Describe your experiences: the previous Mercury retrograde

Now that Mercury is direct again, I'd like us all to reflect on the experiences of the retrograde, before we forget about it :D. So, what kind of problems did you have? Maybe even fortunate events?

I'll start with some examples of my own:

- I have several dealings with banks...for example, I was redirected to other branches, which did not have what I want either, so I ended up spending more money to resolve the problem.
- I tried to submit some documents, but sometimes it failed the first time and I had to resend them. Note, this usually does not happen.
- The internet many times failed to load some pages.
- Timetable of classes was messed up. Incomplete information, wrong time, wrong room...you name it.
- Delays in classes.
- One bank took so long to serve me.
- My laptop's keyboard problem got worse.

Those are some of the things I remembered. What about you guys?
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.

I wonder if the effects of Mercury retrograde are simply more intense than Mercury direct, but of the same quality, and because Mercury has slowed down.

But the quality of reversal is intrinsic to Mercury, and not due to its being retrograde.

I do not think that reversal is an inherent attribute of Mercury. Mercury is more flexible and whimsical than most other planets (except for the Moon), but it does not create reversals naturally. What I mean is that, when new evidence is received in such a way as to convince oneself to change one's course, then Mercury will lead to that. But with direct planets, it is often two steps forward and one step back. Things progress rather than regress, despite the changes.

In retrograde planets, the proper meaning of reversal occurs, which is something like one step forward and two steps back. Regression occurs. Sometimes stagnancy: one step forward, one step back. In some cases things progress, but after a lot of moving back and forth between where we started and where we want to end.

Larxene, with Mercury retrograde, natally, I never saw what the fuss was about with transiting Mercury retrograde. Globally most planes land on time, bank transactions work just fine, contracts get signed, my life turned out OK,and so on.

Having Mercury retrograde natally, I am a great believer in Murphy's Law. I generally put in a lot of precautions and redundancy into my more important activities. (Stuff like planning to arrive early, making back-up copies, getting a reservation vs. hoping a place will turn up.)

With this last RX, I noticed all kinds of things going haywire. Nothing life-threatening, but documents getting lost in the mail or not being sent as promised, having different support staff tell me different things about my pension, and so on.

I decided even if Mercury retrograde doesn't much bother me, it may affect the people I deal with.

Yeah, I take extreme measures during that retrograde as well. For instance, reading a document I am submitting 4-6 times.

Usually it is not life-threatening, but it does mess things up and makes things slower than they should be. Mercury retrograde is not as frustrating as people though. :)

For me it is more because Mercury was transiting a spot where one of the time-lords are active, not so much because I think Mercury retrograde is always a big deal.

It's partly fulfilling prophecy, but only if you are aware that it's Mercury retrograde time. That is why the better thing to do is to examine the effects blind, i.e. on people who have not heard of Mercury retrograde.

However, we cannot account for even a majority of the events to a fulfilling prophecy. For instance, the internet pages not loading...don't tell me I have some kind of power to make it not run. I find that hard to believe. :)

Faulty kitchen appliances. It was soo Mercury in Cancer Rx.

Our old microwave-toaster which was running amok 'on its last leg' had to be thrown out and my mother bought an LG. I hate the new one because it doesn't have a toaster attached or 'go' with the other appliances. Among everything else thats either white or silver, its the odd black one out. I had an outburst and screamed at her, "WTH, ma! WTH! its...BLACK! I told you before you went to the store NOT to buy one that's BLACK! the WHOLE look of the kitchen is ruined now! are you deaf?!"...:???:, it got ugly. All hell broke loose, you could say.

I mean...I guess we could all use a hint of black but I'm beginning to hate this shade. My thinking is, "We are not the Addams family. We should rid ourselves of this doom and gloom!"

With the old one gon, which wasn't easy to see go because we have had it sitting there on the counter for years, my dietary habits have changed. I have converted to eating mostly fresh foods, hardly eating anything processed or in need of heat to be cooked anymore.

This has trickled down to a domino effect where I have been condemning black from my wardrobe and everyday things around me. The sight of it only triggers an emotional response of fear, anger and sadness in me. Am highly influenced by color psychology and a tad bit of Feng Shui.

I guess am trying to make the impossible possible. If I hate somebody, I can move away from them but how can I erase something, a shade, out of life and all that which it signifies?

...Am an ungrateful brat. A kitchen Nazi.

:oops: