Zephany Nurse's story

I came across this story today, and it is fascinating from an astrological point of view. So I decided to make a few comments.

Zephany Nurse was born on April 28th 1997 in Capetown, South Africa, birth time unknown.

On April 30th, she was abducted from the hospital while her mother was sleeping. According to reports, the abduction happened at around 15:30

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ts-5243903

During February 2015, a girl began attending a school in Capetown. Students were struck by the likeness that existed between the new girl and another older pupil at the school. The two were introduced to each other and became friends. When the younger girl told her parents about her new friend, and how similar they looked, the parents became suspicious. The mother of the younger girl was the person who's first born baby girl, Zephany, had been kidnapped 17 years earlier.

The parents arranged for their daughter to invite over her new older friend, and were also astonished at the likeness. They felt that they may well have been in the presence of their abducted daughter. They called the police, and an investigation ensued. On February 26th, the results of a DNA test were released. They indicated that the girl was indeed Zephany Nurse.

http://www.702.co.za/articles/1907/dna- ... -abduction

So Zephany was abducted in infancy and reared by a stranger who she came to know and (presumably) love as her mother. Now she has suddenly been removed from that family and told that she has a different mother, who is actually a stranger. The person she knows as mother is potentially going to jail. At the same time, she had independently formed a close connection with her biological sister.

At the very least, one could call this a traumatic and psycho-emotionally complicated situation for Zephany, and also everyone else involved.

Without going into a massive in-depth analysis, it is interesting to note that natally for Zephany, assuming 12pm as birth time:

1. There is a probable Moon-Saturn square. At 12pm, the Moon was at 16Cp13, Saturn at 13Ar45 .

'sad mother', absent mother, challenge in relation to nurturing, family, sense of belonging, etc.

2. There is a tight Sun-Uranus square . At 12pm, Sun 8Ta09, Uranus 8Aq34 .

an unusual / unconventional individual - her life certainly has undergone an unexpected and drastic change that has a very direct bearing on her sense of self and will mark her out as 'unusual' over the long term.

3. And there is what I would consider to be a 'protective' Earth grand trine between Moon (16Cp13), Venus (14Ta50) and Mars (16Vi44) .

It's not clear what the relationship between Zephany and the woman who raised her is or was like. Looking at the grand trine in the chart, I'd say that there was quite probably a loving environment. Despite the Moon-Saturn square.

The transits for February 26th 2015, the day the DNA test results were released, are pretty amazing.

tSaturn 4Sg42
conjunct natal Pluto 4Sg56

tUranus 14Ar19
conjunct natal and abduction Saturn (13Ar45, 14Ar00 respectively): square natal Moon (16Cp13 12pm)

tPluto 14Cp55
conjunct natal Moon for 12pm, square natal Saturn (13Ar45): trine Venus (14Ta50)

So the transiting Uranus-Pluto square has been 'in dialogue' with the natal Moon-Saturn square, while transit Saturn is conjunct natal Pluto!

This symbolism implies major shocks and unexpected upheaval, particularly in relation to the experience of mother and family, the potential experience of emotional intensity and extremes, combined with a descent into the Underworld / Hell (SA cnj PL) prior to a resurrection.

Changes to the way one's life is structured (PL squ SA, UR con SA) as well as issues involving those in authority and power (social workers, lawyers, etc.) (SA con PL).

Interesting to see though that transit Pluto, while conjunct the Moon and square Saturn, is also trine Venus . In my view, the nicest aspect of this story is that the two sisters, having inadvertently found each other, were developing a strong friendship anyhow before they realized the true nature of their relationship. I think that will prove to be the basis for a future healing of the situation, and is also a reflection of the grand trine in the birth chart (which of course is currently being highlighted by the Pluto transit).

Poor girl. What a nightmare for her.

(I would guess that Zephany was probably born before 12pm, and that her Moon position is closer to 14 Capricorn. Maybe between 8am - 9am.)

thanks for sharing this story bill. it's fascinating. it sure would be great to have more specific info including data on the other girl, but in the absence of all this it is still fun as students of astrology to look at the astrology at work.

here is what i saw. i did a noon chart and took a first look at the april 30th date when the girl was abducted - 2 days after her birth. moon moves into aquarius.. moon is moving at approx 14 degrees per day in this chart - fast moon.. therefore the moon can be forward or backward approx 7 degrees.. this puts a focus on aquarius moon on the date of her abduction..

in her natal chart is a very close sun/taurus- uranus/aquarius square.. i am reading a bio on nelson riddle at the moment. he is a very well known arranger for those interested in this sort of thing.. he arranged for sinatra, ella and nat king cole and raised the bar with his incredible gift and talent for music arranging.. there is no known time for him either, but there is a very close - within about 1 degree upper square from uranus to his sun.. i mostly think of the sun/uranus square with uranus in the commanding position as having some relevance on the persons uniqueness and some sort of special gift or talent they have to offer the world. the same exists in this girl zephany's chart... - zephany - symphony, lol.. interesting.

back to where i was going with this.. the fact that the moon is transiting the solar 10th - same place as the location of uranus and jupiter in zephanys day chart is interesting to me. leaning on solar houses here a bit more - it implies something unusual about the mother - freedom being a major theme i associate with ju/ur in this sign aq..

when i look at the transits for the results of the dna, i note the close transit of uranus to zephanys solar 12th house saturn. obviously this event is rocking her world and in a way that would probably be quite unsettling.. you've noted this with the transiting uranus/pluto square to her natal moon saturn square being overlapped here.. indeed, regardless of her time of birth. this is a major shock of huge dimensions..

transit saturn on the solar 8th house pluto is especially interesting here too.. talk about being confronted with deep dark secrets that open up a dimension on your past that are really death like.. everything you thought you had - looks like it is gone in some bizarre and strange way..

i don't have any speculation for a better time for her... well, maybe pushing the natal cap moon closer to neptune would be one place.. this fits with solar arc moon hitting the sun/uranus square in this time frame. it would also give cap rising and other features that are interesting.. 10pm chart for all this..

perhaps some of the other players involved will provide some data for an inquiring astrologer.. it would be interesting to see her younger sisters birth data and of course the mom's data here.. it would be interesting to get more data on the whole thing from an astro pov..

thanks for sharing bill..