Ebola Outbreak

Does anyone have a view on the astrology behind current ebola outbreak?

I am inclined to the idea that the unexpected spread of the virus is tied to the grand trine between Uranus, Jupiter and Mars and the signs concerned.
( With Mars having first made a conjunction with Saturn in Scorpio creating the deadly situation).

I am also interested to watch its development in the light of a) the Mercury retrograde back into Libra and more importantly the eventual advancement of Mars into Capricorn. The question I ask myself is does the move from Sagittarius into Capricorn just reduce the potential for global spread or does it cause consolidation of the disease into the city structures etc?

I don't know the answers but I think we might be able together to identify some likely developments
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

hi amelia,

good question! i don't believe any one factor can answer this question, but since i have followed those german astrologers who made the association with saturn/neptune axis and sickness, i have followed this axis closely for anything connected to sickness.

the saturn/neptune midpoint has had pluto on the direct midpoint over the course of much of this year within a 1 -2 degree span.

the sa/ne midpoint has been located from about 11 cap 48 to 14 cap for most of the year up until november. during november/december it moves from 14 cap 22 to 18 cap 01..

on this page is a handy midpoint ephemeris which allows you to see this.
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm#midp

meanwhile plutos position has been from 11 cap to 13 cap 34 for the duration of 2014..

all in all, i think pluto @ the saturn/neptune midpoint big astro factor for ebola. among the meanings given in ebetin's midpoint book cosi - 'a serious illness' is one of them for this combination..

just how much the other factors - sign position of saturn in scorpio - scary type death awareness, neptune in pisces - hard to diagnose contagion, and pluto on the midpoint - it is hard to quantify, but i think this is hitting on it.

Recent Eclipse

Hi there - the recent lunar eclipse, although not visible in West Africa, has Mars rising through Monrovia, the capital of Liberia. This country is currently struggling to contain the disease and has experienced the most deaths.

Chart removed as too big for forum (Moderator)

Mars is at the midpoint of Pluto and Saturn, and a range of other midpoints in the chart. Ebertin gives the meaning 'necessity to fight for one's life or existence' to MA=SA/PL. AS=SA/PL is described as 'mourning, seperation and bereavement' in Ebertin's Combination of Stellar Influences.

The eclipse, set for Monrovia, constellates the grand fire trine you have referred to with a high degree of accuracy for this place. To me, the grand trine in fire seems to symbolise the very high risk of rapid spread of a viral haemorrhagic fever, Mars being associated with illnesses of this nature.

Jupiter, Moon and Uranus give associations with swiftness, acutness and speed and rapid spread or expansion of the reach of the disease. Moon is associated with body fluids, the vehicle through which the disease is spread. Mars is also closely semisquare Mercury, another planet you have referred to in your posting.

A positive indication that this outbreak of Ebola may be contained is that the MC=SO/JU=MO/JU. So you have the grave difficulty of MA=SA/PL combined with the more hopeful indications MC=SO/JU=MO/JU all on the same midpoint. Ebertin gives SO/JU to 'health, joy, recognition'. Ebertin also gives this midpoint to indications of wealth.

Of course this is little comfort to the people in West Africa at the moment who are suffering. However, we must hope that an urgent response by the wider world will contain the disease, perhaps with lessons learnt for the future management of outbreaks. It seems to me that nations more fortunate (SO/JU) than those in West Africa must help.

The full midpoint range associated with these degrees in mid-mutables and early fixed is as follows:

Jup/Ura 30 49' 15 Gem 49'
Ven/Sat 30 59' 00 Sco 59'
Sun/Jup 31 07' 16 Vir 07'
Mon/Jup 31 07' 16 Gem 07'
Sat/Plu 31 09' 16 Sag 09'
=Mer= 31 26' 01 Sco 26'
=Mar= 31 56' 16 Sag 56'
Mar/Asc 32 07' 17 Sag 07'
=Asc= 32 17' 17 Sag 17'
Mar/MC 32 24' 02 Sco 24'
Asc/MC 32 35' 02 Sco 35'
Sat/Ura 32 52' 02 Aqu 52'
=MC = 32 52' 17 Vir 52'
Sun/Sat 33 10' 03 Sco 10'
Mon/Sat 33 10' 03 Aqu 10'
Jup/NNo 33 12' 18 Vir 12'

The range is about 2 1/2 degrees.

Chart removed as too big for forum (Moderator)
Last edited by astralwanderer on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

astralwanderer,

do you think you can reformat or post the chart so that it doesn't mess up the whole screen? you may be able to choose an option "posting an image to a message board" to see if that works..

Possibly not that profound or original but I wonder if this outbreak could be linked to the presence of Saturn in Scorpio?

Its noteable we had Saturn in Scorpio during the first public awareness of Aids. Before that Saturn was in Scorpio in the early 1950's when the incidence of Polio reached a peak in many countries before preventative medicine was available.

The characteristic all these epidemics/diseases had in common was the state of fear and panic these outbreaks generated in society at the time.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi mark,
i think it is very relevant. fear of death is given an opportunity with this type of disease and the idea of there being no cure.. your astro ideas are on target.

i have some things to say on the charlie hebdo event, but am traveling in malaysia right now and unable to properly give them here. rocko made some interesting observations in a post from december that i would like to see ollow up on when i get back, end of the month.. i am surprised you or someone else hasn"t taken this up!
cheers james

I had analyzed the Hybrid Solar Eclipse of November 2013 according to the methodology laid out in Dykes (Astrology of the World I) as an indicator of Ebola in West Africa last year;
https://cosmophage.wordpress.com/2014/1 ... r-eclipse/
(originally posted to www.organic-astrology.com)
while the initial event timing seemed to qualify the chart, the transitory nature of a Hybrid TSE leaves local timing off a bit I've come to believe, unless the current uptick in cases in Guinea breaks out again within the next few months I missed the mark.
Great exercise though!
A very interesting point was the path of the eclipse viewed with the path of infection in West Africa.
Western Predictive Astrology by Estebon Duarte Independent Researcher AMA MACAA
Natal Chart & Annual Solar Revolution Reports
www.organic-astrology.com

Mark wrote:Possibly not that profound or original but I wonder if this outbreak could be linked to the presence of Saturn in Scorpio?

Its noteable we had Saturn in Scorpio during the first public awareness of Aids. Before that Saturn was in Scorpio in the early 1950's when the incidence of Polio reached a peak in many countries before preventative medicine was available.

The characteristic all these epidemics/diseases had in common was the state of fear and panic these outbreaks generated in society at the time.

Mark
AIDS was strongly Saturn [government] in Scorpio [fear.]
- The Grim Reaper PSA ads run by The Australian government. Probably the most extreme and famous AIDS PSA of all time. It showed a group of Grim Reapers in a bowling alley bowling away people as the bowling pins. It's still on YouTube
- Tragic case of Eve Van Grafhorst, an Australian girl who got AIDS from a blood transfusion. Australian society went hysterical and she had to move to New Zealand because Oz people even though that being next door to her would give you AIDS. Praise to NZ; shame on Oz.

I studied the history of medicine at University. The course content on Ebola was laughable; it was a left wing Hollywood bashing exercise that said that Ebola was a media construct.

Ebola should scare the life out of anyone. Because what the course SHOULD have said [ if I had written it] was that plague had about a dozen small outbreaks, over centuries, before the Black Death. I have to look at Ebola in the same way. Small but horrific outbreaks. Again and again. I can only see a world wide out break as inevitable. It's a matter of time. Just like plague fizzled out about a dozen times. Technically plague continued until the 1950's. There was even an outbreak in Australia in the early 1900's that killed about 50 people.

-

Thanks Tanit,

I appreciate that this is a side issue but as we are on the topic of pandemics I wondered if you had any views on the Black Death and whether it was really caused by bubonic plague or by some other unknown variety of hemorrhagic fever?

I recently got a chance to rewatch on PBS the BBC ''Timewatch'' documentary from 2004 entitled 'The Mystery of The Black Death'

I was surprised to find that so many scholars in that show challenged the orthodox notion that the Black Death was caused by bubonic plague transmitted through Europe by rats and their fleas to humans.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875520/pl ... _=tt_ov_pl

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Mark - I am sorry, I missed your post earlier. I wasn't able to locate a free online video of that episode to get an idea of their arguments. It is easy to find fault with paleomicrobiology because they simply lack a lot of evidence. I am not a history buff and don't claim to be an expert on this particular subject, but I do know the recording you posted was a bit early for more current molecular and bioinformatics methods, and there have since been many studies that have concluded that the Black Death was caused by Yersinia pestis, but I do think most scientists would say that rats alone as the disease vectors would not be sufficient (that everyone was getting bit by fleas and then passing the bacterium on to others in close contact). In many cases, if someone has the bubonic form of the disease from a rodent or other organism, they could transmit that form to others and their condition can become pneumonic, though, which is more deadly and contagious. So, it is possible that both forms contributed to disease. As far as I know, there is no strong indication the Black Death would have been caused by another organism, such as Bacillus anthracis, which has very similar symptoms (including the buboes, and also pneumonic forms). However, since there is not a lot of data to go off of, it is entirely possible that the Black Death could have been a period of more than one disease being a problem. I will say though that the infection can spread to others fairly easily and there have even been cases in recent years of infected dogs getting owners and vet staff infected. It has a very wide mammalian host range. You can imagine that many people during that time period were around warm blooded animals on a regular basis, or ate them (if undercooked it can possibly cause illness) that might have been infected. Obviously, unclean water, sewage/refuse could have been an issue also - body fluids are another route of infection. The organism has been examined from strains that are thousands of years old and they often share many similarities, including the ability to make a biofilm in arthropods (fleas), allowing them to infect many warm blooded animals. It seems like the most logical explanation is that it did cause this Black Death and it would be odd for some unknown highly virulent organism to have persisted for a short time and disappear completely, especially if it did infect other animals besides people.

Hello Tanit and Mark,

I have recently joined this forum and am still unfamiliar with the etiquette of joining conversations (this is my first post). I was drawn by the subject matter as landscapes of disease has been an interest for some decades.

One source that has been most useful for me is -
https://contagions.wordpress.com/

Indeed, the AIDS campaign in Australia from the 80s was quite sobering. It is a wonder that there are natal charts from that era to even study! I
had noticed heavy Virgo stelliums in a small handful of women's charts I was looking at for other reasons, yet had forgotten about the "beds" campaign and the way it weaved through our free-spirited psyches.

Amaranthus