Was I a Turk in my last life?

I have been interested in re-incarnation and karma many years before I became involved with Astrology. I have had this urge to go and live in Turkey for a number of years now. I drew this chart with the question of the post. I don't know which houses I should be looking for. Could it be house 9? The chart is radical and the hour ruler is Venus and the Ascendant is Libra which is also my Sun's sign. However the Moon is Void of course and the ascendant is in Via combusta. I will endeavor to post the chart up here but it will take me some time as you all know I have the greatest difficulty f courseoing so. Surely to God this is a legitimate question for someone in my position to ask. I have in the past had difficulties with using a dousing pendulum for some unknown reasons.That was of course long before I was interested in Astrology. I am more likely to find any answers to serious questions using Horary rather than trusting in unconscious muscle movements in my hand and fingers. The time of this inquiry was 18 Jan 2015 at 0.48.45' Edinburgh 55N57 003W13.
Asc 23.53 Libra, Venus 18.02 Aquarius House 9 cusp 18.47 Gemini so foreign country would be Mercury at 15.54 Aquarius. Which there is no aspect. However they are in term and face and triplicty and term.

As there is no house I know of to represent either re-incarnation or Karma.
can anyone give pointers?

Stan

Re: Was I a Turk in my last life?

stanstar wrote:I have been interested in re-incarnation and karma many years before I became involved with Astrology. I have had this urge to go and live in Turkey for a number of years now. I drew this chart with the question of the post. I don't know which houses I should be looking for. Could it be house 9? The chart is radical and the hour ruler is Venus and the Ascendant is Libra which is also my Sun's sign. However the Moon is Void of course and the ascendant is in Via combusta. I will endeavor to post the chart up here but it will take me some time as you all know I have the greatest difficulty f courseoing so. Surely to God this is a legitimate question for someone in my position to ask. I have in the past had difficulties with using a dousing pendulum for some unknown reasons.That was of course long before I was interested in Astrology. I am more likely to find any answers to serious questions using Horary rather than trusting in unconscious muscle movements in my hand and fingers. The time of this inquiry was 18 Jan 2015 at 0.48.45' Edinburgh 55N57 003W13.
Asc 23.53 Libra, Venus 18.02 Aquarius House 9 cusp 18.47 Gemini so foreign country would be Mercury at 15.54 Aquarius. Which there is no aspect. However they are in term and face and triplicty and term.

As there is no house I know of to represent either re-incarnation or Karma.
can anyone give pointers?

Stan
Interesting question.

NCGR Turkey has some help for you:
http://www.ncgr-turkey.com/astrology_an ... nation.htm

Spica rises in your Horary and there is a very strong Libra stellium in Turkish National chart.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/turkey.php

This could explain your sympathies/empathy.
Try your natal horoscope matching with this Turkish chart and see if there are good correspondences and especially note the South node relations.

Istanbul has Libra rising as well :idea:

http://www.astrolojiokulu.com/eng/makale.php?MID=2975

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Istanbul_(Turkey)

Losing a referendum should not have got you this depressed :D

PD

pankajdubey many thanks Sir, there is a lot to read with the information you have given me. I am now going to bed and will certainly check all the information you have given me. I will post back to you when I wake up after having studied them.

Stan

pankajdubey I just noticed your last sentence about the Scottish referendum. I sense your humour too! Nothing to do with that fraudulent count of the English Establishment vote counters who were being told what the results should be.
BTW most elections in countries are done the same way.

Stan

Hello, stanstar!

My perception of reincarnation is completely unrelated to my philosophical/religious views (I would probably call myself non-religious) but, the idea of reincarnation has always resonated well with my general views of life and I could say that I have always believed in it. For this reason, I have read quite a few books about it. Obviously, I have also tried to get as many informations about the astrological techniques which tackle this topic but, apart from the joytish techniques that fall beyond my studies, I have not been able to find many useful texts. There is one technique that captured my attention awhile ago however, before I mention it, I wanted to mention something else; as you may have read or heard yourself, we are not always (or necessarily) drawn to the places where we used to live in our past lives. Occasionally, "recognisable" moments or objects can actually trigger negative feelings and repel us if negative emotions and "memories" are associated with them (negative past life experiences) because, it is expected that our reaction to the fragmented memories of stressful events is intense and instant. (That, of course, is not to say that we don't feel good when we recognise an environment in which we used to spend peaceful years. That being said, I may have spent a nice life in Turkey just as well :)).
In addition (and, this brings me closer to your original question)- even if we notice a strange feeling of either attachment or repulsion when placed in a specific environment and assume that our feelings are associated with a past life experience, we can't always know for certain whether these memories belong to the most recent past life.
For this reason, the techniques that teach us to analyse the past life inheritance that we bring into this life through the Moon's nodes,different lots or certain houses, fail to give us a broader picture of our past lives experiences.

There is one technique, however, that I have come across that might be helpful. This technique advises us to move the Ascendant into the 12th house and to count the houses from there only, this time, in clockwise direction (the 11th being the 2nd house etc.) You can read a brief description of the method on THIS page. I don't think I know who exactly established this approaach but, I believe that the approach is associated with Edgar Cayce. A few years ago I bought an electronic book dedicated to this method however, the document got lost when my old computer dropped dead. I'm now struggling to find the download page again but, as soon as I do, I'll let you know where the document can be found.

Cheers,

aglaya

Thank you Aglaya, that was an interesting article on turning the 12th house into the ascendant and counting the houses in a clockwise direction. Makes sense to me. Doberreiner had a technique of timing where he started at the ascendant and each house represented 7 yrs of our lives, going in a clockwise direction. You divide the number of degrees in each house by 7 and get the number of degrees equal to a year and divide these into 12 etc. With his method when we get back to the ascendant we are aged 84. In the month of October 1998 I had a creative flourish and wrote 15 stories for children. My stories were about a group of young bunny rabbits. When I had a look at the Doberreiner method of timing our lives, I counted all the degrees to the age I was at that month in my life and was thoroughly astonished at my findings. The timing pointer was exactly midpoint of my Mercury/Mars conjunction in Scorpio house 5. Think about it, House 5=children, creativity, Mercury=writing, Mars=energy, Scorpio= sex, underground. Bunny rabbits what are they famous for and where do they live? Aglaya my relocation chart for Istanbul changes 7 planets posited in angles where in my natal chart I have none. I have the same ascendant Cancer.

Stan

Hi Goran, thank you for your interesting post regarding Istanbul chart. I feel that the Cancer ascendant is correct. One of the most important things in the life of Istanbul is the food. Turkish food. Compared to Britain with its abundant choices of foreign restaurants Turkish people prefer their own food.

Stan

Stan,

Your natal Sun is conj the SN in Istanbul chart that is a very strong attachment.
This one is also an infatuation indicator and this is being activated in Nodal transit now.

Winston Churchil had Libra Asc,Libra Moon and NN in Libra-He was the first Lord of Admirality and bravely walked into Gallipoli.

PD

stanstar wrote:Hi pankajdubey which Istanbul chart are you referring to? Have you got my natal chart?

Stan
In either Istanbul chart the nodes are the same- libra or cancer asc.
You have mentioned your sun sign in your original post.I don't have your chart.

The chart is radical and the hour ruler is Venus and the Ascendant is Libra which is also my Sun's sign.
Pankaj

Hi Pankajdubey, you are correct Sir, my sun is 17.56deg Libra and Goren's Istanbul chart the SN is 18deg. At present the NN is 13deg Libra. In my relocation chart to Istanbul my Sat and Pluto are in H1, Nep, Sun, Merc, Mars and Jup are in H4 and Moon in H10.

Stan