Hi Paul

I think that Virgo and the 9th house describe the job very well.
Administration in a school. Virgo being mutable, it is job which "comes and goes" ie it's not full time, and it's freelance.
Looking at the condition of Venus, she is in several of her dignities but also in fall. When I see a combination like that, I think of a tragic hero. Someone or something that has many fine points but cannot recognise a major flaw which will be their undoing.

In this case, as I mentioned, the school are considering a change in their status which I do not think will be of major benefit to them in the long run.
Looking at the dignities, they think they are very good... and indeed in many respects they are... but something they are ignoring, or do not recognise, inherent in their structure, will cause a fall.

L10 is is in detriment of L1. May not be a good idea to take the job even if it was offered?

PallasAthene wrote: I think that Virgo and the 9th house describe the job very well.
Administration in a school. Virgo being mutable, it is job which "comes and goes" ie it's not full time, and it's freelance.
Can I ask why you're using the 9th house for the job?

I thought it may be that you're using whole/equal houses, but then you seem to be using Venus as Lord 10 anyway.

Or do you mean because the job is in a school and you see schools as 9th house?

I look forward to when you reveal the outcome but would also be interested in the judgement you gave for the chart as well.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Paul wrote:
PallasAthene wrote: I think that Virgo and the 9th house describe the job very well.
Can I ask why you're using the 9th house for the job?

Or do you mean because the job is in a school and you see schools as 9th house?

I look forward to when you reveal the outcome but would also be interested in the judgement you gave for the chart as well.
Yes, I'm refering to the placement of L10 in the 9th house of education.
Also, it is a quasi-legal role, involving giving advice on current legislation in eduction. The 9th house really does fit well for the role.

Virgo in general is descriptive of administration and research and the Clerks attention to detail.

PallasAthene wrote: Yes, I'm refering to the placement of L10 in the 9th house of education.
Also, it is a quasi-legal role, involving giving advice on current legislation in eduction. The 9th house really does fit well for the role.

Virgo in general is descriptive of administration and research and the Clerks attention to detail.
Of course sorry, that was obvious! I was being stupid.

One of the things I was interested in when I looked at the horary was that Lord 10 is right at the top of the chart, equal 10th cusp (in other words quadrant Lord 10 is at equal house 10th, equal house lord 10 is at quadrant house 10th cusp).

For some reason it caused me to consider it in whole and equal. I lost sight of the more obvious!

Sorry for the delay, first opportunity I've had to update.

You have probably guessed, I did not get the job.
They clearly preferred the other candidate, .. the mutual reception and placement of L7 in 10th... and are in my detriment... so actively did not like me or did not recognise my skills.

The MR jumped out at me as soon as I saw the chart, even before I saw the applying moon aspect. So I was pretty sure the job would go to the competition.

However, I also notice that Mercury, L7, the other candidate, is applying to oppose Uranus. I do wonder if the story is not quite complete, something unexpected prevents them from taking the job or they leave quickly.

I will let you know if anything further develops in the future.

A good chart for reference!

Thanks for the feedback Pallas.

It's not as I had expected. Perhaps it's a good example of how a weak planet may not be able to receive.

What were your own thoughts on the horary out of interest? What was your own judgement?

Hi Paul
As stated, my eye was immediately drawn to the mutual reception by rulership between L10 and L7. That was enough for me to know that I stood little chance of securing the position as there was most definitely a preferred candidate.
If only all the love horaries showed such a beautiful relationship! : )

And this probably explains how much love is shared when two signifactors have mutual reception by Terms :D
PallasAthene wrote:I'll give you some more details.

There were only 2 candidates, apparently, me and someone else. I saw her on the way in and she "looked the part" of a Clerk. Mousy, tall, glasses.

I just thought that I'd let you all know that I met the successful candidate at a training session last week.

It turns that she is the existing clerk of the Trust mentioned below.
So, when this "fait accompli" is achieved she will be clerk of both organisations. And, therefore, I think it was already decided before I even went for the interview.

This made me think of Venus, the job, being in fall. ie not acting in a trustworthy manner. And Paul's comment that a planet in detriment or fall cannot receive.

The combustion of mercury (the other candidate) could be showing that this particular job won't exist in the near future.... because it will be the 2 jobs combined... or that mercury was operating "under the radar" as it were and was already, in effect, in place in the role.
PallasAthene wrote: The school is considering joining a Multi-Academy Trust.. a group of schools who share their funding budgets (and other operational items). It's a political move that I probably would not agree with. But I would not be paid to have an opinion! ........

Perhaps, since there were only 2 candidates, it's more of a contest chart?

Interesting chart, Pallas, and comiserations on not getting the job.

Just thought I'd offer my take on it as I use whole sign houses - so for me, job is L10, mercury. Mercury is separating from Lord 1 - so a 'no' but also interesting is the mutual disposition of mercury and venus, in fall so damaging and under the beams, so the real situation at play being kept hidden.

Moon exalted, you were a worthy candidate but due to no fault of your own - being in sixth house, rendered unable to act.