minsk 11

here is a chart for the 2nd ceasefire agreement set to the location of donetsk.. lugansk angles are approx 1 full degree later in the zodiac.

free picture upload

here is a wikipedia page on the topic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_II

the idea of a ceasefire would seem to require a strong 7th house ruler which this chart does indeed have. however, i am not sure about other factors in the chart.. this is essentially an election chart that was decided upon by the folks making the decision in minsk. i have set the time for the locations it is said to apply towards. maybe some folks have some feedback on this.

other factors include the waning moon - late sun/moon phase, and moon on the last degree of sag, if you use that as an indication of something ending.. maybe the end of war is represented by this.. the moon separating from the square aspect to mars seems to reflect more warfare to me, but lessening. the conjunction of the 1st and 7th house rulers would seem positive, but the first house ruler isn't in as good a shape as the 7th house ruler.

midpoint pictures of interest include sun/saturn = pluto.. pluto is 135 midheaven degree.. i associate saturn pluto combo with the grind of war and hardship generally. the midpoint to saturn/pluto is 24 sag 27 while the midpoint of mars/venus the rulers of the 1st and 7th is 24 pisces 23.. the 1st house ruler mars is separating from the sa/pl midpoint, while the 7th house ruler venus is applying to it both by square.. the midpoint of mars/venus applies to it by square.. i find this descriptive where the 2 sides are brought together to work on finding a ceasefire..

equally significant is neptune/uranus=mars.. i am going to quote from cosi what ebertin says on this "lack of stamina, inspirations, misdirected energy, the state of lameness or paralysis, also of sadness.

i am not convinced of the strength of this as an election chart to gain the ceasefire that is being asked.. so far today the ceasefire seems to be holding..

feedback anyone? thanks.

Minsk Protocol

below is a chart for the previous ceasefire agreement set for 6pm local donetsk..

here is a wikipedia link on the minsk protocol which goes into the details around this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_Protocol

imgurl

this ceasefire agreement didn't hold, so the chart if correct - can be used as a guideline. the angles for 6pm local in kiev are 2 aquarius 17 ascendant and 2 sag 14 midheaven.

the chart has saturn ruler of the ascendant in a conjunction with mars. this would suggest that whoever is/was represented by the ascendant wasn't especially interested in a peaceful solution. that is my read on it.

comments anyone?

so much for minsk 2... looks like it is going to be over if yesterday and todays action is any indication.. more bombing of donetsk airport and surrounding donetsk.. it must be some kind of Pyrrhic victory they are aiming for at the airport..

mars transit in taurus to the scorpio ascendant means the agreement is dead? venus ruler of the 7th opposite saturn in the minsk 2 chart? the day chart for yesterday or today looks much like hilary clintons announcement of her intent to run.. it is coinciding with a breakdown in the minsk 2 agreement here.. doesn't look positive..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStXUBt-SeE

Just thought I would point out the Moon was void of course in the 2nd ceasefire agreement. There are various approaches to VOC but I think most of them (except the hellenistic one) would concur. So a poor omen just taking this on its own.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks mark.. not to get into a discussion on voc, but i thought one of the versions on it was if it is in aspect to the sun as it is here, it is still technically in aspect, as opposed to voc? i will have to read up on all the in's and out's to this again on that long thread here at skyscript. maybe it is the chris brennan hellenistic one i am thinking of.

James_M wrote:
thanks mark.. not to get into a discussion on voc, but i thought one of the versions on it was if it is in aspect to the sun as it is here, it is still technically in aspect, as opposed to voc?
There is no simple or short way to answer a question like that. But I do think many astrologers would probably regard this as VOC or at least going so once it crossed the sign boundary into Capricorn. In particular when the Moon's separating orb to the Sun ends it forms no new applying aspect. It will then go void. At least following Lilly's moeity orbs. Using fixed medieval orbs (Sahl) the Moon just manages to pick up a sextile to Venus but this is not a reciprocal aspect (ie both planets are not conjoined in each others orbs). So yes there are many other views out there. As always in astrology!

Mark

PS Happy to chat on PM but I feel further discussion here would take us off on too much of a tangent.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly