Blocks of Football Games

Konrad and John,

I'm not sure that I have understood your idea correctly, but as the World Cup is near its end, I thought I would try a block of games from last season in the UK Premier League. Let me know if I have misunderstood :)

February 1st 2014, all games scheduled for 1500 GMT kick-off.

Cardiff v Norwich, odds 2.3, 3.5, 3.57, res 2-1, Home fav won (just)
Everton v Aston Villa, odds 1.55, 4.5, 7.82, res 2-1, Home fav won (just)
Fulham v Southampton odds 3.63, 3.5, 2.25, res 0-3, Away fav won (easily)
Hull v Tottenham, odds 4.05, 3.6, 2.11, res 1-1, Draw (unexpected)
Stoke v Man Utd, odds 7.5, 4.15, 1.6, res 2-1, Home outsider won (unexpected)

All five matches had the same L1 (Moon), L7 (Saturn) and LHr (Mars)
The team in bold kicked-off.
Last edited by GB on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Back to soccer predictions again. I think that I will join in. Shortly before the season I will update my tables and send out.

In the table for Premier League one can find that the main significator for Cardiff is Mars, for Norwich Mercury, Everton - Jupiter, Aston Villa - Jupiter (Venus), Fulham - Saturn, Southampton - Mars, Hull - Sun, Tottenham - Saturn, Stoke - Mars, Manchester Utd - Mars. If all agree, we can proceed.

I suppose that the Stoke - Manchester Utd is game that need explanation. All the games are played at the hour of Mars. Tropical Cancer rises and that makes the chart radical by triplicity. But it is a tricky one. It is not triplicity that matters but the fall of Mars, the lord of hour. The lord of the hour, along with the luminaries and dispositor of POF, shows the strength of the favourite. Their affliction indicate upsets. If the lord of hour is in its own fall, or has the fall in rising sign, from a block of the games the big favourites are likely to be affected. They are neutral for marginal favourites and help underdogs. In a block of games I apply different rules regarding big favourites, equal teams and total underdogs.

If there are two teams signified by the same planet (I use home colours as primary significators), I assign the planet to the favourite and leave the underdog without a sig and judge according to its condition mainly in the manner as John described.

In the chart the culprit was Mars in its detriment being in a partile square with the rising degree (the other game where the aspect was partile was Fulham - Southampton won by Mars's team; in the latter case I do not think that Mars's position played so crucial a role but the terrible form of Fulham). The astrological reasoning for other games (using the significators from the table) are clear in my opinion.

Maybe Konrad will add something from the viewpoint of dodecs (POF and the IC degree which he said to be using in determining outcomes).

Just to concur with Konrad, yes this is what I was thinking. I?m at the stage of observing games and charts, then seeing what develops.

Pleased to see GB has picked an easy one to start with.

First thoughts:

Five games, of which three went to the favourites, 1 draw and 1 shock.

Janis has put forward a principle: LHR debilitated and Ascendant is a sign where the LHR is debilitated adversely affects the biggest favourites.

What is the Chart saying:
LHR agrees with Ascendant sign- radical but weak
No major Moon aspects, no whole sign aspect to a malefic.
LHR and rising sign see each other.
Moon and LHR have same term ruler.

Is this a mixed enough description to say there should be a mix of results?

Janis puts forward teams should use their home colours as significators.
Observations on colours of the day:
Red teams beat the white/black teams.
Blues won: Jupiter in exaltation
Sky blue? Tottenham. Gold-Sun-Hull. Sun and Mercury both debilitated.

If Dodekatemoriums are relevant I?m sure Konrad will chip in. I?m not sure how much this changes for games starting at 3pm. If Konrad has individual times for each game I?d see games in Newcastle and Southampton having different rising signs. I wouldn?t know how to look at Dodeks and how they should be considered differently to duodenaries.

The way I selected this block of games was to look for at least four, and preferably five games at the same time. There also had to be a mixture of favourite wins/outsider wins, home/away wins and at least one draw (as draws are always unexpected by odds). Finally, I wanted to avoid the last month of the season when special considerations come into play.

Once we have had a chance to discuss this block, I will look for another one, before we get into the new season in just over a month.

If anyone has a source for who kicked-off in the matches it would be very helpful, as I would like to see if the team that kicked-off might be represented by the ascendant. It would be worth investigating.

Thanks Konrad.
Interestingly, in all but one case the home team kicked-off. The exception was Norwich. I have edited my original post to put the team that kicked-off in bold.