Dying Eyebrows

I am a brow obsessed Aries who believes that the grooming and upkeep of eyebrows makes a huge difference to the overall look of the face.

My eyebrows are naturally thick but they appear too light in color for my liking. I could spend each time I do my makeup filling them in but to spare the effort I thought of the idea to start dying them darker and to repeat this treatment every few weeks or so to maintain a subtle tint.

The question that I have on my mind is vaguely along the lines of, "Will I like the look of my eyebrows if I dye them?"

If I were to cast a chart, I have no clue what to use as sigs other than to resort to Venus as natural symbolism for vanity, check to see how it matches up with the 1stH Lord via reception and to be wary of any afflictions from Mars which can cause blemishes, irritations and...burns? I'm thinking of giving henna dye a whirl, which I have never tried before and am not familiar with.

Some other opinions about this would be much appreciated.

Pre-thanks!
:)

Strange question. It strikes me it would be better suited as an electional chart rather than a horary. After all, only you can decide if you like something or not and with that in mind, the horary would only be showing you how easy or difficult the process itself would prove to be.

If you choose to go the electional route, avoid Saturn as it will makes things ugly, and try not to have your natal ASC afflicted. If you go horary, just follow the usual guidelines - Moon to benefics, unafflicted ASC lord etc. being a successful resolution, the opposite not.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

I have done similar questions from time to time on hairstyles and the like. I would look at the Ascendant, the 1st house, and the ruler of the 1st house, and where it's going (change of signs, applying aspects) to see if the change is a good one.

Nina
Nina Gryphon

ninagryphon.com
Your questions answered.

LOL, isn't it a strange question, Konrad? I do not want to go the election route because dying eyebrows isn't some big event. Its simply a question of whether or not I will like the result. I'm thinking Megan Fox inspired, not Pamela Anderson :-sk. I see Pamela Anderson eyebrows as akin to those suffering from that hair loss disease, "Allopecia", with all of their hair falling out, shedding, and having to wear wigs. It just...it doesn't look 'healthy' to me, and it ages the face, I think. Homegirl could use a sharpie or something for those brows, if you know what I mean.

Saturn, huh? Ah, I totally forgot about that, good tip!

And while I could just dye my eyebrows and then decide for myself, Saturngirl, I don't want them to turn out too dark and then hate it. I figure "forewarned is forearmed" as the saying goes.

Thank you both!

Thanks for adding your thoughts, ninotchka7

I use to try 'working' with Moon phases for hair care over a year or so ago. The Moon being in 'fertile' signs that didn't conflict and were complementary with the natal Moon's element seemed to work out best for growth. Although, it could have just been a pseudo effect and wanting to believe that I cracked a code in the cosmos, I'm not sure. If not with hair, this could be something to try with gardening to test to see if it works or not, I guess.

I did think about planets changes signs too but because planets aren't always about to change signs, I sort of tossed this as an idea. I think that the triplicity rulers of a significator changing can also show an improvement in appearance if not a planet that ingresses. Possibly only subtle, but still something.

What do you think?

I am a brow obsessed Aries who believes that the grooming and upkeep of eyebrows makes a huge difference to the overall look of the face.

My eyebrows are naturally thick but they appear too light in color for my liking. I could spend each time I do my makeup filling them in but to spare the effort I thought of the idea to start dying them darker and to repeat this treatment every few weeks or so to maintain a subtle tint.

The question that I have on my mind is vaguely along the lines of, "Will I like the look of my eyebrows if I dye them?"
As a woman I can relate to your dilemma and suggest you give it a go. As you say, the results quickly fade so it's no real problem if you don't get your colour shade perfect, and take it easy with the first tint - keep it effect gentle whilst you try it out.

As an astrologer - well, if you were a client, willing to pay me money to consider a chart for this, I would advise that having something vaguely on your mind about the shade of your eyebrows is not an appropriate question for horary. In your response to Konrad you say you don't want to use electional astrology because this does not concern "some big event". The fundamental premise of horary is that the question asked is one of real significance, asked after a period of sincere consideration by someone who has explored all practical means to resolve the problem or dilemma by more obvious means. Almost all of the great past practitioners warn against using horary to try to answer questions that are vague or trivial, one reason being that the chart will probably be weak in its symbolic significance and not clear to read, or reliable. It is your choice, but my view is that it is not good practice to use horary for matters that are not important enough to consider from an electional astrology perspective.

Free idea:

1- take a selfie.
2- Load it in the computer.
3.Open MS Paint/Photoshop.
4-Pick your favourite colour using colour picker.
5- use paintbrush to colour your eyebrows.
6- Say "cheese"

PD

Deb wrote:As an astrologer - well, if you were a client, willing to pay me money to consider a chart for this, I would advise that having something vaguely on your mind about the shade of your eyebrows is not an appropriate question for horary. In your response to Konrad you say you don't want to use electional astrology because this does not concern "some big event". The fundamental premise of horary is that the question asked is one of real significance, asked after a period of sincere consideration by someone who has explored all practical means to resolve the problem or dilemma by more obvious means. Almost all of the great past practitioners warn against using horary to try to answer questions that are vague or trivial, one reason being that the chart will probably be weak in its symbolic significance and not clear to read, or reliable. It is your choice, but my view is that it is not good practice to use horary for matters that are not important enough to consider from an electional astrology perspective.
I can understand your perspective as a practioner but as someone who isn't, my thoughts are dissimilar. I think that the use of horary can be next to limitless if a person is asking and answering a question of themselves, no matter how trivial it might be perceived as to others.

What other people consider to be of relevance is subjective and not what I would think to deem otherwise when in their personal 'practice'.

Thanks, Deb.

I agree with Deb that questions about eyebrows are trivial unless they have been asked by a person whose appearance matters a lot in real life (celebrity/to be bride ect), however, I received 2 paid questions on matter of 'purported new look' of eye brows. Experience has taught me that Moon indicates subjective/emotional assessment and Leo as a sign indicates eye brows. Good receptions between Moon and the planet(excluding nodes) with which Sun is forming immediate future ptolemic aspect tells us the positive answer.

From the Natal point of view good transits and directions to Natal Sun, Natal Venus and Sign of Taurus indicate a good period to undergo the 'eyebrows' trimming/dyeing stuff.

Best of Luck.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

I think that the use of horary can be next to limitless if a person is asking and answering a question of themselves, no matter how trivial it might be perceived as to others.
There is always a need to consider whether the question asked is appropriate for what horary can do - the planets cannot move around at a whim to give a never ending supply of relevant answers to any amount of questions we may be curious to ask, and the principles don't change according to whether the chart is judged for a client or for our own musings. What planetary movements reflect are the deeper issues connected with the major concerns of our lives at any time. So you might be asking what shade to pick for an eyebrow tint, but the chart's relevance will likely be attached to more significant or substantial concerns.

Great points, Morpheus & Deb. Thanks!
Morpheus wrote:Good receptions between Moon and the planet(excluding nodes) with which Sun is forming immediate future ptolemic aspect tells us the positive answer.
The Sun can also 'damage' what in comes in contact with, so something such a New Moon might instead be best to avoid, yes?
Deb wrote:So you might be asking what shade to pick for an eyebrow tint, but the chart's relevance will likely be attached to more significant or substantial concerns.
I think so too. When I've casted or looked at charts in the past, usually something other than what the person asks has showed up additionally or as greater symbolic 'priority' than that of the actual question. Almost as though the chart is pointing our attention towards what we should really be concerned about. I find that really interesting.