a general rule I suggest that if you wish to make money then swallow your pride and get a job

Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Thanks for the link Mark.
As a general rule I suggest that if you wish to make money then swallow your pride and get a job

What a completely unnecessary post, Mjacob.
Verum e

There seems to be a well-established culture of elite financial astrology books being offered for sale for very high prices (upwards of $1000).

I think the supposition behind it is partly that the information should be kept exclusive (some suppliers require the signing of a legally binding non-disclosure agreement as a condition of sale).

But also there seems to be an implication that the information contained in these books can make people a lot more than the cost of the book if they use it, so it's supposed to be worth that kind of money for that reason.

A related assumption I think is that the core market for these books is established traders who are already dealing with large sums of money on a regular basis, and for them, $1000 - $3000 (depending on the title, and they do go that high) is an outlay they can happily absorb in return for the advantage of rare insights that may give them a competitive edge.

However, the mere fact of a book costing $1000+ is no guarantee that it's worth it, even if you are well-heeled enough to afford that kind of sum on a single trading guide. Hence the importance of credible recommendations and reputation.

If you go to the Sacred Science Society website you will find other examples and can read the descriptions and even write Brad (the director) an email asking for recommendations within your budget.

There are several well-regarded financial astrology books at less astronomical price points, however.

For instance, there is the very experienced astrologer-turned-successful astrological trading advisor (with many clients on his books) Ray Merriman's five-volume series "The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing", currently retailing at $570 for the set directly from Ray - but you can order the individual volumes separately too for between $95 and $150 each.

There is also a financial astrology book sold via Ray's site called "The Universal Clock" by another author, Jeanne Long, that seems to be highly regarded. It costs $144.

On Gann analysis, there are many options, but one popular guide is "Gann's Scientific Methods Unveiled" in two volumes by Patrick Mikula. Formerly available only as much costlier clothbound volumes which are long out-of-print, it's now been released in Kindle format for $49.98 for the set.

Another relatively inexpensive older book (published 2002) is "Planetary Stock Trading IV" by Bill Meridian. It costs about $58. The reviews on Amazon appear mixed.

More recent is "Mercury, Money and the Markets" by Tim Bost ($84), who is a well-regarded financial astrologer and very experienced.

Another well-established name whose books don't cost the earth is Larry Pesavento. He had several earlier titles but his most recent, "A Trader's Guide to Financial Astrology", was new in January 2015 and though I don't have a copy, my supposition would be that it is a distillation of most of what he has previously researched and written on into one coherent volume.

I'm not a trader so I can't vouch for the reliability of any of the information in any of these books, but I do find them fascinating from the standpoint of astrological theory, and try to collect the more affordable ones for the inherent interest of their intellectual content rather than with any intent to put their claims into practice.

Thanks for the replay Phillip, i'll certainly follow up on your recommendations.
However, the mere fact of a book costing $1000+ is no guarantee that it's worth it, even if you are well-heeled enough to afford that kind of sum on a single trading guide. Hence the importance of credible recommendations and reputation.
That's exactly why i posted this topic, I'm only interested in tomes of quality.

Thanks.
Verum e