Hi, James!

I have to say that I find this person's 10th house rather intriguing. Strong Sun on MC always has my attention. :)
He is ruled by Mars placed inside the 8th which could have something to do with finances however, I'd be more inclined to say that he is a soldier (Bare in mind, I didn't study the entire chart very thoroughly). Mars is badly placed inside Cancer but, at the same time, he the ruler of the triplicity by day and night there - I made a short study a few years ago; as it turns out, some of the most appreciated athletes of the 20th century have their Mars in Cancer. So, if unafflicted, I'd actually treat such Mars as a potential carrier of the best martian traits in a chart. The ruler of the Ascendant placed inside the 8th could be suggesting that the person is focused onto deadly activities, death or misery and poverty in general. Cancer rules masses and nations, Mars is heavily aspected and most of the planets that are brought into an aspect with him are sitting on the cusp of the 11th which could be indicative of humanitarian aid or help for children. Moreover, Venus, also on the 11th cusp, rules the 12th (prisons, hospitals etc.). His 10th ruler is very dignified inside the 9th (foreign countries, distant travel etc.), conjunct Pluto (catastrophes, misery again) and it naturally rules authority. So, we are potentially talking about someone who is in command of something and a highly ranked person.
The presence of the Moon (women, tradition etc.) on MC is again suggesting that his profession has a lot to do with the 9th house matters as the Moon rules the 9th (I don't use equal houses myself which is why this part is a bit hard to crack).

Cheers,

aglaya

thanks aglaya,

i liked what you had to say..

regarding house systems - sometimes they overlap whereby 2 house systems have some of the same sign cusps.. i like the ideas embedded in whole sign houses, but i prefer to look at the chart in equal house system with the midheaven as an important point on the chart. i am from the fanatical un-fanatical branch of using the concept of finding a system of houses incorporating the midheaven and ascendant, but lean towards the greater significance of the ascendant which equal house highlights more..

Oh, don't worry about it, often, it's not even about the houses- sometimes I have trouble deciphering a chart made in a new program as well. The power of habbit!

The person is a male, right? He should be 63 now (born in August 1951.)

>Hi, A. H. Cats!

Whilst I applaud your effort to pinpoint the exact date of birth and determine the mystery person's identity with it, I can't help but to say that the point of mystery charts is not a forensic analysis but rather the astrological practice. That said, narrowing down the moments of the greatest danger for an individual by using astrological methods i a much better tool for practice than comparing what we already know (the date) to what we already see (the chart).
I assume that james_m planned to reveal the data eventually himself, but after he has allowed the participants to practice their knowledge on this chart.
Please, don't get me wrong here but, revealing the "end of the story" spoils the fun a bit in such cases; as a participant in the discussion and as someone who finds this chart a very interesting mystery chart task, I would have much rather heard your impressions on the chart. I doubt james_m didn't know whom this chart belongs to. :)

Cheers,

aglaya
Last edited by aglaya on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for your comments Aglaya

I've removed the spoilers so that the discussion can continue amongst those who want to enter into the spirit of the exercise - it's not to show that you can use the internet to find out who this is - it's an opportunity for us to explore a chart together, with the realisation there are no prizes (or losses) except the opportunity to pick up some valuable chart experience.

i haven't been paying close attention to skyscript, so i am sorry if i missed something.. but, the idea was to learn some astrology, as opposed to whatever happened that i missed! what a drag if indeed some buffoon decided to tell us who it was beforehand.. it is completely contrary to the purpose of the thread.. thanks for deleting whatever was posted..

I thought of adding a few more comments but, now that I know the identity of the mystery person, I don't think they'd sound objective. However, I'm looking forward to reading other members' opinions and readings.
You picked a really intriguing chart, james_m! I'll surely go back to it- it's got a very dramatic 10th house which makes it a great study case!

the chart is that of christophe de margerie's which was gotten off the data on this link - http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Chr ... e_Margerie

here is a wikpedia page on him - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christophe_de_Margerie

here is a better personal bio on him - https://fortune.com/2014/10/21/christop ... ane-crash/

he is referred to as 'the face of french business' in the article immediately above. he was given the moniker "big moustache" which was the result of the furry moustache that created a more striking image of the man.

the sun in leo is the light of sect - strong by sign and elevated in the chart raising his prominence for a number of astrological reasons, the first which i believe has to do with the trine within exactness of 1 degree to jupiter in aries, which also acts as a spear bearer for the sun in leo. jupiter is in a commanding square to natal mars - the ascendant ruler, and takes on an important role in this chart. as a young person he was very much into sports - perhaps this is emphasized by the ascendant ruler trine the ascendant from the 9th, or the square of mars to jupiter - and is said to have wanted to be a racing car driver when he was young. mars, the ascendant ruler favourably aspects the midheaven degree and many of the planets in the pragmatic sign of virgo on the midheaven.

that he was a gifted business man would seem to be supported in many of the planets clustered around the midheaven in virgo.. the moon in virgo applies to a close conjunction of saturn which is well placed by being part of the diurnal sect in a diurnal chart. moon on the midheaven angle also seems to indicate a degree of popularity and a human touch for any career and work activities he would find himself in.

his parents where prominent individuals within french society, which is also suggested by the strength of the 4th/10th house rulers - jupiter and mercury, and these planets in the midheaven angle as i see it..

in many ways i think jupiter is a pivotal planet to the chart, ruler of the 2nd and 5th ws houses and in the exact degree of the sun - it is interesting the idea of being in the exact degree or the concept of partial trine - as you are left to consider whether it is the number that is important, or the fact that the sun and jupiter are within a degree of each other.. i tend to think the later.

much of his life in later years seems to have been taken up in traveling to foreign countries where he is said to have been very well received, especially in the case of his last days where he had met with the russian president prior to the plane accident. this is supported by sun in the area of the 9th, while the ruler of the 3/9 houses land on the midheaven angle..i suppose it is also supported by the ascendant ruler in the 9th ws houses trine the ascendant as well.. obviously he was a fairly colourful character willing to take chances in the business world based on good business instincts and political and business savvy..

in this chart jupiter is stationary retro - 2 day window.. venus is stationary direct - 6 day window. this would seem to emphasize venus especially as it is so close to the midheaven degree and also stationary about to go direct. i tend to believe stationary planets take on a more prominent role in any chart they are found. i use a 6 day window for creating the awareness of stationary planets on my solar fire software. aside from my thinking jupiter is especially prominent - the only planet in the opposite hemisphere, exact trine the sun in leo and etc. etc., clearly venus is prominent by it being the closest planet to the midheaven.. venus is in the sign virgo and of the opposite sect and rules the 7th and 12th houses to the scorpio ascendant. he was married with 3 children. it is hard to find much of a personal bio on him, but that much i do know. perhaps some others here could offer there views on what the prominence of venus in this chart suggests to them.

a few other comments on the chart.. the business acumen would also be supported by mercury up in the vicinity of the midheaven and ruler of the midheaven, which is also ruler of the 8th whole sign house..

below is a chart for the time of the plane crash which i got off a site at the time of this event..

a couple of comments on this chart as it relates back to the natal chart are in order. these are observations on the transit data.. the event ascendant is on the degree of natal sun. the event midheaven is square the degree of natal mars. event jupiter is conjunct natal pluto. event pluto square natal uranus. event uranus is conjunct natal jupiter.. all of these aspects are within 1 degree of exactness..

perhaps the most interesting from a modern astrologers point of view would be the fact that the natal sun/pluto conjunction in the 9th house using placidus and most house systems is being highlighted so closely via the event ascendant/jupiter rising..

using midpoints, event mercury is 45 the pluto/midheaven midpoint.

adult image hosting