Therese Hamilton wrote: Yes, I have that book in hardback.
Oh!! Great!! ;)

I am researching the Drekkana and Horas and the images associated to them. Several astrology books have one chapter where they describe these images. It is fascinating to see how these images have been travelling around in late antiquity and middle ages(Egypt/Greece/India/Arab world/Europe )

I was wondering what were Pingree's notes on Chapters 2 and 3 of Yavanajataka. Do you see any way to get my eyes on them?

Ricardo Moola wrote:
I was wondering what were Pingree's notes on Chapters 2 and 3 of Yavanajataka. Do you see any way to get my eyes on them?
Unlike Pingree's commentary on other chapters, he summarized Chapters 2 and 3 in one brief paragraph:

"These chapters, which describe respectively the 24 Horas and the 36 Drekanas, have been discussed in detail in my article [...cited article...]. There I have shown that Y... described illustrations in the Greek manuscript which he was translating interpreting the figures in terms of the standard Indian iconography of Lakshmi and Shiva.

"I have also documented the derivation of these images from Greco-Egyptian prototypes (the Egyptian monumental representations of the Decans, it should be mentioned, are published in vol. 3 of O. Neugebauer and B.A. Parker, Egyptian Astronomical Texts; for the Horas see also [... H. G. Gundal text...]). And finally I have documented that Varamahira's description of the decans are derived from the Yavanajataka."

And that is all Pingree says in the commentary. I have not bothered to type the referenced works that Pingree mentioned.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm