Will Jack be accepted at school?

I did a chart this evening asking if my son Jack would be accepted into the summer program at a prominent music college in our city.

The chart was done in Brighton, MA at 71w09, 42n21 at 8:36 pm Eastern Standard Time.

I used Regiomantanis houses. Since Jack is my son I used the fifth house, but am I wrong in this? I don't remember if the middle son is represented by a different house, reserving the 5th for my first born. ??

The ninth house from the fifth representing the school is ruled by Mars. The moon hour is mercury, which I think is all right for an academic question.

Jupiter is in my eleventh house, and that would be the seventh from the fifth. The moon is my first house, or the ninth from the fifth, and Mars is in my third house, or the eleventh from the fifth. The moon is not aspecting Jupiter but is aspecting Mars with an approaching sextile. The next aspect that the moon makes is to Mars. Mars is approaching a trine with jupiter, but before it reaches jupiter it sextiles just about everything else.

Here is my question, as I seem to not be able to remember the answer. If I look at the chart as my chart, then jupiter is in my eleventh house, mars is in my third, and that is a very joyful chart. Does this apply in this question about Jack?

Anyway, I think this gives a positive answer, but as always, I am way too close to this question. I am surely rooting for the kid, but he is only in his second year of high school, and has a long way to go, so maybe it isn't a "yes" answer. I guess what I mean is that it doesn't have to be a "yes", but I'd like it to be.

If anyone has a comment or can see something I missed, please jump in.
Debra

Have Jack get in school ?

I am curious if get is already is school, what was the result ?

I think that we should get things simple, so we don?t have to turn the chart, the AC is yourself, Jack is the Lord of 5th, school is Lord of 9th. That`s because your life and the life your son?s conect... but it is just my guess.

Unfortunatelly, I think that Jack will not get it this time, because the aspect between Jupiter and Moon are separating, and there is no colection or tranlation that I could see between them.

If somebody has some insight about it, I would like to see it.
Yuzuru

John Frawley

I just reminded that John Frawley had an similar example in skyscript www.skyscript.co.uk/timing.html
This querent was desperate for her son to be accepted into a school - a prospect that was looking increasingly unlikely. Her ambitions to place him in a private school had excluded him from the acceptable state school options, while he had been turned down from the private school she wanted, for reasons which she believed were unsound. The boy had an entrance exam at another school, and an appeal at the school desired, both on named dates. How would he fare?
His significator is the ruler of the fifth house, Jupiter. The schools are shown by the ninth and its ruler, the Moon. The first exam was on the 18th of May. By transit, the Moon, Lord 9, was on the 5th cusp on that day. This is a positive testimony, but there was no mutual reception with Lord 5. At this school the boy passed satisfactorily, but with no scholarship. The appeal at the second school was due on August 10th. On that day, the boy's significator, Jupiter, transits the ninth cusp, where, it being in Cancer, it is exalted - so the boy is there and is highly thought of. Would he get the scholarship? Yes. And so it proved.

Hope that helps
Yuzuru

Yuzuru,

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I like the simple way of doing it better than complicating the whole chart.

Given what you have said, and looking at the Frawley chart, I have to agree. It doesn't look like Jack will be accepted to the summer program. Maybe next year.

We will know for certain in two weeks. I will let you know the final outcome.

Thank you again.
Debra

This chart has the Moon void of course in Sagittarius. Usually the Moon void of course denies a positive outcome, but being in Sagittarius, she might perform somehow, as Lilliy says. Bu this depends on the rest of the chart, right?
As in John Frawley's example, the school is represented by the 9th house, its ruler is the Moon. Saturn in the 9th in square with the Sun from the 5th (the son) spells difficulties.
5th house ruler, Jupiter, is retrograde. Mercury (eduction, learning) is also retrograde in the 5th house.
So, the chart's answer is 'No'.

Interesting horary. Frawley's example chart was very helpful.

I have the moon in this chart at 0 degress and 57 minutes in Sag. I don't see how the moon is void of course? If you could explain I would appreciate it. Also, the only retro planets I see are Jup and Pluto.

The moon in the first is applying next to Mars in the third with a sextile, then Mer, Ven and the Sun all in the fifth with a trine.

I do see Sat in the ninth, and it is square to retro Jup in the eleventh. But after the moon touches the Sun the Moon then goes to retro Jup with a sextile.

I am calling this a negative because of the Saturn in the ninth squaring retro Jupiter in the eleventh. But then I wonder about the retro Jup seeming to retreat from the square with Saturn. But Saturn is upset being in Cancer. And following Frawley's example, the Moon on the day of the audition, April 1, was in Taurus in the seventh house. I just can't find any relationships with the Moon here with the other planets, even though the moon likes being in Taurus and it does sextile Saturn.

I guess we are all calling this a "no" regardless of how we interpret it.

I really do appreciate all of your input. Thank you.
Debra

If a querent is asking about one of their children, if doesn't matter in what order they were born (first, last, middle, whatever), its usual to assign them to the 5th house.

I imagine someone has suggested this rule as a way to differentiate between several children - ie, in questions such as "which of my children will get married first?"

sorry

Sorry to hear it, Debra, when the answer is bad, I always hope the Horary chart is wrong :?
But there is always next time :brows

I believe horary is an example of the saying: "god always answer the prayers, even if just to say no"

Yuzuru