I don?t fully understand your question but intercepted houses don?t really ?rule? anything. Houses become significant in locating the influence of the planets. I don?t give any special attention to intercepted houses.

Hi, what I meant was the querent was in a particular house that was intercepted. Thanks for clarifying it, I guess I was just dwelling somewhere not needed. Thanks again.

ArianStar
Astrology is no coincidence...

Do you mean that your significator is an intercepted sign? Signs get intercepted, not houses.

I don't think there's much significance to a significator being in an intercepted sign. The house that it's in has a ruler and that planet has influence over your planet. And your significator is in a sign, even if it is intercepted, and that sign has a ruler by sign, exaltation, triplicity, etc., just like any other planet.

Don't fret over it. An intercepted sign is not "cut off" or "lost" or anything like that. I think this is how it works. All signs are exactly 30 degrees in length. But houses are not always exactly 30 degrees in length, sometimes they are less, sometimes they are more. I think this comes from the curvature of the earth and the latitude of where you are when you ask the question. So if a house stretches out way over 30 degrees in length, you're going to find that that house spans more than one sign. So that sign will not be on any house cusp, but will be in between two other signs that are on some house cusp.

Bottom line is I don't think there is any specific meaning, good or bad, to your significator being in an intercepted sign. Just interpret the chart like any other one.
Mark F

As an FYI, Lilly makes reference to using the ruler of the intercepted sign as a co-ruler of the house. Please don't make me look it up but I think he does this on more than one occasion.

I insist you look it up :)
Nah, I know you?re right. Even so I don?t. I think we can have too many co-rulers and my inclination is to keep things clear and simple wherever possible. Then again some people consider almuten rulers and I don?t. And of course some people do place an interpretative significance upon intercepted signs ? I think one modern theory is that they represent circumstances that are trapped or prevent full uninhibited expression. I?m not sure about that and there?s certainly enough ways to see that condition if it exists so they don?t mean much to me.

I insist you look it up
Nah
Whew!
my inclination is to keep things clear and simple wherever possible.
This is always the best policy. There are an awful lot of techniques out there, and eventually, when used in combination, they all lead to the same place: confusion. I was asked a question the other day by a beginner. She wanted to know the significance of an Arabic part conjunct a fixed star on the MC of her relocated solar return and how it impacted the influence of an asteroid. Hmmmmm. This is way out of line for most anyone, but a beginner would eventually run screaming from the field if she kept doing that to herself.

I never knew what to do with intercepted signs, either, so i just ignored them. There are times, I suppose, where the co-ruler might come in handy, but in cases like that the house ruler is usually off doing something else.

Tom

Hello everyone

I was wondering how to interprete the case of affliction by a planet who rules an intercepted sign. "Who" or "what" would that planet signify? According to the house the sign is intercepted in? Or look for the house of which this planet might be almuten?

Hi, geo

To answer the who or what part, I think that it depends on the context.

In the context of a choice question, as an example(and from this thread still in mind: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8347), I think of an intercepted sign>planet as a second option that we get stuck on or settle on making a decision about; an option that we aren't initially aware of, only for it to be brought to our attention by another person or as the circumstance unravels.

If it signifys a person, imagine a crowd of people where one or a few who can't or don't make their presence known are those who are intercepted.