Football January 2015

This last weekend all 'regular' teams seemed to do well with straight wins and attracted an odds of 170:1. Here is the pick and the results:

ManC-Arsenal 0-2 odds: 4,39
WestHam - Hull 3-0 odds: 1,73
AstonVilla - Liverpool 0-2 odds: 1,87
Leicester - Stoke 0-1 odds: 2,96
QPR - ManU 0-2 odds: 1,60
Swansea - Chelsea 0-5 odds: 1,53
Tottenham - Sunderland 2-1 odds: 1,57

Games I didn't want to consider:
Burnley - Crystal P 2-3 odds: 3,10
Newcastle Southampton 1-2 odds: 2,62

7 of the 9 Premier League were also away wins. This is interesting, too.
Pick out these weeks tht appear to show a high level of predictability and you are running. Here are the details of the game in Manchester on Jan 18:

ManC - Arsenal, 16.00 GMT
Asc 25CN02, MC 25PI05, Moon 2CP21, POF 29GE09
Day Sun, Hour Saturm - not radical
The Moon, L1, is detriment, cadent and waning.
The lord of the Hour, Saturn, casts his antiscia to the Sun in the 7th, whom he disposes. The Sun is inconjunct POF, which also is the 'long shot' - but really, it is not suprizing that Arsenal had the capacity to contest ManC.
http://www.astronor.com

On Monday, 19. January there was a one-off in the Permier League, where Everton met WestBrom in a 0-0 event. This was the 250'th Everton draw in the Premier League history. Only Aston Villa has played more draws with 266.

Everton - WestBrom, 20.00 GMT
Odds: 1,83 3,53 4,61
Asc 6VI36, MC 28TA10, Moon 19CP26, POF 26LE37
Day Moon Hour Moon - radical by triplicity

Primarily this seems to be an example of where radicality by triplicity provided a draw. Mars, L4, is angular in the chart together with Neptune.

What a Saturday in the FA Cup!!

Chelsea - Bradford 2-4, Odds: 19:1
ManC - Middlesbrough 0-2, Odds: 10:1

Gathering an incredible 190:1 ! :o

The games both started at 15.00 GMT together with a number of other games. Day Saturn, Hour Sun - was not radical with the Cancer Asc. The Moon in the first degree of Aries in a semi-square to the retrograde Mercury in Aquarius!? In London, Saturn cast a sesqui-quadrate to the Ascendant. Some remarkable results across the scoreboard today!

Hi, Andrew,

The hour ruler actually was Mars but not the Sun. The Sun ruled hour only in Norwich (a Mercury ruled city) which lost to Brentford (Mars) in Championship because of being aversion to the rising sign, partile inconjucnt Fortune and bad reception with the Sun, the ruler of the hour, and Mars, the ruler of Brentford. Note that Birmingham, another Mercury ruled team, was defeated by WBA (Mercury/Moon ruled team). When both malefics rule the time and are in hard aspect, there is always trouble.

Both Manchester City and Chelsea appear to be under the rulership of Cancer. It is tested and works out pretty well. The Moon before perfecting her sextile with the Sun (with reception), the dispositor of Jupiter (Chelsea - blue), was first applying from Aries, the fall of Saturn, by trine to Saturn (lord of 7th and 8th) in Sagitarius. Saturn is aversion to ASC. I always look at the receptions between the ruler and the planet to which it applies. Bad receptions harm favourites, for underdogs they are neutral or even beneficial if the significator is weak but a malefic is in a strong place.

I look also at the 12th part of the IC degree and see in which term it falls. If it is ruled by a malefic, happens to be in the 8th from fortune (whole sign), in a bad house (aversion to ASC), or a malefic cast its rays within the bound, it is always bad for favourite. I note always the position of the significator from the 12 th part of the IC degree and see where it is, the 8th whole sign from the place of the 12 th part of the IC degree is always bad. I consider receptions between the ruler of the bound of the 12th part of the IC degree and significator. Bad receptions harm favourites. For underdogs their are neutral.
In both cases the 12 th part of the IC degree was afflicted and the primary significators (Jupiter for Chelsea and Venus for Manchester City) where in bad place from it.

Note that from the bad reception between the Moon and Saturn also sufferred Tottenham (a Saturn/Capricorn ruled team).

Planetary hour: According to which house system you are using. I am applying Regiomontanus, not Placidus. My apologies for not specifying this.
Either way, I did not have a prediction. Just trying to get the topic up for discussion.

Who on Earth proposed Chelsea to be ruled be Cancer? :shock:

Who
on Earth proposed Chelsea to be ruled be Cancer? Shocked

You must have my table for Premier League, where in the column "City rulers and notes" it is mentioned that Chelsea is under Cancer influence. The same is stated with respect to Manchester City. It is well tested and I have no doubts that it is correct. This notwithstanding I use Jupiter as primary significator of Chelsea because of blue colour and their nickname the "Blues", and Venus as primary significator of Manchester City because of sky blue colour.

I use Placidus for determining the hour because it is based on dividing the respective simiarcs in equal portions of time (hours) which make the respective cusps.

Aw, Janis! I thought you would have remembered. I've been member of Skyscript for soon 10 years now and it's years since I proposed the Cancer rulership of Chelsea, explaination why. So there no argument. It's just that people forget where things come from. :(

I also introduced the question of radicality to football matches, together with a outline of the various combinations. This study has not proven fool-proof, but it was intended to be a consideration together with other factors. The introduction of thiis technique goes back to when Ficina was moderator. Having introduced the approach I have also explained why I thought planetary hours should follow the house system, and not simply be based upon a division of time. So in that way I am entitled to apply the technique as I intended. Ficinia pointing out that I should specify when I varied th hour according to the hour system, which I did not do in this case. I most cases it is easier for me to view the planetary hour by the Sun's position by house, rather than introduce the additional calculations. I still think that house and hour should go hand in hand.

I also strongly wanted the details for every match quoted after a certain formula, to make the discussion of every game more tidy. This idea didn't quite catch on. I don't know why. Different approaches, different requirements, maybe.

Unfortunately, nothing much has happened in the football department the last half year, and there will probably have to be an effort if the study group is going to be put back together again. One way is offering a report on generalities, another one is delivering a study of specifics. Can we find some sort of formula for a structured study from here on?

The work you have put in to the tables of the leagues is an admirable contribution in the right direction. :'

Aw, Janis! I thought you would have remembered. I've been member of Skyscript for soon 10 years now and it's years since I proposed the Cancer rulership of Chelsea, explaination why. So there no argument. It's just that people forget where things come from. Sad
Yes, I remembered that you had proposed the Cancer rulership of Chelsea. I am not sure if I have read the explanation why. Actually I was wondering why you appeared to be questining it. Independently on you, based on my observations for a couple of years (I have been looking for the Moon's ingress in the stakes of Cancer and Taurus - Scorpio axis), I introduced it in my table for Premier League. I have noticed that such ingresses alone have much to do with Chelsea's successes and upsets. My explanation why Chelsea appears to be ruled by Cancer is my experience.

I use Placidus which, in my opinion, is the easiest way to spot the planetary hour by the Sun's position. Actually, I rejected Regiomontanus based on my personal experience because I noticed the negative effect of a planet right on the Placidus 8th cusp appears to be stronger than on the Regiomontanus 8th cusp. In fact, I am using whole-signs.

Well, I agree that there should be a formula (a minimum standart) to follow.

I suggest to include 1) odds, stastics (form and head-to-head), and place in table; 2) colour of kits and astrological signification (such as Jupiter for blue, Saturn for black, Mars for red, etc), 3) suggested rulership of sign (like Manchester City is Cancer if there is a suggestion); 4) coordinates of the venue and time; 5) degrees of the angles, the Moon and fortuna; 6) the day and hour ruler; 6) the Moon's aspects within an orb of 5 degrees; 7) prediction (win, draw or lose, favourite wins - underdog scores and like; I would not suggest such predictions as Chelsea wins or draws against Leicester, for example; the way round - a double chance for Leicester would be an appropriate prediction).

Of course, there should be an astrological reasoning why a default judgement in favour of a favourite is also acceptable since we do not need to find a testimony that the favourite wins, but we need to find a one that it will not.

I would like also Konrad to be involved in the study since he proposed to look at the 12 th part of the IC degree. From my short experience with the 12 th part of the IC degree I can say that makes a significant difference whether it falls in good terms or bad terms, are aspected by benefics or malefics.

Janis Valkovskis wrote:
Who
on Earth proposed Chelsea to be ruled be Cancer? Shocked

You must have my table for Premier League, where in the column "City rulers and notes" it is mentioned that Chelsea is under Cancer influence.
I would suggest that Chelsea is ruled by Leo:

The club badge is a Lion, their strap line is 'the Pride of London', their home ground is in "Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea", and their kit colour is royal blue. Even the manager refers to himself as 'the special one'.
Verum e

I agree with Janis that the coordinates of the ground would be a help, especially with some non-UK clubs where the name is not the same as the town it is in. I have had trouble at times with some of Andrew's Norwegian teams :)

There seem to be two types of prediction, as has been suggested. First the result of a specific match, particularly where there is something interesting in the chart worth noting for the future. Secondly general issues that affect a number of matches. The FA Cup matches this weekend are worth noting. The Cup often produces unexpected results, but not on this scale. Is there some common factor that has caused this?

I wonder if FA Cup matches require a different approach. A loss ends the team's involvement, whereas a loss in a normal league match does not have that effect.

Prediction is good and fun, but analysis after the match, as we have seen here for the Cup matches, can be very useful. We know the result, can we explain it? Even better, are there factors we could then test on future matches?

Finally, there was a peculiarity in the Cambridge Utd v Manchester Utd match that we should note. For Cambridge, the draw was better than a win. The replay at Manchester will give Cambridge a share of the gate receipts. television fees, etc. It is estimated that Cambridge will get about ?1.25 Million. This is more than their income for a whole season and will transform their finances. Of course, winning the replay would be even better for them :)

Note, several of the cup matches the last days started late with up to a 15 minute delay. I can't recall which game without going through it, but noticed at the time.

The Aston-Villa - Bournemouth game today at 15.00 GMT has Asc 18CN17 and Saturn is sesqu-quadrate the Asc again. The Moon is this time sextile retrograde Mercury and not semi-square like yesterday. However, the chart shows the hour of the Moon according to Regiomontanus and would prove the chart radical, whilest Placidus cusps put the Sun in the 8th and would make it the hour of Mercury. Here the chart would not be radical, unless by the sextile between the Moon, L1, and Mercury, LHr.

Villa often do well in the FA and have gone to the semi's in several occasions. Bournemouth are topping the Championship. This is an exciting game!